Eucharist idol exposed by Celiac Disease

clefty

If you understood the meaning of 'transubstantiation' you would know that the physical effects of eating bread, whether it is consecrated or not, are exactly the same.
exactly the same more because nothing actually happens, less its just the accidents remain.

The substance is actually not transed or changed and thus our biology, not the senses, responds to it being bread and not flesh or blood. Were it actually flesh which merely looked like bread our biology would ingest it as flesh and not care what are senses perceived it as...

The fact that that some of the human race have the disability of coeliac disease does not call into question the fact that God created wheat.
so true...and the fact that some people are born with a club foot does not call into question the fact that God created the ground. The fact that the church added her own laws to a remembrance ceremony has initiates doing something that is actually bad for them...as if He would want us to do that

In any case Catholics do not have to "do without" the real presence because He is fully present in the consecrated wine.
ah yes the wine...fruit of the vine or cup...was it really alcholic? Or fresh grape juice...for years the wine wasn't even dispensed but the bread alone...also odd

Odd too He has us do something He Himself will not do til later...will that drink turn to blood as well?

It is not the dead Jesus that is received in Catholic Holy Communion, it is the living Jesus.
even more creepy...cannibals at least wait for the body to die...understandable some turned as they could not pounce on Him and begin eating

"I am the LIVING bread that has come down from heaven"....".He that eats ME the same also will live by me"(John 6:51) and (John 6:57)
so by "live" which life is He speaking of? one must be alive in order to eat yes? So perhaps maybe just maybe He meant spiritually...hint He does say "live forever"

He is actually not a literal loaf of bread come down from heaven and people have to already be alive in order to eat it yes? Maybe just maybe He is making some metaphor about physical and spiritual bread and life...I mean those that "eat Him" still die yes? So maybe just maybe He was speaking of a spiritual life not the physical life eating daily bread given...

He did give of His flesh...not to be eaten...but to die for the life of the world...

He lives because of His Father...interesting...(trinitarians take note)...so it is by the Spirit yes? Or does He have to eat bread or some other symbol of His Father in order to live as well?

jsanford108

Before we can be productive in any capacity, we must agree on basic principles. In a theological discussion such as ours, the first thing that we must agree on is God.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108: "How can we even have a productive discussion on a passage of Scripture when I demonstrate my agreement, and you just refute it? This is a key issue in debates. When opponents believe that they know more about the beliefs of both sides than the parties present. If I say that I believe something or agree with some point, then how can you refute it, as you do not know outside of what I confess to believe?"
because verse 63 is our dispute...you claim flesh means seeing things from a eyes of the flesh unable to see the actual miracle...I claim flesh means by actually eating Him especially at this point in the narrative where He did not offer His body even as bread but just claimed it was food and they were oblivious to the understanding He was actually going to die and on Passover as our substitute...all this at this context at this time in John 6 was not Him advocating at that moment they walk up and gnaw on His flesh...that would profit nothing...it is NOT even about not seeing things spiritual of the flesh

You have missed my point. I know that we are going to disagree on interpretation. Obviously. But if I say say "I believe X," and you say "You believe Y," you are simply wrong. I would definitely know more about what I believe than you. So, if I say "I believe X," it must be accepted as fact, since I am the only source of knowledge on my personal beliefs.
Furthermore, if I present information, such as "Catholics believe X," it is illogical for you, a protestant, to refute it, as it is a simple fact. Anything taught or believed by Catholics, unlike any other denomination, is easily found in a single book, the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC). If there is any one who says, "well that is not really what they believe," they are preferring ignorance to truth. Now, I am no authority on the Catholic Church, but my knowledge, as a Catholic, of what is actually taught and believed is most likely more concise than that of a protestant. And my knowledge of my personal beliefs are superior to that of anyone else. So, you can't refute my belief by saying "that is not what you believe."

