Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

Gary K

Banned
Excerpt from a firsthand account of the insurrection from journalist Luke Mogelson:

“You are traitors to the country!” a man barked at the police through a megaphone plastered with stickers from “InfoWars,” the incendiary Web program hosted by the right-wing conspiracist Alex Jones. Behind the man stood Biggs, the Proud Boys leader. He wore a radio clipped onto the breast pocket of his plaid flannel shirt. Not far away, I spotted a “straight pride” flag.

There wasn’t nearly enough law enforcement to fend off the mob, which pelted the officers with cans and bottles. One man angrily invoked the pandemic lockdown: “Why can’t I work? Where’s my ‘pursuit of happiness’?” Many people were equipped with flak jackets, helmets, gas masks, and tactical apparel. Guns were prohibited for the protest, but a man in a cowboy hat, posing for a photograph, lifted his jacket to reveal a revolver tucked into his waistband. Other Trump supporters had Tasers, baseball bats, and truncheons. I saw one man holding a coiled noose.

“Hang Mike Pence!” people yelled.

Soon the mob swarmed past the officers, into the understructure of the bleachers, and scrambled through its metal braces, up the building’s granite steps. Toward the top was a temporary security wall with three doors, one of which was instantly breached. Dozens of police stood behind the wall, using shields, nightsticks, and pepper spray to stop people from crossing the threshold. Other officers took up positions on planks above, firing a steady barrage of nonlethal munitions into the solid mass of bodies. As rounds tinked off metal, and caustic chemicals filled the space as if it were a fumigation tent, some of the insurrectionists panicked: “We need to retreat and assault another point!” But most remained resolute. “Hold the line!” they exhorted. “Storm!” Martial bagpipes blared through portable speakers.

“Shoot the politicians!” somebody yelled.

“Fight for Trump!”

A jet of pepper spray incapacitated me for about twenty minutes. When I regained my vision, the mob was streaming freely through all three doors. I followed an overweight man in a Roman-era costume—sandals, cape, armguards, dagger—away from the bleachers and onto an open terrace on the Capitol’s main level. People clambered through a shattered window. Video later showed that a Proud Boy had smashed it with a riot shield. A dozen police stood in a hallway softly lit by ornate chandeliers, mutely watching the rioters—many of them wearing Trump gear or carrying Trump flags—flood into the building. Their cries resonated through colonnaded rooms: “Where’s the traitors?” “Bring them out!” “Get these [redacted] [redacted] Commies out!”

The attack on the Capitol was a predictable apotheosis of a months-long ferment. Throughout the pandemic, right-wing protesters had been gathering at statehouses, demanding entry. In April, an armed mob had filled the Michigan state capitol, chanting “Treason!” and “Let us in!” In December, conservatives had broken the glass doors of the Oregon state capitol, overrunning officers and spraying them with chemical agents. The occupation of restricted government sanctums was an affirmation of dominance so emotionally satisfying that it was an end in itself—proof to elected officials, to Biden voters, and also to the occupiers themselves that they were still in charge. After one of the Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol, he insisted through a megaphone, “We will not be denied.” There was an unmistakable subtext as the mob, almost entirely white, shouted, “Whose house? Our house!” One man carried a Confederate flag through the building. A Black member of the Capitol Police later told BuzzFeed News that, during the assault, he was called a racial slur fifteen times.

I followed a group that broke off to advance on five policemen guarding a side corridor. “Stand down,” a man in a maga hat commanded. “You’re outnumbered. There’s a [redacted] million of us out there, and we are listening to Trump—your boss.”

“We can take you out,” a man beside him warned.

The America Firsters and other invaders fanned out in search of lawmakers, breaking into offices and revelling in their own astounding impunity. “Nancy, I’m ho-ome! ” a man taunted, mimicking Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Shining.” Someone else yelled, “1776—it’s now or never.” Around this time, Trump tweeted, “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country. . . . USA demands the truth!” Twenty minutes later, Ashli Babbitt, a thirty-five-year-old woman from California, was fatally shot while climbing through a barricaded door that led to the Speaker’s lobby in the House chamber, where representatives were sheltering...

“Where the [redacted] are they?”

“Where the [redacted] is Nancy?”

No one seemed quite sure how to proceed. “While we’re here, we might as well set up a government,” somebody suggested.

Then a man with a large “AF ” [America First] flag—college-age, cheeks spotted with acne—pushed through a series of tall double doors, the last of which gave onto the Senate chamber.

“Praise God!”
And the Democrats have done none of this in the last four years. Right? The fact that the cops maced Trump supporters for telling the cops a member of blm had physically attacked a woman and injured her. All that blood streaming down her face was just fake blood. Right?

