Focus on the Family says Equal Rights for Homosexuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I agree. I guess this is all semantics, really, could see it either way depending on how you choose to word it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

It may not be fallacious reasoning to suppose that hate crimes may lead to restricted speech and thought police, and such, but you need to provide independent reasoning in order to demonstrate that.

I also agree, and I prefer my semantics.

:chuckle:

I read the slippery slope def. in wikipedia. It seems to me, just calling it a slippery slope fallacy, also requires some "independant reasoning"? Although I understand the burden of proof, or logical progression, needs to be made by the one asserting the slippery slope.

I suppose my reasoning is based upon the agenda of the homosexual politicos.

I look at their agenda, and stated goals, over the past 30 years. They are the most powerful political group, certainly percentage wise, in the U.S.

They have acheived much in a short time. They are temporarily stalled on nationwide homosexual marriage, which was the dream of the "insane" thirty years ago.

If you check off all their stated goals that they have acheived, it is certainly not fallacious reasoning to presume that the Bible quotes which they want to be labelled as hate speech and censored, will become a reality. I think Canada is ahead of us in that regard.

Since Hillary, is nearly a shoe-in for President, and many say a Lesbian?, it is very reasonable to assume the tide will have turned completely in the direction and slope of free, uncensored homosexuality, at some point during her term.

Does that sound like a wild nightmare of an insane Christian....... or is actually more plausible than the fulfiiled wildest dream of homosexual marriage in Massachusetts.

You be the judge. I will be "shocked" if, and when, Hillary is elected, we do not have national homosexual marriage, and also, restricted and criminal speech, regarding homosexuality, within 4 to 8 years.

Layla

You realise that hate crimes relate to far more than just homosexuality, right? In fact, weren't they initiated to protect victims of racism?

Oddly enough, we have homosexual marriage over here, yet we don't have the allowable lewdness in pride parades and such. Funny old world.

I don't really see how legalising homosexual marriage, or civil partnerships, are related to hate crimes.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
You realise that hate crimes relate to far more than just homosexuality, right? In fact, weren't they initiated to protect victims of racism?

Oddly enough, we have homosexual marriage over here, yet we don't have the allowable lewdness in pride parades and such. Funny old world.

I don't really see how legalising homosexual marriage, or civil partnerships, are related to hate crimes.

.............because you and I were talking about whether or not it is now, or ever will be a crime to simply hate homosexuals.

If homoseual marriage is legalised it relates to that very clearly. You may think that homosexuals will not punish people for quoting the Bible, but they already call it hate speech. They have a famous slogan here, "Hate is not a family value."

I do not believe it will ever be a crime to "think" that homosexuality is an abomination to God. Nor is that on their agenda. However if the Government sanctions the marriage, and you say that it is a sin or abomination, that will be a crime. Doesn't that seem like a reasonable likelihood to you, given that it is on their agenda, literally, just as homosexual marriage is.

Remember "you" mentioned that if, hating homosexuality was a crime, then the leadership of TOL would be locked up. You can only know that they hate homosexuality by their words, and not their thoughts. But it will be the "words" which express one's "thoughts", which may very well become a crime, someday.

That is how we got to this point in the discussion, through words, which expressed your thoughts and beliefs. That is why we have freedom of speech in this country and why it is so needed to be protected against the onslaught of the homosexual agenda, and those who hate Christians, and the Bible.

Do you see the much more important point I am making, than whether or not one "thinks," or "says," that homosexuality is "beautiful" or "disgusting."

I never want anyone punished for saying, let alone thinking, that Christianity is disgusting and an abomination against mankind. There are those who "do" want to censor, and punish, that exact speech against homosexuality.

I assume you are not one of them.

Layla

I understand what you're saying, but I don't see how legal gay marriage automatically means that speech against homosexuality will be made a crime. You've not a made a case for it, simply said that it'll be so.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I understand what you're saying, but I don't see how legal gay marriage automatically means that speech against homosexuality will be made a crime. You've not a made a case for it, simply said that it'll be so.

Yes, I agree, it is not an automatic, and one would hope that there would be a reasonableness and a respect for the Constitution and freedom of speech, that goes beyond a desire for "all things," homosexual.

I think I have made a case for it, and if it sounds like I am saying, that it "will" be so, based upon my say so, then I beg your pardon.

These are my conclusions, based upon what I see, and my view of human, and biblical history.

I would take comfort in a "small way," if those driving the agenda, got marriage, and then said, Christians can continue to quote the Bible and we will continue to not like it, but we will defend your right to free speech.

But everything about the unreasonableness of how they "treat us," makes me think otherwise. You are, of course free to think otherwise, and think better of them than I do.

Layla

Fair enough. Over here, gay marriage (civil partnership) is legal, and Christians are still allowed to freely speak their minds. So maybe there's hope for you Americans yet.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Fair enough. Over here, gay marriage (civil partnership) is legal, and Christians are still allowed to freely speak their minds. So maybe there's hope for you Americans yet.

Yes, let's hope, there's always hope!

I am glad Christians can still speak their minds freely in England....but then you have always been more "civilized" and less rebellious than us Americans.

We had to have a war for our independance, and a war to end slavery. The English had an evolution from the Rex lex, to Lex rex and the parliamentary system. And you eventually ended slavery through law, and the House of Lords, and Commons?

Thanks for a "nice" but "challenging" discussion. I am turning the computer over to my "late night" son now! Bye

:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.