Now, for the passage from John 6. You are being intellectually dishonest when you imply that a literal interpretation of flesh would lead to Christ "advocating at that moment they walk up and gnaw on His flesh." The reason I classify this as "intellectually dishonest," is because you do not apply the same scenarios to figurative examples, nor to examples of passages that you do take literally. For example, when Christ tells the rich man to go and sell all that he has, surely you don't think Christ means go sell everything, even your clothing, rendering the man nude. That would be "everything." You don't believe when Christ says "tear this temple down and in three days I will raise it" means that at that very moment Christ was calling them to kill Him on the spot. But that is the implication you add into John 6:48-58, if Christ meant a literal consumption. Hence, the applied term of intellectual dishonesty. You are only using immediate literal actions to apply to situational interpretations that you oppose, in order to "expose" the error of such interpretation.

You didnt say it HE did...He said whoever eats this bread that comes down will live forever...but if its true they ate His flesh and still died...obviously He wasn't literal about eating literal bread and living forever...or eating His flesh called bread and living forever...it was all symbolic they died eating His flesh because He was being symbolic...they died just as those eating the other bread from heaven that is manna did...
Once again, you are using the fallacy of Equivocation. You know, as do I, that when Christ says "live forever" in the passage of John 6, He means "eternal life in heaven." We are not in dispute on that. But you insist that I must utilize meanings and implications of immortality. Yet, you do not use this in other passages when Christ speaks of "living forever." You are falsely applying ideas to my position.

Also, if Christ was being solely symbolic, then, using your own logic that you utilize against me, then no one will ever live forever, even eternally. Because, "He was being symbolic." You could argue, but using your logic, I just retort, "no, He was being symbolic."

That video is unique as the belief the prohibition to ingest human flesh and drink blood was lifted...it is usually avoided.
Yet time and again, I have said that the "Catholic" in the video is wrong. Yet you insist that he is correct. This goes back to my first point in this post; you cannot argue against fact. The fact is, that the "Catholic" in that video was wrong. I am declaring, "He is wrong. That is not what Catholics believe; there is no evidence to support his arguments." These are all facts. Yet you keep insisting that he is accurate to the beliefs of Catholicism. This is preferring ignorance to truth.

Again put it back into the context those that followed Him did not see Him as a passover lamb or that He was going to be killed on passover...so they were having to consider eating Him while living flesh...or somehow kill Him first...He was not offering they eat Him then and there...
So, the Apostles didn't consider Christ to be the Lamb of God? (Christ is specifically called "Lamb of God" in the John's Gospel)

I am saying He is clarifying that the act of eating His flesh is useless to salvation/eternal life as He must be sacrificed as a type of the passover lamb not just randomly eaten...they idea those that left Him with was that eating Him would bring eternal life...that means in that context flesh is useless...it is the Spirit the words He speaks which Peter affirms...NOT saying "you have the flesh" as it was "you have the Words"
So, was Christ "The Word made flesh?" If so, my position stands.

it is not bringing judgement on the groom if he shows up late, or not dressed, or drunk or with another woman? Paul includes the iconic "this do as often as you drink it" so of course the church had to limit it to one sip per day...that is to say as often as you drink could be everyday or any time you drink the fruit of the cup we are to remember...not just on Sunday mornings
You are shying away from the question. Why does Paul give such gravity to eating and drinking unworthily? Mere Symbolism does not bear grave consequences.

(I have come to believe the frequency of THIS REMEMBRANCE was once a year as it was the night before Passover when this bread and wine where symbolically used to remember Him His sacrifice not to ingest Him as comfort food)
I have no argument against this that is of any substance. When I was a protestant, I thought the same way; so I understand your logic there.

Likely? Hardly... John is the spiritual gospel and thus this mystery of the change of substance from literal bread to actual flesh should be front and center...just as the word became flesh...
So, "word" can be "flesh." Interesting.

well sadly jews and catholics are similar as they do rely on icons relics and other idolatries falsifying true worship making of it something it is not...
This is a whole different topic. But a common misapplication is the idolatry claims against Catholics.

right...so don't be so quick to dismiss the brave video crusader who claims human flesh and blood are cleared to consume...you believe He said it so its good
Is my claim Christ commanded us to "Eat His Flesh," or "eat all flesh?" See the false equivalence you are implying?

ummm yes of course...the Spirit provides eternal life indeed...not bread or eating His body...
Where are we provided the limits of the Holy Spirit? I never saw a list or set of circumstances in Scripture.

