Fact: Only Democrats owned slaves in America

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Republicans have not changed from anti-racists into racists even though Democrats love to make that false claim.
Yeah, that's not what I said or an answer to the question I asked, but at least it's a start.

What I've noted, and what is observably and demonstrably true, is that the South, a hotbed of racist resistance to racial equality before the law, began to move from being a bastion of support for the Democratic Party to being the go-to foundation for the Republican Party over Johnson's use of the larger party to push forward with desegregation and the Voting Rights Act.

As this happened the Democratic Party became the party of minority interests, holding onto the dying arm of unions, who were losing their strength in part because of that defection and its reflection in their rank and file.

So today the general rule would be that racists find a more comfortable home in the Republican Party...at least the white variety from the still dominant culture.

History shows that the Democrats are responsible for most (if not all) of the racist legislation in the last 160 years and Republicans were responsible for most of the anti-racist legislation in the same period.
Democrats are the racists
You lose your intellectual thread and credibility with the last and a want of context. The first part is absolutely true. That last sentence is not.

genuineoriginal

The first part is absolutely true. That last sentence is not.

AMERICA'S REAL RACISM? IGNORING THE SENSELESS KILLING OF OUR BLACK, FATHERLESS BOYS

Americans know none of the thousands of innocent young black men and women killed by other black men in our nation’s third largest city—and across America. There’s a reason. A young black male’s life is not worth reporting when it is taken by another black male. That’s the real racism that prevails in America’s newsrooms. The marginalization of black urban life.

And there’s a reason you don’t know the names of all of those black victims: because the media doesn’t much like the narrative. Journalists and activists can’t blame the deaths on assault style weapons like the AR-15. Or the National Rifle Association.

It is handguns that are the weapon of choice in most of these shootings, and Chicago already has some very strict gun control laws.

You don’t know the names because the problems seem so intractable in Chicago. Poor schools, poor employment opportunities, and poor choices led by a poverty of options are just some of the problems.

And last, far too many journalists aren’t interested in getting at a primary cause of much of the senseless gun violence in America: fatherlessness.

That’s right. Fatherlessness.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Rahm Emanuel under increasing fire for linking Chicago violence and morals in minority neighborhoods

As Chicago braces for another bloody weekend, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is once again coming under fire for blaming a lack of morals in predominantly black and Hispanic neighborhoods for the recent spate of violent crime.

Emanuel, who has been mayor since 2011 and is facing growing calls to resign from members of his own party, urged locals to “be a neighbor” and “speak up” to help law enforcement pursue killers, gang members and drug dealers.

After one particularly violent weekend earlier this month when more than 70 people were shot, Emanuel deflected questions about police staffing and strategy. Instead, he ignited a firestorm when he said there needs to be a politically incorrect conversation about character and values.

“This may not be politically correct," he said, "but I know the power of what faith and family can do. … Our kids need that structure. … I am asking … that we also don’t shy away from a full discussion about the importance of family and faith helping to develop and nurture character, self-respect, a value system and a moral compass that allows kids to know good from bad and right from wrong.”

He added: “If we’re going to solve this … we’ve got to have a real discussion. … Parts of the conversation cannot be off-limits because it’s not politically comfortable. … We are going to discuss issues that have been taboo in years past because they are part of the solution. … We also have a responsibility to help nurture character. It plays a role. Our kids need that moral structure in their lives. And we cannot be scared to have this conversation.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/1...nce-and-morals-in-minority-neighborhoods.html

rexlunae

History shows that the Democrats are responsible for most (if not all) of the racist legislation in the last 160 years and Republicans were responsible for most of the anti-racist legislation in the same period.
Democrats are the racists

And what if you just look at the last 10 years? Or the last 40? You want to use that 160 years to make a statement about the present, but there's a reason you have to go back so far and everybody knows what it is, including you.

Arthur Brain

I stumbled upon it while searching the word "Slavery".
Paper trails are a drag aren't they.
Historically, you are a snot in this forum.

At least you didn't deny it.
Eh, your opinion of what I am presently or in the past on this forum is worth squat to me. Your "history" on here as Red Wave has comprised of so much similar rubbish that I've seen time and again.

Rightists minimalize republican racism because rightists do not like the truth.

As usual you lie. All you do is lie.

It is YOUR side teaching kids race hate in schools, and having race based organizations like BLM, and spreads race hate on fake news networks.

You lie. All you do is lie.

All of the Confederacy sympathizers I know of today are Republicans.

So there.

Except you don't actually know any; you are making up another lie.
You are just pulling a Jussie Smollet

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Yeah, that's not what I said or an answer to the question I asked, but at least it's a start.

What I've noted, and what is observably and demonstrably true, is that the South, a hotbed of racist resistance to racial equality before the law, began to move from being a bastion of support for the Democratic Party to being the go-to foundation for the Republican Party over Johnson's use of the larger party to push forward with desegregation and the Voting Rights Act.

As this happened the Democratic Party became the party of minority interests, holding onto the dying arm of unions, who were losing their strength in part because of that defection and its reflection in their rank and file.

So today the general rule would be that racists find a more comfortable home in the Republican Party...at least the white variety from the still dominant culture.

You lose your intellectual thread and credibility with the last and a want of context. The first part is absolutely true. That last sentence is not.
To highlight a sensible post on this thread after it was bumped...

All of the Confederacy sympathizers I know of today are Republicans.
So there.
Except you don't actually know any; you are making up another lie.
You are just pulling a Jussie Smollet
David Duke, the "Unite the Right" crowd

You know them eh? You are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

You really make me sick to my stomach man. You are the worst that humanity has to offer. The mods should bounce your rear out of here in a hot second. All you do is lie, totally lie.

marke

Rightists minimalize republican racism because rightists do not like the truth.
Magoo Garland is out searching for white terrorism crimes. Have you seen any lately? He seems to be coming up empty-handed. Maybe if he stopped being so racist against whites he might be able to see and understand the reality of the much darker side of the terror problem in America.