And what about the blm people there? They have a long history of non-violent protest and never attacking anyone. Well, except kicking people in the head from behind when all the guy was doing was trying to stop them from beating on a transgender woman. Oh, blm and antifa are a real bunch of sweethearts.

Hilltrot

"Chansley also stated he has no mental health conditions, but publicly-available information and videos reveal a very different picture. Chansley has spoken openly about his belief that he is an alien, a higher being, and he is here on Earth to ascend to another reality."

"Chansley states:

So in order to beat this evil occultic force you need a light occultic force you need an occultic force that is of the side of God of love on like almost like on the side of the Angels OK as opposed to the demons all right and so as a shaman I am like a multi-dimensional or hyper-dimensional being okay I am able to perceive multiple different frequencies of light beyond my five senses and it allows me to see into these other higher dimensions that these entities these pedophiles these rapists these murderers these really high up people that they almost like hide in the shadows in nobody can see that because the third eye ain't open okay and that's where things like fluoride and stuff like that comes in so the horns the horns are hey man you mess with the Buffalo you get the horns bro and if you ever tried messing with the Buffalo that doesn't work out too well for many people this right here this is coyote skin according to the Navajo the coyote is like the trickster almost like almost like a benevolent force so I'm wearing the skin of the trickster I got two tails here okay so the trickster messed with the bull got the horns okay and the face paint is representative of the Native American tradition of like donning on warpaint of some sort only this is only this is a war that is of like a spiritual nature okay so because it's a war of a spiritual nature you need symbolism okay in the symbolism here for me is you got the blood on the sign the bullet holes Q sent me this shows the the the secret war in the behind the scene. Hey if you don’t know who Q is Q is the highest levels of the military in the intelligence community disseminating above top secret information to pay attention to the republic so we can take our country back from globalists and communists and satanists."

So, you're obsessed with this guy because he is as loony as you are. Did you want to go on a date with him?

At no point did they even accuse him of anything violent in the entire 18 page motion. They did call the other Trump supporters there "protestors" and not rioters.

"Robishaw and other officers calmed the protestors somewhat and directed them to leave the area from the same way they had entered. Most protestors complied, but Chansley disobeyed the order and instead began heading up a different stairwell towards the Senate floor."

That kills most of your silly accusations.

"Chansley did not turn himself in to the FBI, but instead drove to the FBI Building to continue to his interview. However, he was arrested pursuant to the arrest warrant when he did so."

Yep, more like what an insane person would do and less like what a violent insurrectionist would do. Also, this kinda is killing the motion to hold him without bail but with an evil D.C. judge this should still be no problem.

"As described below, Chansley has described his routine use of psychedelic drugs, including mushrooms and peyote, in recorded interviews on his podcast."

So, in addition to being insane, this guy could've been high as well.

"Chansley is charged with two felonies: committing an act of civil disorder that obstructed the conduct of a federally-protected function, and obstructing an official proceeding."

Do either of those sound like violent insurrection? Lemme give you a hint: The opening line was there to get press and did not objectively describe reality.

"As widely reported by the news media, the FBI has received information indicating that “armed protests” are being planned at all 50 state capitols and the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. in the days leading up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20, 2021."

Hmm . . . leak something to the media . . . the media reports on it . . . use the media as the excuse to put it in a court document. Where have we seen this before? Ah, yes, the FISA fraud which violated the civil rights of many. One was actually put in jail for something other than a process crime.

This court document basically has pointed out that you're full of it. However, I doubt you will ever be able to read the court document as you're suffering from Twitter Brain Rot and can't understand anything over 256 characters.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So, you're obsessed with this guy because he is as loony as you are. Did you want to go on a date with him?

I have to say your deflections are on the unique side.

Meanwhile:

A pillow salesman apparently has some ideas about declaring martial law

ErzTGcyXUAIdej7

imrs.php

Amazing... a grifting reality show host desperate to stay in office is being advised on martial law by a pillow salesman.

It's like Monty Python without the humor.

Arthur Brain

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What happened to Sidney Powell's Kraken anyway? Seems like a pillow is still the best place for it...

Getting ready to represent herself in court with as much success as she had representing Trump's failed election challenges?

Dominion, meanwhile, has filed a $1.3-billion lawsuit against pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell over her role in peddling the outlandish conspiracy theories about corrupt voting software flipping votes from Trump to President-elect Joe Biden.

