Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozo

Here is what I think has transpired in recent days...

First of all, I think much of the leadership is just plain sick and tired of me telling people that they are not saved based on certain beliefs that a person has.

Secondly, I think they are fed up with me insulting people and calling them derogatory names whenever they say something that I know to be a grevious error.

Fair enough! I admit that I do those things a bit more aggressively than what the situation may warrant. I don't like to hear those things anymore than the next person.

However, I think that most Christians are apathetic about the gospel.

If someone comes on this site and has Catholic, or Mormon, or Christian (other), or Christian (more left than right) under their name, then it's okay to question their faith, even if they say they believe in Jesus. But, if someone says they are a Christian right wing fanatic, then don't you dare insult them, or question their faith, even though their ideas are just as heretical.

I don't get it. It's like the professing believers don't even know or understand the basics of Christianity. As long as someone hates homos, let's give them a thumbs up, even if they practice witchcraft and claim to be God's dream prophet. Truth doesn't matter to these "christians", just getting rid of the bad guys. You can claim anything about Jesus, as long as you are a right winger!

Funny, but the only people who Jesus and Paul opposed were those who preached a message of works righteousness, but for some reason those people are embraced as believers here, simply because they stand against their pet social causes.

The truth of the gospel, takes a back seat to creating comfort zones.

It's really disgusting.

I have a few choice words for them, but I'm sure you've already heard them enough.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I feel your pain. :(

Zeal is good, but only if tempered by wisdom and knowledge (hint).

I trust those whom you respect can speak into your life and commend and encourage the things that you are dead on about, but also temper things that may be more sozo than Jesus. I do not presume to speak into your life since you have me pegged as a godless pig. I am not the Messiah nor the Holy Spirit, so no sweat off my back.

Time to toughen my skin without hardening my heart...carry on, warrior of the Lord. We will chat in heaven soon enough (not a veiled death threat, but there is a reason I am taking TKD :dunce: )

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:

First of all, I think much of the leadership is just plain sick and tired of me telling people that they are not saved based on certain beliefs that a person has.

Secondly, I think they are fed up with me insulting people and calling them derogatory names whenever they say something that I know to be a grevious error.
There are times ... :D
Fair enough! I admit that I do those things a bit more aggressively than what the situation may warrant. I don't like to hear those things anymore than the next person.
I'll accept that as long as you're not asking me to judge you. Na ga doit. Wouldn't be prudent.
I don't know about "most." Throw in "superficial."
If someone comes on this site and has Catholic, or Mormon, or Christian (other), or Christian (more left than right) under their name, then it's okay to question their faith, even if they say they believe in Jesus. But, if someone says they are a Christian right wing fanatic, then don't you dare insult them, or question their faith, even though their ideas are just as heretical.
Almost assured that someone "more left than right" defines their faith by their liberal political agenda. There are some "more right than left" who do the same.
I don't get it. It's like the professing believers don't even know or understand the basics of Christianity. As long as someone hates homos, let's give them a thumbs up, even if they practice witchcraft and claim to be God's dream prophet. Truth doesn't matter to these "christians", just getting rid of the bad guys. You can claim anything about Jesus, as long as you are a right winger!
I wouldn't go for that one either.
Funny, but the only people who Jesus and Paul opposed were those who preached a message of works righteousness, but for some reason those people are embraced as believers here, simply because they stand against their pet social causes.
I suspect one has to deal issue-by-issue. Comes under the "Broken clock right twice a day" rule.
Na ga do that either.
It's really disgusting.
Anytime one deals in sectarian conflicts, that's likely.
I have a few choice words for them, but I'm sure you've already heard them enough.
Could be your self-analysis is correct, but I have have never felt threatened or demeaned or etc., by anything you have posted. AND I do read most if not all of your postings. You may not agree with some of my stuff either, but you are a true Brother in Christ. That's the only requirement I have.

Mr. 5020

Sozo said:

It's really disgusting.

I've only noticed that with one poster (and it's not godrulz).

Last edited:

Chileice

Sozo said:

It's really disgusting.

WOW! Good post. Good insights. Christianity is so much more than "not being a homo". It is the faith in Jesus Christ that saves us, not our political views or even our own morality.

Sounds like Titus 3 (among many other attesting scriptures)
4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Redfin

The attitude that screws up so much attempted dialogue here goes thus:

"You disagree with me and thus obviously neither understand this topic nor how vital it is to agree with me. Therefore I, who pretend to understand it, must be vindicated at all costs."

Oh well...

red77

Redfin said:
The attitude that screws up so much attempted dialogue here goes thus:

"You disagree with me and thus obviously neither understand this topic nor how vital it is to agree with me. Therefore I, who pretend to understand it, must be vindicated at all costs."

Oh well...

I guess one thing we all have to try and keep in control is our own ego.......

