Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith !2

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith !2

And since they by and through their Leader/Surety have been made Righteous, Just, the Righteousness of God is revealed to them from Faith to Faith, which does mean from the Faith of the Head [Christ] to Faith in the Children , His Members those He represented, those He lived and died for, in other words, Christ their Head is the Source of their Faith, as His Members, as He Lived by Faith Heb 2:13, so shall His Members, He produces a Seed of Believers to follow His example.

See in Christ's obedience of One [Rom 5:19], the many were made "doers of the Law "

Let me explain, By His Obedience they shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19 and the greek word for Righteous dikaios and means:

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God;

Its Keeping the Commandments of God

preeminently, of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in heart or life; in this sense Christ alone can be called

And so by this, Christ's perfectly obeying and doing the Will of God, He did it for those He represented, and they are by God viewed as those who are doers of the Law Rom 2:13 that shall be Justified ! The word Justified here and the word righteous in Rom 5:19b are the same greek word, as well is the word Just in Rom 1:17 !

beloved57

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith ! 3

From Faith to Faith, The Just shall live by Faith ! 3

Now this Perfect Obedience to Gods Law is what Christ has done for them He Lived and died for, He produced a Righteousness to Gods Law that He only could do, thats why one of the definitions for Righteous in Rom 5:19 states:

preeminently, of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in heart or life; in this sense Christ alone can be called Righteous

Thats why He is the One and Only Jesus Christ the Righteous 1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And that being Righteous has been charged to them He Lived and died for, and this Righteousness, which is also "the Righteousness of God "

Made by the Obedient Law Keeping for the Many, this Righteousness of God is made known to or revealed to all the Many it was done for by the Gospel Rom 1:17 ! When Christ completed His Work for them, it made them Just/Righteous, and God through the Gospel reveals it to them as their Good News, and such revelation starts , effects their Living by Faith, so making the promise fulfilled, the Just shall live by Faith !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now this Perfect Obedience to Gods Law is what Christ has done for them He Lived and died for, He produced a Righteousness to Gods Law that He only could do, thats why one of the definitions for Righteous in Rom 5:19 states:

preeminently, of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in heart or life; in this sense Christ alone can be called Righteous

Thats why He is the One and Only Jesus Christ the Righteous 1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And that being Righteous has been charged to them He Lived and died for, and this Righteousness, which is also "the Righteousness of God "

Made by the Obedient Law Keeping for the Many, this Righteousness of God is made known to or revealed to all the Many it was done for by the Gospel Rom 1:17 ! When Christ completed His Work for them, it made them Just/Righteous, and God through the Gospel reveals it to them as their Good News, and such revelation starts , effects their Living by Faith, so making the promise fulfilled, the Just shall live by Faith !

He lived and died for all, whoever will accept the sacrifice made by the Lord.

John 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Cedarbay

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If one does not eat and drink of the body and blood of Christ, its because they have no life in them, for life must precede the activities of eating and drinking, those activities presupposes/requires life ! Even from the natural analogy, can we expect a dead person to eat and drink ? No, of course not !

Do you attend church and receive Communion on a regular basis?

Nanja

In light of the truth that a dead man cant believe, scripture says, Jesus Himself says Jn 11:26

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

One must be living to be believing, the believing coexists with the Living, so no life, no believing.

Jn 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If one does not eat and drink of the body and blood of Christ, its because they have no life in them, for life must precede the activities of eating and drinking, those activities presupposes/requires life ! Even from the natural analogy, can we expect a dead person to eat and drink ? No, of course not !

So True!

But once a person has been made Spiritually Alive in New Birth,
they are drawn to eat and drink of the Spirit of Christ Rom. 8:9; 8:15
through the Fruit of Faith, to an indescribable Intimacy with Christ the Living Word;
they are In Him, and He Lives in them John 6:56; Gal. 2:20.

~~~~~

Cedarbay

So True!

through the Fruit of Faith, to an indescribable Intimacy with Christ the Living Word;

~~~~~
Nanja - Would you mind explaining what you mean by eating and drinking the Spirit of Christ.

Nanja

Nanja - Do you subscribe to any of the Reformed confessions?

I have only read excerpts of them over time.

My concentration and study is strictly in the Word of God.
I am Born of the Spirit and He is leading me into all Truth as Promised.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 17:17, 19
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
v.19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

~~~~~

Nanja

Nanja - Would you mind explaining what you mean by eating and drinking the Spirit of Christ.

The Spirit of God's Son, Christ who lives in me.

Gal. 4:4-6
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
v.5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. v.6 And because
ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

~~~~~

beloved57

So True!

through the Fruit of Faith
, to an indescribable Intimacy with Christ the Living Word;

~~~~~

Excellent Point !

Cedarbay

The Spirit of God's Son, Christ who lives in me.

Gal. 4:4-6
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
v.5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. v.6 And because
ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

~~~~~
I seem to recall that you said you don't attend church, so then you eat and drink of the Lord by reading His Word. You are not referring to Communion then, correct?

Cedarbay

I have only read excerpts of them over time.