That info comes at the end of this article, in which American Thinker is very very sorry for publishing very very fake news:

Right-Wing Site American Thinker Retracts ‘Completely False’ Dominion Voting Claims

Far-right nationalist website American Thinker became the latest conservative outlet to backtrack from its baseless election fraud conspiracies about voting machines on Friday, issuing a statement retracting the “completely false” claims the site made about Dominion Voting Systems.

“These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims,” American Thinker editor Thomas Lifson wrote. “It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees.”

Lifson ended the retraction for “misrepresenting” Dominion’s role in the election, adding: “We regret this grave error.”
The statement appeared to be in response to a legal threat from Dominion’s legal team, as Lifson also wrote that they “received a lengthy letter from Dominion’s defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements.”

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Keith Olbermann is an unhinged lunatic, BUT he is right about this:

Arthur Brain

Getting ready to represent herself in court with as much success as she had representing Trump's failed election challenges?

That info comes at the end of this article, in which American Thinker is very very sorry for publishing very very fake news:

Right-Wing Site American Thinker Retracts ‘Completely False’ Dominion Voting Claims

Far-right nationalist website American Thinker became the latest conservative outlet to backtrack from its baseless election fraud conspiracies about voting machines on Friday, issuing a statement retracting the “completely false” claims the site made about Dominion Voting Systems.

“These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims,” American Thinker editor Thomas Lifson wrote. “It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees.”

Lifson ended the retraction for “misrepresenting” Dominion’s role in the election, adding: “We regret this grave error.”
The statement appeared to be in response to a legal threat from Dominion’s legal team, as Lifson also wrote that they “received a lengthy letter from Dominion’s defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements.”

Yes, even Lou Dobbs had to backtrack on Fox News not so long back when it came to legal action because what "news" network wants to risk such bat crazy claims? Cease and desist orders etc?

Yes, the kraken sleeps peacefully on...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Keith Olbermann is an unhinged lunatic, BUT he is right about this:

Right about what? I'm looking at a page with Gary North links from 2019?

Oh, looks like you changed the link.

So you agree with Olbermann that Trump is the psychopath-in-chief and he's being advised by the lunatic Lindell?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"QAnon" is sane?

The Q supporters are holding on to the idea that all they have to do is "trust the plan," that Trump will rise up as their political savior to save the day, the country, and the world, his TV remote clenched in his tiny fist like a mighty scepter.

What worries me is not that Trump will do anything but slink away (the moving trucks are already at the White House after all) but that the Q/MAGA will be the cause of bloodshed regardless.

Arthur Brain

The Q supporters are holding on to the idea that all they have to do is "trust the plan," that Trump will rise up as their political savior to save the day, the country, and the world, his TV remote clenched in his tiny fist like a mighty scepter.

What worries me is not that Trump will do anything but slink away (the moving trucks are already at the White House after all) but that the Q/MAGA will be the cause of bloodshed regardless.

It's already in the news that Trump will use his last remaining use of Air Force One to jet off to Mar-a-Lago so no great surprise. Kayleigh McEnany has also "abandoned ship"...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's already in the news that Trump will use his last remaining use of Air Force One to jet off to Mar-a-Lago so no great surprise. Kayleigh McEnany has also "abandoned ship"...

I think they're all headed to Florida.

We already have 'Florida Man,' so what could go wrong?

Arthur Brain

Q-Anon is an anti-Trump conspiracy theory which has hurt Trump more than Russia-Gate.

It has caused people to do things which they shouldn't and has gotten one former Air Force veteran killed over something which will do nothing but hurt Trump and his supporters.

It will destroy some of the most important lawyers against the establishment.

Public opinion turned against the President to the point, we weren't even able to do a simple audit of vote because Q-Anon.

At the same time, it has caused people to not involve themselves politically when the should have. Efforts to secure the vote ahead of 2020 didn't happen because of Q-Anon. Efforts made to inform Trump of whom he should have been appointing were dampened because of Q-Anon.

Trump will likely not have a final Maga bash in Florida on the 20th because of Q-Anon.

Q-Anon has done more to destroy the reform/populist movement than any other group.

Trump will leave office on January 20th. And thanks to Q-Anon, there will be no coming back.

In some respects you're absolutely right. Q-Anon has done no favours ultimately for the Trump administration whatsoever but calling it an anti Trump conspiracy is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Is Sidney Powell against Trump because she has ties with Q? Many on the far right lap it up as well. Okay, an outfit that has the premise of Trump fighting a secret war against an elite cabal of Satan worshipping paedophiles is absolutely bat crazy from the get go but boy, did it get a fan base from the MAGA crowd or what?