Epstein case: how wealthy and powerful men can get away with sexual abuse

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Jeffrey Epstein might go to prison after all.

The money manager has been accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls, bringing them to his home for massages during which he masturbated or had intercourse with them. He was indicted in 2007, but as Julie K. Brown reported at the Miami Herald, he ultimately got just 13 months in a county jail, thanks to a deal signed by Alexander Acosta, then the US attorney for Miami and now President Trump’s secretary of labor.

On Saturday, however, Epstein was arrested in New Jersey and charged with sex trafficking, in connection with allegations that he recruited young girls for abuse at his homes in New York and Palm Beach. If convicted, he could face 45 years in prison.

Read the rest at the link - too much info to adequately distill into the OP, but for those who don't want to click:

Epstein is going down.
A lot of other powerful men could go down with him.
Acosta needs to go.

As for Epstein's victims:

“Oh my God,” Michelle Licata, one of Epstein’s accusers, told the Miami Herald upon hearing about the new indictment. “Finally, finally, finally! Justice!”

I sure hope so this time.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yep. Acosta gave Epstein a slap on the wrist for molesting children. Turns out, Trump was a good friend of Epstein. Trump explained:

"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeffrey-epstein-trump-link-liking-women-on-the-younger-side-2019-7

When Trump became president, Acosta was appointed Sec. of Labor.

Now, it appears, things are starting to unravel. If things work out well, a lot of Epstein pals might end up in jail. And not just republicans. One of Epstein's buddies was Bill Clinton. I'm not saying Clinton was involved in any of that, any more than I'm saying that one of Epstein's victims was telling the truth about Trump molesting her. Far as I know, neither of them are guilty.

If either one is, I hope they spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep. Acosta gave Epstein a slap on the wrist for molesting children. Turns out, Trump was a good friend of Epstein. Trump explained:

"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeffrey-epstein-trump-link-liking-women-on-the-younger-side-2019-7

When Trump became president, Acosta was appointed Sec. of Labor.

Now, it appears, things are starting to unravel. If things work out well, a lot of Epstein pals might end up in jail. And not just republicans. One of Epstein's buddies was Bill Clinton. I'm not saying Clinton was involved in any of that, any more than I'm saying that one of Epstein's victims was telling the truth about Trump molesting her. Far as I know, neither of them are guilty.

If either one is, I hope they spend the rest of their lives in jail.
Hey. How about instead of politicising this issue, we advocate justice. :up:

Last edited:

The Berean

What does Trump have to do with the rapist? Apparently, the rapist knows Trump but he knows many, many other powerful and wealthy people including Bill Clinton. Powerful wealthy men have been doing this for generations. Hollywood is infamous for this type of degeneracy and evil going back to Charlie Chaplin. Hollywood has always been a cesspool of evil (pedophilia, rape, homosexuality, drug abuse, adultery, etc.)

Gary K

Banned
The attorney for Epstein's victims has stated in legal documents that Donald Trump banned Epstein from at least one of his clubs for his sexual assault on a 16 year old girl. The mockingbird media will never publish this info though. They want the narrative to be that Trump was a part of Epstein's sick behavior.

Dan Bongino put this out in what I believe was his show from yesterday. I just happened to find a link to his show on hooktube and clicked on it and that was one of his leading stories.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The point of this thread — and the latest arrest — is to hurt donaldtrump. These people don't care about justice.

The point of this thread is to examine how wealthy and powerful men can get away with sexual abuse.

Did you even read the article?

Gary K

Banned
I have to ask.... All this row about Trump and his supposed close connection to Epstein calls to mind a very powerful Democrat operative who is sick beyond belief. How about it, Anna, are you going to defend Tony Podesta or hold him accountable?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have to ask.... All this row about Trump and his supposed close connection to Epstein calls to mind a very powerful Democrat operative who is sick beyond belief. How about it, Anna, are you going to defend Tony Podesta or hold him accountable?

You mean John Podesta? If so and you're referring to pizzagate, I won't give that conspiracy any air time, sorry.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
the point of every single one of your threads, ever since Tuesday, November 8, 2016 has been to bash trump

btw, it's telling that you don't even pretend that you're concerned about the children

large9947176_lrg.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You mean John Podesta? If so and you're referring to pizzagate, I won't give that conspiracy any air time, sorry.

I thought that when they realized that there was no basement under the pizza house, they gave up on that fantasy. Oh, well...

On the other hand, the same scandal that tangles Trump in the Epstein pedophilia case, also might entangle Bill Clinton. Of course, Bill didn't reward the prosecutor who illegally gave Epstein a slap on the wrist, with a cabinet post, but now that a judge has tossed out the sweetheart deal, let's see who it takes down.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What does Trump have to do with the rapist?

Trump rewarded the prosecutor who illegally gave Epstein a sweetheart deal while hiding the process from Epstein's victims, with a cabinet position. Acosta broke several laws while coddling Trump's pedophile buddy.

The recent arrest of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire financier, on federal child sex trafficking charges brings renewed attention to the fact that the man who oversaw his 2008 sweetheart plea deal — Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta — still has a job.

Acosta oversaw the deal for Epstein in 2008 when he was the top federal prosecutor in Miami. Now, many people are using the Twitter hashtag “AcostaResign” to demand he step down from his role as labor secretary.

In February, a federal judge ruled that under Acosta, federal prosecutors broke the law when they concealed a plea agreement with Epstein from dozens of underage survivors of Epstein’s sexual abuse. In his opinion, Judge Kenneth A. Marra said that not only did prosecutors violate the Crime Victims Rights Act by not telling the victims about the deal, but prosecutors also led victims to believe the FBI’s case against him was ongoing. Thanks to those prosecutors, Epstein pleaded guilty in state court to two prostitution charges and served 13 months in Palm Beach County Jail.

The deal also included language that gave immunity to “any potential co-conspirators’’ involved in his crimes, according to the Miami Herald. The Herald identified nearly 80 girls who said they were victims of Epstein and were anywhere from 13 to 16 years old when the abuse occurred.

https://thinkprogress.org/jeffrey-e...er-acosta-still-labor-secretary-c97222385077/

Apparently, the rapist knows Trump but he knows many, many other powerful and wealthy people including Bill Clinton.

I mentioned that. But Bill Clinton didn't pay off the prosecutor who broke the law getting Epstein out of trouble. Donald Trump did. If either of them had anything to do with Epstein's abuse of children, they should spend the rest of their lives in jail. Meantime, Trump does express some sympathy for one of the "victims":

“I feel very badly actually for secretary Acosta because I’ve known him as being somebody that works so hard and has done such a good job,” said Trump, who previously called Epstein “a terrific guy”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking-charges

Powerful wealthy men have been doing this for generations. Hollywood is infamous for this type of degeneracy and evil going back to Charlie Chaplin. Hollywood has always been a cesspool of evil (pedophilia, rape, homosexuality, drug abuse, adultery, etc.)

Neither Trump, nor Epstein, nor Acosta are Hollywood figures. And it's disgusting that anyone would say "It's O.K., everyone does it."