He said "He who comes to me will never hunger" that is understood as to hunger for spiritual food yes or do you think now He is literal as well...
You are using Equivocation again.

you said you thought the men who left at the saying were dead...clarifying sprititually...but they were not literally dead despite not having literally pounced on Him and feeding on His flesh
Right. We are in agreement here.

He said Himself He does and that is not the point. The point is you insist He wishes we eat human flesh and drink His human blood. And since He wills it it then becomes good.
Nope. I insist that He wants us to eat "His Flesh." And yes, if Christ wills it, it is good.

so don't balk at hearing you are cannibals or come up with weak excuses like He made human flesh clean meat food.
So I shouldn't balk at falsehoods? This is becoming more liberal by the second.

is why I still protest man made traditions...in eating bread and drinking the fruit of the wine I remember His sacrifice His literal blood shedding was enough...in Him I am entirely spared the curse of the law...no need of indulgences reprieve from yet another man made construct...hell...yet another misapplication of what is symbol and literal...not ironic
Where are your proofs for "entirely spared the curse of the law," "man made constructs," etc.?

church teaching is clear each piece is the whole body of christ everything that makes christ christ is now substance which appears as bread.
Can you provide these teachings? The CCC says "wholly Christ," not "whole Christ," in terms of physical manifestation.

He didnt murder, He let His Son be murdered is most appropriate and considered a sacrifice.
If God did not murder (being the term applied to sin), then Christ did not command us to cannibalize (being the term applied to sin). You are not distributing connotations evenly.

this is not a normal remembrance... it is an act of participation by the fact that it continues...
It was not a "normal" event.

I don know and know that the act is over done complete...we have moved on...hence I remember and do not assist in the MASSacre
Using your logic, then the redemptive aspects are ened, which would mean than no one today is redeemed.

I have read you are not to eat from sat night midnight until receiving the host and not to eat for at least an hour...
Those readings are false. The appropriate time is fasting for an hour before Communion. That is all. You can eat afterwards. Every Sunday is a day of feasting, post Mass.

no probably no neon lights up there...as He is the Light...literally...but down here with us it was symbolic and they still needed torches to locate Him in the garden
But, how can Christ interchange symbolism with literal? By your logic with John 6, Christ never did that. So, by your logic, Christ is literal light, or figurative light, solely. No interchanging.

sure He can but I am claiming He does not...relying on the Spirit to be present not Him actually in the flesh...
So, Christ and the Spirit are not One? If you do not believe in the Trinity, then that is another principle that hinders productive discussion.

...your miracles BTW are incomplete as they only transformed into peices of flesh not the whole body and divinity of Christ...
You are preferring ignorance again. I have stated that it is "wholly" in substance, not physical manifestation.

no I am taking the position of Peter who stated it was the words teachings and Spirit of Him...Peter did not say it was the eating His flesh...
Why then do disciples of Peter and other Apostles say the opposite? Why would they let such idolatry and falsehoods go viral? Seems counter intuitive. Especially when these disciples state that Peter and the Apostles taught this, as well. (These are historical facts, evidenced in annals of history)

Of course He can raise from the dead...just like He could change bread into flesh...that is not the issue...the issue is that you claim the dead is raised and well the carcass just continues to lie there..."no no you only see it as laying there...it really is alive" or as in this case yours claim the bread is flesh and it still causes allergic reaction because it is not flesh but remains bread...maybe He didnt make the miracle complete enough...or at all
So you don't think the dead were raised? Because, I believe that if it is stated, then it must be true. The dead were raised after the Resurrection. It says that in Scripture, by the way. Nowhere have I claimed the dead just lie there. You must be referring to when I applied your "consistency logic" from John 6, to raising the dead.

