Faith Without Works Is Dead

I said
What are your great works, Squeaky? Spamming a message board all day long? False theology, trying to tell people they need to earn salvation for some future time? Suppose the Christian is still, effectively, damned, not really saved, as it stands, pending his works outcome? In danger of getting unborn again? Fact is, Satan is the author of doubt, his specialty.

I always wonder about all you sinless perfection or works salvation guys, who spend your lives spamming message boards, telling lies. You're doing that for Jesus? Is this tragic farce of a "Christian" you are, trolling a message board, something Jesus told you He wants? Is this your great works, sitting on your rear, trying to rewrite the gospel and dispute with people all day? By what stretch of the imagination does the Lord have any use for who and what you are? I wouldn't even want you for a neighbor, to be frank. You're as if your own fanatical, little cult religion, religion that is nowhere found in scripture that you insist everybody subscribes to. In the secular world, it's called a narcissistic personality disorder.

Jerry Shugart

I said
Now many times will you run and hide from the next step. Now that your saved its time to work out your salvation.

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Are you actually not aware that those words are addressed to those who are already saved?

The Greek word translated "salvation"can also mean "deliverance" and that is the meaning here. Paul would not be telling those who are already saved to work out their salvation!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
are you Jesus?

no?

i'm calling you silly, and your silly claims about having received these "revelations"

you're a fraud

I said
lol If your ignorant about the milk and the meat understanding which you are. How would you ever know a revelation if you seen one.

Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Your just a cheap heckler. And really not very good at it. One thing you do have a strong spirit of denial.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I said
What are your great works, Squeaky? Spamming a message board all day long? False theology, trying to tell people they need to earn salvation for some future time? Suppose the Christian is still, effectively, damned, not really saved, as it stands, pending his works outcome? In danger of getting unborn again? Fact is, Satan is the author of doubt, his specialty.

I always wonder about all you sinless perfection or works salvation guys, who spend your lives on message boards, telling lies. You're doing that for Jesus? Is this tragic farce of a "Christian" you are, trolling a message board, something Jesus told you He wants? Is this your great works, sitting on your rear, trying to rewrite the gospel? By what stretch of the imagination does the Lord have any use for who and what you are? I wouldn't even want you for a neighbor, to be frank.

I said
I'm just demonstrating the Holy Spirit. And showing you what the bible really says. So that if you do go to hell you will atleast know why.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
lol If your ignorant about the milk and the meat understanding which you are. How would you ever know a revelation if you seen one.

Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Your just a cheap heckler. And really not very good at it. One thing you do have a strong spirit of denial.

i can recognize a fraud with a familiar spirit easily enough

hey look!

there's one now!

:mock:squeaky

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you actually not aware that those words are addressed to those who are already saved?

The Greek word translated "salvation"can also mean "deliverance" and that is the meaning here. Paul would not be telling those who are already saved to work out their salvation!

I said
That is exactly what Paul is telling them. Paul knew at that stage they could still be disqualified, fall from grace, and fall short of salvation.

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

i can recognize a fraud with a familiar spirit easily enough

hey look!

there's one now!

:mock:squeaky

The dude is really twisted, now threatening believers with hell. You look at the list of threads, see stuff going on here, and some days it's just inordinate wear on your page down key. There is nobody on the planet signing up for their serial posts and threads, but that doesn't stop them, does it? I don't know about you, but they just bore me to a near coma, illustrate the down side of technology.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The dude is really twisted, now threatening believers with hell. You look at the list of threads, see stuff going on here, and some days it's just inordinate wear on your page down key. There is nobody on the planet signing up for their serial posts and threads, but that doesn't stop them, does it? I don't know about you, but they just bore me to a near coma, illustrate the down side of technology.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

i get a lot of edification from many of the other posters here, but once in a while I feel it's worth exposing squeaky for the fraud that he is

Seeking obedience, the things of God day to day, is also something we work on, though eternally saved at our spiritual birth, and Christians attentive to things of the Spirit in varying degrees. That we are attentive to being conformed to the image of Christ, with fear and respect for God, is our mission, does not constitute salvation by works of the law, in the first place, this verse having nothing to do with justification by the blood of Jesus Christ and that grace, the pure gift of God's grace. Paul is merely saying fear Almighty God, have respect and reverence to obey Him who is not mocked, merely saying be a good Christian, attentive to the things of God at all times. It's another grotesque error of context false prophets are famous for, as if everywhere the word "work" appears it's about legal works justification. Verses do not stand alone, in a fashion where scripture contradicts scripture. There are no contradictions, merely twisted understandings. In truth, legalistic gospels, that cults cling to, are a big chunk of what constitute the doctrines of devils, this grace plus adhering to pet legalisms, in all its forms, a false gospel.

