Entirely new findings about Antarctica

Interplanner

Foxnews.com, look down the left side list, part of their digital reports, but it doesn't seem to link individually.

NASA has all but concluded that there is a magma plume under Antarctica because the amount of energy detected per sq meter is 150 millivolts rather than the usual 60. Their depth sensing research is finding subsurface lakes and rivers throughout the area under the snow. The suggestion is it might start looking much more like Iceland than the plate of white we are use to seeing.

It has nothing to do with 'global warming' as the term is used by the media/science/political machine.

Greg Jennings

Foxnews.com, look down the left side list, part of their digital reports, but it doesn't seem to link individually.

NASA has all but concluded that there is a magma plume under Antarctica because the amount of energy detected per sq meter is 150 millivolts rather than the usual 60. Their depth sensing research is finding subsurface lakes and rivers throughout the area under the snow. The suggestion is it might start looking much more like Iceland than the plate of white we are use to seeing.

It has nothing to do with 'global warming' as the term is used by the media/science/political machine.
This is interesting but why under politics?

Interplanner

This is interesting but why under politics?

We don't have a science category, and climate change "science" (non-science, really) is HIGHLY political. but you are right about one thing: it should be under religion because "the Left is the most dynamic religion of the 20th-21st century"--dennisprager.com

Interplanner

Because some people think that climate change is a political issue, which can be decided by governments.

The only thing governments can do is decide what, if anything, they want to do about human-induced warming.

I don't think humanity has any effect on the climate; it does what it wants. In regions, though, there are serious mistakes by massive government. Kate Brown's (gov, OR) failure to use the Global Supertanker (firefighting 747) against the Columbia gorge fire this summer cost 1.5B of harvest which she glibly said 'we didn't really have anyway'. And these kinds of fires are due to 'natural' policies in which forests are not thinned. This loses jobs, and creates all kinds of inflammatory fuel if a fire starts. All over the Northwest, there are policies that either make any fire so fierce that crews have to wait, or that define their source as 'natural' so there is no firefighting.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Antarctica is Atlantis !!!!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Concluding, the team say the Marie Byrd Land mantle plume formed 50-110 million years ago—long before the land above was hidden by ice. Heat from it, they say, has an “important local impact” on the ice sheet—and understanding these processes will allow researchers to work out what will happen to it in the future."

http://www.newsweek.com/antarctica-...me-almost-hot-yellowstone-supervolcano-705086
:darwinsm:

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't think humanity has any effect on the climate;

That's not an issue now; we're into a strong solar minimum. Last time this happened was the medieval "little ice age" (because the Sun's output is lower). Instead we're getting record high temperatures.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't think humanity has any effect on the climate; it does what it wants. In regions, though, there are serious mistakes by massive government. Kate Brown's (gov, OR) failure to use the Global Supertanker (firefighting 747) against the Columbia gorge fire this summer cost 1.5B of harvest which she glibly said 'we didn't really have anyway'. And these kinds of fires are due to 'natural' policies in which forests are not thinned. This loses jobs, and creates all kinds of inflammatory fuel if a fire starts. All over the Northwest, there are policies that either make any fire so fierce that crews have to wait, or that define their source as 'natural' so there is no firefighting.
I look at maps of the Texas, North Carolina, and Virginia coasts (Chesapeake Bay), and it looks to me like the sea swallowed up part of the previous coastline a very long time ago, far before the petroleum age started. The sea is already much higher than it used to be.