the bread bleeding so the flesh retains the blood...still waiting...biology and chemistry don't care about appearances or that it looks like bread...
At this point, you are ignoring the biological evidence that I put forth. You are not simply denying; preferring the ignorance to evidence provided. You are refusing to concede on logic, so that your position and doctrine "hold true," despite being proven otherwise.

come let us reason...I still dont think this pomp and ceremony of mystery by the duly initiated is what it pertains to be...
You are refusing to accept reason.

sadly not available to one suffering cileac disease...
You have been given information that disproves this point/claim. Yet, you insist on clinging to this claim, contrary to evidence provided. Refusing to accept logical analysis, biological evidence, Scriptural evidence, etc. is, as stated before, preferring ignorance. You are refusing to accept even proven evidence of circumstances (Eucharistic Miracles). You refuse to see what is observable; turning away from truth with feverish dedication.

clefty

Before we can be productive in any capacity, we must agree on basic principles. In a theological discussion such as ours, the first thing that we must agree on is God.

Ok...good

you say He had a Son Who taught eating His human flesh and drinking blood was good and that He taught people to do so...and at that time john 6 without the teaching aids of the elements bread and wine...He was just out in the street talking "about eat My flesh"

to those who had a hard time even seeing Him killed much less a sacrifice

much less overturning His Father's law against eating human flesh and drinking blood...

I maintain God had a Son Who taught the words He spoke/the Spirit in Him were life indeed as He was the antitype of manna. He clarified His teaching that it was not eaten His flesh that profited...but His teaching...the Spirit...it was always "mercy rather than sacrifice"...sacrifices were merely symbolic...

Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108: "How can we even have a productive discussion on a passage of Scripture when I demonstrate my agreement, and you just refute it? This is a key issue in debates. When opponents believe that they know more about the beliefs of both sides than the parties present. If I say that I believe something or agree with some point, then how can you refute it, as you do not know outside of what I confess to believe?"

You have missed my point. I know that we are going to disagree on interpretation. Obviously. But if I say say "I believe X," and you say "You believe Y," you are simply wrong. I would definitely know more about what I believe than you. So, if I say "I believe X," it must be accepted as fact, since I am the only source of knowledge on my personal beliefs.
Furthermore, if I present information, such as "Catholics believe X," it is illogical for you, a protestant, to refute it, as it is a simple fact. Anything taught or believed by Catholics, unlike any other denomination, is easily found in a single book, the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC). If there is any one who says, "well that is not really what they believe," they are preferring ignorance to truth. Now, I am no authority on the Catholic Church, but my knowledge, as a Catholic, of what is actually taught and believed is most likely more concise than that of a protestant. And my knowledge of my personal beliefs are superior to that of anyone else. So, you can't refute my belief by saying "that is not what you believe."
feel better?

Now, for the passage from John 6. You are being intellectually dishonest when you imply that a literal interpretation of flesh would lead to Christ "advocating at that moment they walk up and gnaw on His flesh." The reason I classify this as "intellectually dishonest," is because you do not apply the same scenarios to figurative examples, nor to examples of passages that you do take literally.
ummm wut? When He says "I am the door" you are right...I dont look for a door bell or knocker because it is understood it is not literal.

He did not specify when they were to eat His body so if you take it literally that would be a key element or else "gnaw on Him" immediately.

He didnt even clarify He had to die first. So if He was not being symbolic but literal His death (when why how) was a factor. Or were they to eat Him while He was yet living...

For example, when Christ tells the rich man to go and sell all that he has, surely you don't think Christ means go sell everything, even your clothing, rendering the man nude. That would be "everything"
is exactly why the rich man walked away...and thus a teaching of how hard it was for a rich man to enter

You don't believe when Christ says "tear this temple down and in three days I will raise it" means that at that very moment Christ was calling them to kill Him on the spot.
right...nobody did...they thought He was talking about the actual temple...in fact John clarifies it that after His death the disciples got it that He was talking about His Body...some teachings take awhile to understand...but not as long as transubstantiation with its Aristotelian accidents and substances rites and procedures and et al...(it's still developing)

But that is the implication you add into John 6:48-58, if Christ meant a literal consumption. Hence, the applied term of intellectual dishonesty. You are only using immediate literal actions to apply to situational interpretations that you oppose, in order to "expose" the error of such interpretation.
oh boy...again...

the people thought He spoke of the Temple...He did not clarify it was His body...so being literal was not corrected...later it was understood

but when the people thought it was His literal body He spoke of, as in "gnaw My flesh", He gave no specifications such as "through the elements of substance changing bread and wine as I die at Passover"...so it is remains a hard saying...and/but yes later He actually does clarify that eating His flesh would profit nothing...