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo, or maybe you just fail to realize that your "pet issue" has been utterly refuted. Most recently here.

The gospel isn't as complicated as you want to make it. You can feel sorry for yourself if you want and play the martyr but frankly I think you act like a child when the heat gets turned up on you. Just my opinion.

Sozo

Knight said:
Sozo, or maybe you just fail to realize that your "pet issue" has been utterly refuted. Most recently here.
In your dreams. So far, I have destroyed your arguments (except in one verse, that I have not addressed as yet). I have also destroyed Bob Hill's faulty interpretations.

The gospel isn't as complicated as you want to make it.
That's funny, coming from an Open Theist who has to thrown out half the New Testament to make his case.

I am one of the very few here who has uncomplicated the "gospel" that most of you add to Christ's work on the cross.

I suppose you would have told Paul that all those letters were unnecessary, because "the gospel" is "so simple". Yea, right :rolleyes: It is so simple that he had to stand against all the false teachers who took the simplicity of the gospel and added works to be righteous before God, thus creating another "gospel".

I'm sorry that you embrace and defend those who preach another "gospel", and choose to toss your insults my way because I hold your "friends" accountable.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
I'm sorry that you embrace and defend those who preach another "gospel", and choose to toss your insults my way because I hold your "friends" accountable.
I am not insulting you.

I just don't run around claiming everyone isn't saved when they don't agree with the definition of a three letter word. :)

Sozo

Knight said:
I am not insulting you.

I just don't run around claiming everyone isn't saved when they don't agree with the definition of a three letter word. :)
That's not what happen, and you know it.

Have I ever said that you are not saved, because of your definition?

If You said to me "I do not have eternal life", then would I be at fault for saying that you are not saved? That is what happen, and 1 errant poster and 1 moderator jumped into an all out character assasination.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
That's funny, coming from an Open Theist who has to thrown out half the New Testament to make his case.
:bang:

That's not an Open Theist thing. It's the dispensational view that says everything outside of Pauline writings was for Israel [the Bride of Christ], and not for the Body.

Mr. 5020

Sozo said:
That's not what happen, and you know it.

Have I ever said that you are not saved, because of your definition?

If You said to me "I do not have eternal life", then would I be at fault for saying that you are not saved? That is what happen, and 1 errant poster and 1 moderator jumped into an all out character assasination.
Character assasination?

:darwinsm:

elected4ever

Mr. 5020 said:
Character assasination?

:darwinsm:
Calling someone by what they define themselves is not character assassination. Show me where Sozo called anyone anything other that that what there proposed belief system called for. I am beginning to change my view of a lot of people on this board for there blatant legalism. I don't see where godrulz should be the lone duckling in this pond.

I happen to agree with godrulz and the majority on this board on most social issues but that has nothing to do with believing of disbelieving Christ which is a for more weightier issue because that concerns eternity. It is the difference between life and death. Exposing error is not character assassination.

Sozo

e4e... Mr.5020 was making light of my accusation of Clete's and Poly's assasination of my character solely based on my comment to mercyschild about her not being saved because she claims that she does not have eternal life.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight said:

The gospel isn't as complicated as you want to make it. You can feel sorry for yourself if you want and play the martyr but frankly I think you act like a child when the heat gets turned up on you. Just my opinion.

If you can't say amen, say ouch.

We should not make the gospel more narrow or more wide than Jesus or Paul did. God honors faith in the person and work of Christ, not theological perfection in controversial areas.

Sozo

godrulz said:
If you can't say amen, say ouch.

We should not make the gospel more narrow or more wide than Jesus or Paul did. God honors faith in the person and work of Christ, not theological perfection in controversial areas.

:rotfl:

Yeah right, godrulz, Paul was just kidding when he opposed the Judaizers for preaching another gospel of justification by the works of the Law.

Oh, and Jesus certainly was buddies with all the Pharisees and their message of righteousness through the Law.

No one "complicates" the gospel more than YOU!

What a moron :loser: :rotfl:

elected4ever

Sozo said:
e4e... Mr.5020 was making light of my accusation of Clete's and Poly's assasination of my character solely based on my comment to mercyschild about her not being saved because she claims that she does not have eternal life.
I know and they were unjustified in doing so. She said for more than just not having eternal life that condemned her. That was in fact a true statement of her belief of faith which is absolutely unbiblical

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
I know and they were unjustified in doing so. She said for more than just not having eternal life that condemned her. That was in fact a true statement of her belief of faith which is absolutely unbiblical

Has it occurred to you noodle heads that some people are new Christians and need teaching and discipleship? Conversion does not make one a genius or master of theological nuances overnight. If someone does not think they have eternal life now, explain I Jn. 5:11-13. Do not conclude that their lack of understanding as an infant in Christ means that they must be a godless unbeliever.

Give me a massive break. :box:

Status
Not open for further replies.