My concentration and study is strictly in the Word of God.
I am Born of the Spirit and He is leading me into all Truth as Promised.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 17:17, 19
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
v.19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

~~~~~
I find your path to be very interesting. How do you know that the Spirit is leading you into truth? Do you go by gut instinct, a certain hermeneutic, biblical history, favorite authors, etc.?

Nanja

The natural man is unable to understand Spiritual matters, the things of the Spirit;
he is unable to make judgment of them according to the Word of God
because he is void of the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 2:14-15
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

~~~~~

beloved57

The natural man is unable to understand Spiritual matters, the things of the Spirit;
he is unable to make judgment of them according to the Word of God
because he is void of the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 2:14-15
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

~~~~~

Absolutely, this proves that one must be Spiritual to believe the Gospel of God !

beloved57

The Spirits Testimony produces Faith !

The Spirits Testimony produces Faith !

We can believe the Testimony of Christ's Finished work on our behalf, only as it is Testified to us by the Spirit, for Christ tells His Church Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

That word Testify μαρτυρέω means:

: I witness, bear witness, give evidence, testify, give a good report.

He shall give evidence of Christ's Perfect Work and Satisfaction on our behalf Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Whats Christ's is the Church, His Body also, so the Spirit shall shew it unto every member Christ's Body ! The word shew ἀναγγέλλω means:

I bring back word, report; I announce, declare.

This is bearing witness with our Spirit that we are the children of God Rom 8:15-16

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And so we become by the Spirits witness to our Spirit children of God by Faith Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children/sons of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Theres no way naturally we come to Faith in Christ, manifesting our Sonship, its only after the Spirits Testimony in our Heart or Spirit as in Rom 8:16

The word Spirit here means:

is the rational part of man, the power of perceiving and grasping divine and eternal things, and upon which the Spirit of God exerts its influence; (πνεῦμα, says Luther, "is the highest and noblest part of man, which qualifies him to lay bold of incomprehensible, invisible, eternal things; in short, it is the house where Faith and God's word are at home"

Its that New Spirit promised here in the New Covenant Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit and or a spiritual mind will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Spiritual revelation of spiritual truths is fitting only for a renewed spiritual mind !

beloved57

Must be given a New Heart of flesh to Believe !

Must be given a New Heart of flesh to Believe !

Ezk 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

By nature, as was the case with these jews under the old covenant, so it is with the gentile, all men without exception, by nature[in the flesh Rom 8:8] we only have a stony heart !

This doesnt just apply to jews, if we think that we are self deceived and proud, before any of us can or will do the the things the Lord commands of us in a way pleasing and acceptable to Him, that stony heart we have by nature must be taken away, and a new heart must be given, along with a new spirit.

See at best the stony heart can make a superficial receiving of the word of Truth, Like Jesus makes clear here Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The stony places denotes the heart, and as been pointed out already, that heart must be replaced with a new heart before we do the things of God commanded of us !

Why is it called a New Heart of Flesh ? Because its a Heart that is pliable or its easily influenced or persuaded; yielding

Again the heart by nature is called Rom 2:5

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

That word impenitent ametanoétos means:

unrepentant, impenitent.

And of course the word hardness sklérotés: means:

hardness, hardness of heart, obstinacy, perverseness.

Thats what the stony heart is in Ezk 36:26 a heart that is:

perverse, hard heart See also Ezk 11:19,20

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Why do you think those jews on the day of pentecost who were guilty of putting Christ to death, all of the sudden would be willing to submit to ordinance of water baptism in the Name of Christ ? Its because they had been given a new heart of flesh, and now made willing to walk in Gods statues and keep His ordinances as being directed by His Apostles !

So if any of us are to do the spiritual things commanded of us by the Lord, we must first have been given a New Heart !

beloved57

Faith comes out of the New Birth and here is why !

Faith comes out of the New Birth and here is why !

The scripture testimony is very clear that Faith is not of the natural man, at least not that Faith that Pleases God Heb 11:6 which is the Faith needed to come to God in Christ Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

That word cometh is the same word in Heb 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

And in Heb 11:6 this type of coming is with believing , that word believe there is the word pisteuō which is derived from the noun pistis which is translated Faith over 200 times in the NT,

and it is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

Now we know that Faith comes out of the New Birth from 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This Lively Hope comes by being begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. The words begotten again in the original are anagennaō and mean:

I.to produce again, be born again, born anew

II.metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

And by this comes the Lively Hope, and Hope presupposes Faith, Faith in what God or Gods Word has Promised, and Hope lives in expectation of what Faith believes ! Hope is the by product of Faith. For instance we read in Rom 4 of Abraham Rom 4:18-21

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Its as simple as this, If the Testimony of scripture is that a Lively Hope comes by New Birth, So does a Lively or Living Faith !

Yes, the natural man has faith to believe, but its a dead faith, no better off spiritually than the faith of devils James 2:19, but its not a lively or Living faith because by nature man is alientated from God and the Life of God Eph 4:18,

The devils James mentioned also are alienated from the life of God ! Such Faith/Believing does not please God !

beloved57

Faith to believe the Gospel is the fruit of the Spirit !

Faith to believe the Gospel is the fruit of the Spirit !

Faith to believe the Gospel is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

In fact its part of ones Sanctification, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

For the word faith in Gal 5:22 and the word belief in 2 Thess 2:13 they are both the same greek noun pistis, and as it can be seen this belief of the Truth is the fruitful effect of the Sanctification of the Spirit !

See how scripture confirms scripture ? Therefore one is a liar who says that faith to believe the Gospel in Salvation, to say its a natural ability, or that its in man by nature, for here in 2 Thess 2:13 faith in the Gospel Truth is clearly seen to be part of the Sanctification of the Spirit, it also answers to Christ's Intercession here Jn 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

The Sanctifying work of the Spirit is the answer to this request of Christ to His Father ! So this also can be looked upon as the fruit of Christ's Intercession !