Once again, you are using the fallacy of Equivocation. You know, as do I, that when Christ says "live forever" in the passage of John 6, He means "eternal life in heaven." We are not in dispute on that. But you insist that I must utilize meanings and implications of immortality. Yet, you do not use this in other passages when Christ speaks of "living forever." You are falsely applying ideas to my position.
no because the disciples ate His body according to you and yet still died...thus He lied in His teaching that eat this bread you will live forever...

He did not lie if it is understood as a spiritual lesson...a symbol of belief in Him...not eating Him

Also, if Christ was being solely symbolic, then, using your own logic that you utilize against me, then no one will ever live forever, even eternally. Because, "He was being symbolic." You could argue, but using your logic, I just retort, "no, He was being symbolic."
wut? It remains believe in Him...not actually eating Him as that in this spiritual context profits nothing.

Yet time and again, I have said that the "Catholic" in the video is wrong. Yet you insist that he is correct. This goes back to my first point in this post; you cannot argue against fact. The fact is, that the "Catholic" in that video was wrong. I am declaring, "He is wrong. That is not what Catholics believe; there is no evidence to support his arguments." These are all facts. Yet you keep insisting that he is accurate to the beliefs of Catholicism. This is preferring ignorance to truth.
Then it has NOT been cleared to eat human flesh and drink blood...

So, the Apostles didn't consider Christ to be the Lamb of God? (Christ is specifically called "Lamb of God" in the John's Gospel)
good grief...of course they did...but they dont expect to have to sheer His wool...and be mindful the Passover lamb was not a sin offering...critical issue at this point

So, was Christ "The Word made flesh?" If so, my position stands.
indeed the word became flesh...human flesh and blood...thus your position stands but is not cleared as consumption of human flesh and blood remains prohibited

You are shying away from the question. Why does Paul give such gravity to eating and drinking unworthily? Mere Symbolism does not bear grave consequences.
sure it does...statues are still being knocked down...(imagine if they were the idols of white virgin Marys)...

you dont burn money do you?

I have no argument against this that is of any substance. When I was a protestant, I thought the same way; so I understand your logic there.
but as a catholic logic fails as it is turned to flesh only on Sundays (or prescribed times) and not whenever you eat or drink of it...and only through a certain sequence with proper tools and valid prayers and good standing priest...and so it goes...and still toxic to one with celiac disease as the body does not digest it as Him but bread

So, "word" can be "flesh." Interesting.
sure...and to be sacrificed once not in continuity...and certainly not to be eaten

This is a whole different topic. But a common misapplication is the idolatry claims against Catholics.
false worship is idolatry...is all

Is my claim Christ commanded us to "Eat His Flesh," or "eat all flesh?" See the false equivalence you are implying?
His flesh was human as was His blood...He said it was good food...didnt give a time frame when it was to be served...

Paul warned the Galatians not to be destroyed by each other with all the biting and devouring...perhaps he too didnt mean it symbolically...

Where are we provided the limits of the Holy Spirit? I never saw a list or set of circumstances in Scripture.
Holy Spirit would not do something outside of the Father's will...entering bread to turn into human flesh to be eaten as flesh and blood is not in line with that...now your church does have a very prescribed list of when how who performs etc...

You are using Equivocation again.
not at all...the people followed Him because He made food they could eat...He even knew that

But His saying that by "eating the bread He gives one will never hunger again" is a spiritual lesson not literal...or else the baker's would have crucified Him...

