ECT Evangelism Methods - How do YOU share the gospel?

Cross Reference

Before communication the Gospel to someone one needs to establish a relationship with that person. I've shared the Gospel with many people just in the normal course of a friendship.

Is that the way Jesus did it? His disciples? Also, is not what your life in Christ should express?

The Berean

Is that the way Jesus did it? His disciples?

Was Jesus and His disciples not accused of being "a friend of sinners"? Jesus spent time with people.

Also, is not what your life in Christ should express?

I've been told my non Christians that I am "different". I have one friend who told me that I am "talk the talk and walk the walk". He meant that I lived what I believed in (Jesus Christ). He said the only other man he knew like that was an uncle of his who is a pastor. My friend even asked me to pray for his mother who was very ill at that time.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe that is what I was alluding to however, can it be called anything else if we are in Christ?
Is an evangelist a person who equips fellow believers? Ephesians 4 shows that an evangelist is for the equipping of the saints for works of service, the building up of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13 NASB - 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Before communication the Gospel to someone one needs to establish a relationship with that person. I've shared the Gospel with many people just in the normal course of a friendship.
Communicating the gospel to someone does not require that you knew them previously. It does require that you love them and remain separate from the things of the world.

brinny

You know about God's love, I believe... and you endeavor to or want to share it. That is good.

it astounds me that He can forgive me like He has. I am eternally thankful that He has forgiven me and demonstrated such inexplicable grace.

If He can forgive me, He can forgive anyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
it astounds me that He can forgive me like He has. I am eternally thankful that He has forgiven me and demonstrated such inexplicable grace.

If He can forgive me, He can forgive anyone.
Amen. I believe this statement can be true of any of us.

The Berean

Communicating the gospel to someone does not require that you knew them previously.

No, not a requirement per se. But it's been my experience that fostering a relationship with people creates many opportunities to share the Gospel. Also by have relationship they can see hoe you live your life. Can one share the Gospel with a complete stranger. Of course they can.

It does require that you love them and remain separate from the things of the world.
If they don't know you how would they know that you love them and remain separate from the things of the world. But I do see your point. I remember years ago at my job I had met a coworker who liked to challenge me on my faith and knowledge of the Word. I didn't know him that well at all. But he would look for me on the manufacturing floor and ask me questions. He would ask me a challenging question he would then say "Good answer! Most Christians couldn't answer that question?" I took his challenge in a fun way. It turns out that he was a pastor's kid. I asked him about his father one time and he got really quiet. I had the strong feeling that he had a strained relationship with his father. We actually discussed the Gospel at length a few times and I prayed for him as well. I hope he eventually reconciled with his father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, not a requirement per se. But it's been my experience that fostering a relationship with people creates many opportunities to share the Gospel. Also by have relationship they can see hoe you live your life. Can one share the Gospel with a complete stranger. Of course they can.

If they don't know you how would they know that you love them and remain separate from the things of the world. But I do see your point. I remember years ago at my job I had met a coworker who liked to challenge me on my faith and knowledge of the Word. I didn't know him that well at all. But he would look for me on the manufacturing floor and ask me questions. He would ask me a challenging question he would then say "Good answer! Most Christians couldn't answer that question?" I took his challenge in a fun way. It turns out that he was a pastor's kid. I asked him about his father one time and he got really quiet. I had the strong feeling that he had a strained relationship with his father. We actually discussed the Gospel at length a few times and I prayed for him as well. I hope he eventually reconciled with his father.
By remain separate I mean if they are a friend and not a Christian to love them but that you should not follow after them in the things they are doing.

Sancocho

My prime objective is through communication showing God's love and giving Him the credit for it. In the beginning I don't address sin in a personal manner but later in a general way as Jesus generally did.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My prime objective is through communication showing God's love and giving Him the credit for it. In the beginning I don't address sin in a personal manner but later in a general way as Jesus generally did.

Shalom. Jesus understood exactly what to do and when. May we come to understand how to address or approach others the way that He did. Shalom. Jacob