The Satanic goal is to try and make a Christian doubt his salvation, especially prone the weaker, for instance, baby Christian, or to make unbelievers conclude it's too much effort to be a Christian, given a doubtful outcome. Of course, the cults also need an exclusive false gospel people can't get anywhere else, to enslave a paying flock of "chosen few," which also much appeals to fallen man's ego, to think of himself as select, above others, just as did Aryanism the Nazi. From a business perspective, these cult guys know what they're doing, the ego massage, throw in some herd instinct, though the false, special gospel really just a product exclusive thing. Think of what a disaster it would be for the coffers of organized, big denominational religion, if every church were simply a Bible believing church, if people demanded the one, whole gospel.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
i get a lot of edification from many of the other posters here, but once in a while I feel it's worth exposing squeaky for the fraud that he is

I said
lolol You bear false witness. And it will catch up with you. Do you even know what edify means?

Jerry Shugart

That is exactly what Paul is telling them. Paul knew at that stage they could still be disqualified, fall from grace, and fall short of salvation.

You want us to throw our reason to the wind and imagine that Paul is telling those already saved to work out their own salvation of the soul!

Again, in the verse we are discussing one of the meanings of the Greek word translated "salvation" is "deliverance" and that is the proper translation.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You want us to throw our reason to the wind and imagine that Paul is telling those already saved to work out their own salvation of the soul!

Again, in the verse we are discussing one of the meanings of the Greek word translated "salvation" is "deliverance" and that is the proper translation.

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)
[/QUOTE]

I said
That is what I am telling you.
REASON & LOGIC OR VERSES
2 Cor 11:6
6 Even though I am untrained in speech, yet I am not in knowledge. But we have been thoroughly manifested among you in all things.
Eph 3:3-5
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
Gal 1:6-7
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
2 Pet 2:18-20
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning
2 Pet 3:15-16
15 and account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
I Jn 2:27-29
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
Rom 12:2
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
(NKJ)
xxx Mans reasoning and logic is what keeps people from just believing the Word of God. Think about when you were a kid, how you could believe in Santa, or the tooth fairy, or the easter bunny. The ability to believe something has always been there. But as you grew up, you were programed to rely on mans logic. But what does the Word say:

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
(NKJ)

xxx Many start out looking for reasons to believe the gospel. The only reason someone would do that is because of their carnal reasoning and logic. Think about this. When you were growing up, did you need a reason to believe your teachers at school? Did you need a reason to believe your parents? Did you need a reason to believe the light would come on when you fliped the light switch? Did you need a reason to get dressed? Did you need a reason to eat? Did you need a reason to breath?
But you need a reason to believe the bible, Gods Word. You start out with the bible full of doubts, and you submit to them doubts. When the first step to the bible is repent and believe in the gospel. If you take the first step wrong, all the rest are going to be wrong also. If you try to retain your human wisdom and logic you will always fall short of the truth. The devil is always there has been. Its only because of him that you cant just believe the Word the way it is written. And the Word teaches to purge out your human wisdom.
What greater test could God have than to ask you to believe something exists that doesnt exist. And to do it by faith. Faith in Gods Word that it is all true. Because only then will you see it work as it says it will work.

Rom 4:17-18
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."
(NKJ)

Nanja

No one of himself can believe unto Salvation unless it has been Given of God John 3:27; Phil. 1:29 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So Rom. 4:5 can only apply to one whom God has Justified, been Born of God.

You see, a person's own faith is not his righteousness, neither is it the cause of his righteousness.

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No one of himself can believe unto Salvation unless it has been Given of God John 3:27; Phil. 1:29 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So Rom. 4:5 can only apply to one whom God has Justified, been Born of God.

You see, a person's own faith is not his righteousness, neither is it the cause of his righteousness.

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~

I said
Very good.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just admit that you think that the answer which Paul gave here is in error:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

You are interpreting out of context for your wishful version.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I always wonder about all you sinless perfection or works salvation guys,

You need to read the Bible without preconceived notion of your church or denomination.

No one is saying you have to be perfect to be saved. If you strive to obey Jesus' teachings Jesus will cover all your imperfection part and make you perfect to God.

You attack is so typical and so boring, Ma'am.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you think that Paul was wrong when he said that in order to be saved one must only believe?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Paul did not say "only believe"

It is obvious that Cornelius was saved before he was baptized with water:

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord" (Acts 10:44-48).

Of course they were saved when the Holy Spirit fell on them and they began to speak in tongues. And that was before they were baptized with water!

Cornelius was not saved before the Holy Spirit fell upon him.

As a consequence of Cornelius being saved, Peter commanded them to be baptized.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said

I always wonder about all you sinless perfection or works salvation guys, who spend your lives spamming message boards, telling lies. You're doing that for Jesus? Is this tragic farce of a "Christian" you are, trolling a message board, something Jesus told you He wants? Is this your great works, sitting on your rear, trying to rewrite the gospel and dispute with people all day? By what stretch of the imagination does the Lord have any use for who and what you are? I wouldn't even want you for a neighbor, to be frank. You're as if your own fanatical, little cult religion, religion that is nowhere found in scripture that you insist everybody subscribes to. In the secular world, it's called a narcissistic personality disorder.

you could always mind your own business, or be helpful in some way.

LA