Right. We are in agreement here.
because you clarified the spiritual aspect

Nope. I insist that He wants us to eat "His Flesh." And yes, if Christ wills it, it is good.
His flesh was human as was His blood...so Paul was literal with his caution to the Galatians to not actually destroy each other as they bit and devoured?

So I shouldn't balk at falsehoods? This is becoming more liberal by the second.
hey consuming human flesh and devouring blood is Saturnalian not just liberal...sadly just one aspect of Sun god worship

Where are your proofs for "entirely spared the curse of the law," "man made constructs," etc.?

Gal. 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law"

Eccl. 9:5 "...dead know nothing..."

Can you provide these teachings? The CCC says "wholly Christ," not "whole Christ," in terms of physical manifestation.

"Christ whole and entire is under the species of bread, and under any part whatsoever of that species; like the whole (Christ) is under the species of wine, and under the parts thereof." Council of Trent, session XIII, chapter III

So apparently if you get both species you get two Christs...double down I guess...unless your host crumbles then every crumb contains yet another whole Christ...and so it goes...

If God did not murder (being the term applied to sin), then Christ did not command us to cannibalize (being the term applied to sin). You are not distributing connotations evenly.
He allowed the murder of His Son...a sin...His Son forgave even them...no record on forgiveness for eating His human flesh...

It was not a "normal" event.
as far as remembrances go it is normal...eat bread drink fruit of the cup the night before passover is a normal remembrance...remember John actually leaves out the institution of the Eucharist its magically bread to flesh...ironic as he supposedly records its teaching

Using your logic, then the redemptive aspects are ened, which would mean than no one today is redeemed.
wut? So because the Red Sea was crossed any believing they are a jew must recross that sea...and on dry land? What was done redeems those that believe it was done finished completely...thus we believe in things not seen...that is faith...there is no need to be present...to cross the sea again

Those readings are false.
read it myself...lots of complaints about the loosening up of the traditions

The appropriate time is fasting for an hour before Communion. That is all.
again I have read otherwise from those in authority...

You can eat afterwards.
not immediately...would be a disrespect "the Christ within" the stomach to follow up with a cheeseburger at the pew...and not because its not kosher

Sunday is a day of feasting, post Mass.
on Ham no less...not ironic

But, how can Christ interchange symbolism with literal? By your logic with John 6, Christ never did that. So, by your logic, Christ is literal light, or figurative light, solely. No interchanging.
wow...because He did not teach to pounce "gnaw" on His flesh then and there in John 6 or ever...does not mean He could not have interchanged figurative with literal...or never provided His actual flesh...He could have but would not as again that is against His Father's will...and unprofitable

So, Christ and the Spirit are not One? If you do not believe in the Trinity, then that is another principle that hinders productive discussion.
The Spirit is present as we believe in the teachings of the Son the Father sent. It is this Spirit that is life the consuming of flesh profits nothing.

You are preferring ignorance again. I have stated that it is "wholly" in substance, not physical manifestation.
the teaching is the whole body...not just heart tissue...or finger

Why then do disciples of Peter and other Apostles say the opposite? Why would they let such idolatry and falsehoods go viral? Seems counter intuitive. Especially when these disciples state that Peter and the Apostles taught this, as well. (These are historical facts, evidenced in annals of history)

Peter doesnt say the opposite...Peter says it is the words He has which are eternal life not the flesh...Peter remains kosher...not eating of the unclean...human flesh is certainly not food...yes?

As for going viral...Satan has found many useful tools to create false worship...the peer pressure you call Sacred Tradition is exactly what Peter and Paul warned the flock of...false teachers wolves in sheep clothes

So you don't think the dead were raised? Because, I believe that if it is stated, then it must be true. The dead were raised after the Resurrection. It says that in Scripture, by the way. Nowhere have I claimed the dead just lie there. You must be referring to when I applied your "consistency logic" from John 6, to raising the dead.
of course they were raised...not just their accidents but substance too...in other words miracles are complete...not appearing as bread but really flesh to by digested yet still allergic to one with celiac disease...

