Ever Humbled Yourself

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Have You Ever Humbled Yourself?

John 8:32-38
32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
33 They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can you say, 'You will be made free'?"
34 Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.
35 "And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.
36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.
38 "I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father."
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Rom 3:9-11
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God.
Luke 18:10-14
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
James 4:13-16
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."
16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
James 5:1-6
1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you!
2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten.
3 Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days.
4 Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.
5 You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned, you have murdered the just; he does not resist you.
1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:25-29
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.

XXX Most people have never humbled themselves to the truth in the Word. Most try to humble others ignoring their own evils.

Truster

The process is ongoing and often emotionally painful.

The man who says he is humble is displaying pride.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The process is ongoing and often emotionally painful.

The man who says he is humble is displaying pride.

I said
lol Do you really believe that? Or are you making a joke?
Your saying that if someone says their honest their really a crook. Or if someone in court says they will tell the truth, that means their lying.

Truster

I said
lol Do you really believe that? Or are you making a joke?
Your saying that if someone says their honest their really a crook. Or if someone in court says they will tell the truth, that means their lying.

I didn't say any of the things that you accuse me of.

I repeat. If a man declares that he is humble then that man is boasting and that is pride.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say any of the things that you accuse me of.

I repeat. If a man declares that he is humble then that man is boasting and that is pride.

I said
That is ridiculous. How can a Christian be an example if they don't know what humble means? Does that mean that everyone who says their proud is really humble? That is ridiculous.

Truster

I said
That is ridiculous. How can a Christian be an example if they don't know what humble means? Does that mean that everyone who says their proud is really humble? That is ridiculous.

Humility is worked in the regenerate by providential means. Boast to your hearts content as it only proves that you have no experience of the work of the Holy Spirit in salvation.

You cut, you paste and you pay lip-service and that is all you do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Humility is worked in the regenerate by providential means. Boast to your hearts content as it only proves that you have no experience of the work of the Holy Spirit in salvation.

You cut, you paste and you pay lip-service and that is all you do.

I said
lol What you call cut and paste is the Work of the Holy Spirit. It is the way He teaches. With the Word of God. It appears from your reaction and your human wisdom you haven't experienced that yet. What I am doing is demonstrating the Spirit. Your not.

[1Co 2:1-5
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Truster

I said
lol What you call cut and paste is the Work of the Holy Spirit. It is the way He teaches. With the Word of God. It appears from your reaction and your human wisdom you haven't experienced that yet. What I am doing is demonstrating the Spirit. Your not.

[1Co 2:1-5
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

You are irreverent and opposed to holiness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are irreverent and opposed to holiness.

I said
Irreverent to who, you? And holiness only comes through the Word of God, not your own opinion. You seem to place to high of a value on your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
(NKJ)

Truster

I said
Irreverent to who, you? And holiness only comes through the Word of God, not your own opinion. You seem to place to high of a value on your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
(NKJ)

You do not revere the truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You do not revere the truth.

I said
That is your problem, you think there is a truth in your carnality, there isn't. There is no truth that overrides the quoted Word.

John 17:16-19
16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

Truster

I said
That is your problem, you think there is a truth in your carnality, there isn't. There is no truth that overrides the quoted Word.

John 17:16-19
16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

Anyone can read the Bible. Even Satan quoted scripture.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Anyone can read the Bible. Even Satan quoted scripture.

I said
Anyone can read the bible. And God can blind anyone who does read the bible. So they cant see. And satan quoted old testament scripture, NOT new testament scripture. If satan would quote new testament he would glorify Christ and his kingdom would be divided. Satan wants everyone under the old testament law.

Matt 12:25-28
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)