Fiscal suicide

marke

Democrats have been using government spending to gain voter support for so long that they can no longer understand how years of out-of-control debt spending are currently threatening the life of the nation. Nobody can keep spending money that was printed without backing and hope to avoid being bankrupted or criminally charged for fraud. Printing banknotes with no backing is called "counterfeiting" which is illegal for many good reasons.

President Biden on Thursday warned Republicans touting parts of the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package they universally opposed not to “get in the way” of the $4 trillion-plus economic agenda Mr. Biden says is needed to sustain a longer-term economic recovery.
Mr. Biden whipped out a list of GOP lawmakers he said are praising parts of the relief package while they’re back home in their districts, like a special fund for hard-hit restaurants and money for community health care centers.
“Some people have no shame,” the president said, laughing. “But I’m happy. I’m happy they know that it benefitted their constituents. That’s OK with me.
“But if you’re going to try to take credit for what you’ve done, don’t get in the way of what we still need to do,” the president said.
Congressional Democrats muscled the package through in March without a single Republican vote.