Why still hide flesh as bread...be complete...

The dead raised were completely raised not just their accidents...

Yet this miracle bread into flesh is digested as bread not flesh...our systems can digest both but the celiac sufferer is only allergic to one...bread...but which you claim is flesh

At this point, you are ignoring the biological evidence that I put forth. You are not simply denying; preferring the ignorance to evidence provided. You are refusing to concede on logic, so that your position and doctrine "hold true," despite being proven otherwise.

Be a good teacher then and repeat your lesson...dumb it down for me...

You provided examples of bread which bleeds...miracle...ok then if it were complete that bleeding bread would not cause allergic reaction as it is now no longer bread...but flesh...no gluten...

However those who receive of the host suffering celiac disease still have allergic responses which now means they are to forgo the very thing which was to provide comfort...

You are refusing to accept reason.
it is more reasonable to me that He was symbolic not advocating canabalism which would be against His Father's will...

He is also the Light of the world but for now we still need electricity...

You have been given information that disproves this point/claim. Yet, you insist on clinging to this claim, contrary to evidence provided. Refusing to accept logical analysis, biological evidence, Scriptural evidence, etc. is, as stated before, preferring ignorance. You are refusing to accept even proven evidence of circumstances (Eucharistic Miracles). You refuse to see what is observable; turning away from truth with feverish dedication.

I dont need to see what is observable obviously I need to understand why the bread now allegedly flesh is still creating allergic responses to those with celiac disease...I care not what it appears like...could appear as bread fruit a book or city bus but the biology of digestion still maintains it has gluten...and to one suffering celiac disease that is not a good thing...hence not a good miracle...as it was not to be bread fruit a book or city bus but the flesh...gluten is from bread

Last edited:

Patrick Cronin

How can you say that the eternal life promised by Christ to those who eat His flesh, does not mean the same thing as being immortal? 'Eternal' necessarily means that it will not end. It follows then that a person receiving the living Christ in the Eucharist will actually live for ever. Like Christ Himself "death will have no more power over him".

Last edited:

clefty

How can you say that the eternal life promised by Christ to those who eat His flesh, does not mean the same thing as being immortal? 'Eternal' necessarily means that it will not end. It follows then that a person receiving the living Christ in the Eucharist will actually live for ever. Like Christ Himself "death will have no more power over him".

All who ate of the bread died...obviously He was speaking of spiritual matters symbolized by the bread

clefty

well your God has a Son that counters His Law not to eat human flesh or blood...my God had a Son who did not counter His Father's will or prohibitions, nor did He offer up His body to be eaten literally in John 6 as was mistakenly thought by some who left Him...He clarified it was the Spirit that brought life...

Even later John leaves out the actual offering of the bread and fruit of the cup...apparently not significant enough for him to retell...its mysterious miracle

But footwashing yes...John included that

Patrick Cronin

Of course everyone dies in this earthly life, the point is that Jesus is promising escape from death for those who in faith receive the new bread of Life (Himself), They will rise again at the last day just as He escaped from death by His resurrection. "I will raise him up on the last day".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of course everyone dies in this earthly life, the point is that Jesus is promising escape from death for those who in faith receive the new bread of Life (Himself), They will rise again at the last day just as He escaped from death by His resurrection. "I will raise him up on the last day".
EE?

clefty

Of course everyone dies in this earthly life,
exactly...He was discussing things of the spiritual realm not eat this bread literally which is My Body actually but using it all as a type/symbol of how to reach eternal life literally through spiritual means actually...

the point is that Jesus is promising escape from death
yes again...not the physical temporal realm...but the second death the eternal hell of separation from Yah

for those who in faith receive the new bread of Life (Himself),
yes and by receive He meant believe in Him and obey not gnaw on His flesh

They will rise again at the last day just as He escaped from death by His resurrection. "I will raise him up on the last day".
it remains the power of Spirit not the flesh temporal magic bread

