For "Gay Marriage" But Against Father Marrying Son?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't think of anything more evil than rejecting God

not sure where "gross" figures in there :idunno:

stupid, sure

Simply because it is evil it could rightly be defined as Offensive, disgusting and gross.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Simply because it is evil it could rightly be defined as Offensive, disgusting and gross.

Exactly -

a archaic : immediately obvious
b (1) : glaringly noticeable usually because of inexcusable badness or objectionableness <a gross error> (2) : out-and-out, utter <a gross injustice>

Utterly disgusting, vile

Vile - a : morally despicable or abhorrent <nothing is so vile as intellectual dishonesty>
b : physically repulsive : foul <a vile slum>
: of little worth or account : common; also : mean
: tending to degrade <vile employments>
: disgustingly or utterly bad : obnoxious, contemptible <vile weather> <had a vile temper>

Gross is a synonym of vile

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rejecting God is offensive because it destroys the person just like homosexuality does. Rejection of God is the ultimate evil.

zippy2006

This reminded me of your thread WoZ:

"Next."

"Good morning. We want to apply for a marriage license."

"Names?"

"Tim and Jim Jones."

"Jones? Are you related? I see a resemblance."

"Yes, we're brothers."

"Brothers? You can't get married."

"Why not? Aren't you giving marriage licenses to same gender
couples?"

"Yes, thousands, but we haven't had any siblings. That's
incest!"

"Incest? No, we are not gay."

"Not gay? Then why do you want to get married?"

"For the financial benefits, of course, and we do love each
other. Besides, we don't have any other prospects."

"But we're issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples
who've been denied equal protection under the law. If you are
not gay, you can get married to a woman."

"Wait a minute. A gay man has the same right to marry a woman
as I have. Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I want to
marry a woman. I want to marry Jim."

"And I want to marry Tim. Are you going to discriminate against
us just because we are not gay?"

"All right, all right. I'll give you your license."

"Next."[...]

(this is only a partial excerpt, but it really spells out the silliness of the "contractual" argument)

BBTimeless

Or mother marrying daughter?

I started a thread a while back entitled For "Gay Marriage" But Against Legalizing Polygamy?

It was an interesting thread to say the least. It seems most individuals in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage generally have no issue with legalizing multiple spouses either. The standard at least seems similar and/or they do not want to be accused of discrimination or exclusion when it comes to other types of marriages.

Incestuous relationships were brought up in that thread as well. It seemed the only objection anyone who was in favor of same-sex marriage had was the possibility of an offspring being produced that suffered from defects due to this type of relationship.

So, how about a father marrying his son? If you support same-sex marriage, why shouldn't a father be able to legally marry his son? Or, if you support same-sex marriage, why shouldn't a mother be able to marry her daughter?

Assume all parties are consenting and an adult 18 or older.
Why not, indeed.

WizardofOz

I know the thread is based on a premise of father marrying his own son and a lot of posters were incredulous to the possibility.

But here we go on the slippery slope of gay marriage: Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating :think:

Should such "marriages" be legal? This is especially aimed at anyone in favor of same-sex marriage but who would oppose a father marrying his own son or daughter.

musterion

Should such "marriages" be legal?
No, but the whole world is back to "What is truth?" which has already led to most doing whatever is right in their own eyes. And there's nowhere to run to escape it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
So, how about a father marrying his son? If you support same-sex marriage, why shouldn't a father be able to legally marry his son? Or, if you support same-sex marriage, why shouldn't a mother be able to marry her daughter?

Assume all parties are consenting and an adult 18 or older.

Much like traditional (?) :dizzy: homosexual marriage senarios I find them unconventional while personally not understanding the attraction...nonetheless, such marriages (per the provisos provided by you.) ultimately matter little to me. Why should they?

To each their own.