Patrick Cronin

No one has ever thought that Jesus promised that His followers would not suffer physical death. In the same chapter about the eucharist, Jesus says repeatedly "I will raise him up ON THE LAST DAY".(John 6:40)(meaning that we would all die first.)
Many people refused to believe Jesus when He said "I am the living bread that has come down from heaven.....This bread is my flesh which I will give for the life of the world"(John 6:51) They complained "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"(John6:52). The answer Jesus gave is crystal clear, in fact he repeats the same thing FIVE times, each time in a slightly different way to prove there is no mistake:": I tell you the truth, UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in you"(John 6:53). You can read the subsequent verses (John 6:54-58)to confirm this. That is the crucial test of faith! It is very significant that in John 6:66 we are told "many of His disciples turned back and no longer followed Him". How did Jesus respond to that? Did He call them back and say 'Don't go away, you have misunderstood was I said". On the contrary, Jesus then asked the Twelve "You do not want to leave too, do you?". This is because for Jesus it was essential that His followers believe that He intended to give us His flesh to eat! The tragedy is, that if those who left Jesus had known that the flesh and blood of Jesus would be given to them under the form of simple bread and wine it would have at once dispelled their fears that Jesus was talking about some form of cannibalism. Cannibals eat dead flesh- Christians receive the living risen Jesus: "I am the LIVING bread who has come down from heaven.."(John6:51) Can God do that?- God can do anything!

Last edited:

clefty

No one has ever thought that Jesus promised that His followers would not suffer physical death. In the same chapter about the eucharist, Jesus says repeatedly "I will raise him up ON THE LAST DAY".(John 6:40)(meaning that we would all die first.)
right not confusing things spiritual with those physical...His stating none will die eating Him was meant spiritually as a metaphor but some took it literally...(unbelievers still do BTW)...

Many people refused to believe Jesus when He said "I am the living bread that has come down from heaven.....This bread is my flesh which I will give for the life of the world"(John 6:51) They complained "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"(John6:52). The answer Jesus gave is crystal clear, in fact he repeats the same thing FIVE times, each time in a slightly different way to prove there is no mistake:": I tell you the truth, UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in you"(John 6:53). You can read the subsequent verses (John 6:54-58)to confirm this. That is the crucial test of faith! It is very significant that in John 6:66 we are told "many of His disciples turned back and no longer followed Him". How did Jesus respond to that? Did He call them back and say 'Don't go away, you have misunderstood was I said". On the contrary, Jesus then asked the Twelve "You do not want to leave too, do you?".
right He did clarify it by saying it is the Spirit not flesh that matters...at any point He could have mentioned His flesh would be in bread form He would offer later...but He didn't...

and when asking if the rest of the disciples were going to leave after clarifying His teaching is the Spirit is the life not the flesh...Peter affirmed and confirmed he understood this teaching with his answer "you have the words of life"..."eternal life" notice he didn't say you have the flesh of life or even you are the bread of life...but you have the words which are the Spirit...His teachings...

This is because for Jesus it was essential that His followers believe that He intended to give us His flesh to eat! The tragedy is, that if those who left Jesus had known that the flesh and blood of Jesus would be given to them under the form of simple bread and wine it would have at once dispelled their fears that Jesus was talking about some form of cannibalism. Cannibals eat dead flesh- Christians receive the living risen Jesus: "I am the LIVING bread who has come down from heaven.."(John6:51) Can God do that?- God can do anything!

Yes He can do anything...but that He does not is evident as those suffering celiac disease respond negatively to gluten when ingesting the host which should now be flesh...or does His flesh have gluten?

Why is it necessary to be under the form of bread when He could do anything? Even make cannibalism ok?

Right Divider

Body part
I believe that this raising up refers to the resurrection of believing Israel into their kingdom per Ezekiel 37

When Jesus originally sent the twelve out to preach the kingdom to Israel, they were told to raise the dead (Matt 10:8). Of course later, in Acts 12, when James is murdered... they did not raise him from the dead. Something had changed.

Sleekbacksmile

The Catholic Church simply failed to take into account the hundreds upon hundreds of Hebrew symbolic verses relating Eating as symbolic