Emotions

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Emotions are what turns any discussion into an argument or debate. If you have emotions you should only be listening to others having a discussion and not trying to join in. A true believer has crucified all their emotions.

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

James 1:19-20
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
(NKJ)

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Gal 5:15-24
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

Gal 5:15-24
15But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)
Passion nor desire are synonymous with emotion.

peace

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Passion nor desire are synonymous with emotion.

peace

I said
Which one of these do you think is NOT driven by an emotion?

adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries,

popsthebuilder

I said
Which one of these do you think is NOT driven by an emotion?

I ask you the same regarding these; love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness.

peace friend

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I ask you the same regarding these; love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness.

peace friend

I said
Ok I brought them up on the board so you could read them.
Now you tell me which of these is NOT an emotion.

popsthebuilder

I said
I answered that already in post #4. All accept for love. And that is an action.
I'm quite aware that you don't call them emotions or even think they cause further emotion perhaps, but that doesn't change the fact that emotion and thought work as a system together within self. One must be able to know the difference between negative emotions (those due to and encompassing greed (want for self)), and those that are affections as you say.

popsthebuilder

I said
Ok I brought them up on the board so you could read them.
Now you tell me which of these is NOT an emotion.

Adultery is not an emotion in and of itself.

Fornication is not an emotion in and of itself.

Uncleanness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Lewdness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Idolatry is not an emotion in and of itself.

Sorcery is not an emotion in and of itself.

Heresies are not an emotion in and of themselves.

Murder is not an emotion in and of itself.

Drunkenness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Revelries are not emotions of themselves.

They are caused by emotion and causal to emotion though, just as affections are. The difference is in the nature.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Adultery is not an emotion in and of itself.

Fornication is not an emotion in and of itself.

Uncleanness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Lewdness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Idolatry is not an emotion in and of itself.

Sorcery is not an emotion in and of itself.

Heresies are not an emotion in and of themselves.

Murder is not an emotion in and of itself.

Drunkenness is not an emotion in and of itself.

Revelries are not emotions of themselves.

They are caused by emotion and causal to emotion though, just as affections are. The difference is in the nature.

I said
That is an oxymoron.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm quite aware that you don't call them emotions or even think they cause further emotion perhaps, but that doesn't change the fact that emotion and thought work as a system together within self. One must be able to know the difference between negative emotions (those due to and encompassing greed (want for self)), and those that are affections as you say.

I said
The thought is from the devil, and the emotion is an unclean spirit that pushes you to the devil.

popsthebuilder

I said
The thought is from the devil, and the emotion is an unclean spirit that pushes you to the devil.

I'm sorry, but are you saying that thought is from the devil and emotion leads to the devil?

If so then why are we made, by GOD, with the capacity for both if wholly of the devil?

Even freedom allows for the good and bad.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, but are you saying that thought is from the devil and emotion leads to the devil?

If so then why are we made, by GOD, with the capacity for both if wholly of the devil?

Even freedom allows for the good and bad.

I Said
No. Your missing the point. Do you get opposing thoughts in your mind? Do it , don't do it. Then you must make a choice. Go to the store, or don't go to the store. Half of your thoughts are from your guardian angel who speaks to you with carnal thoughts. And half of your thoughts are from your devil. You make a choice when your thinking. Your emotions always push you towards the devils opinion.

popsthebuilder

I Said
No. Your missing the point. Do you get opposing thoughts in your mind? Do it , don't do it. Then you must make a choice. Go to the store, or don't go to the store. Half of your thoughts are from your guardian angel who speaks to you with carnal thoughts. And half of your thoughts are from your devil. You make a choice when your thinking. Your emotions always push you towards the devils opinion.
I cannot agree.

It is not emotion that leads me to this conclusion.

Do you have scripture to support your claim that guardian angels communicate with us through carnal though and not the Spirit?

Can you please provide scripture showing that all emotion is of the devil?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I cannot agree.

It is not emotion that leads me to this conclusion.

Do you have scripture to support your claim that guardian angels communicate with us through carnal though and not the Spirit?

Can you please provide scripture showing that all emotion is of the devil?

I said
Look you can try to manipulate it all you want. But the fact is Them are the revelations of Jesus Christ that were given to me. Agree or disagree that is your only choice. Read them or don't read them.

popsthebuilder

I said
Look you can try to manipulate it all you want. But the fact is Them are the revelations of Jesus Christ that were given to me. Agree or disagree that is your only choice. Read them or don't read them.
Please don't take offence; none was meant.

I enjoy your posts; have for some time.

I thought you knew that.

You responded to a post of mine that was pretty old and got my attention. You asking me to not participate unless I agree, or at least insinuating such is a little odd and unnecessary.

I'm open to discussion, but no real discussion is one sided.

If I recall; it is your contention that one is spoken to by the Holy Spirit via verbatim scripture; so I'm asking for the scripture that brought you to the conclusion that thought processes lead to satan, and that all emotions are of the devil.

I'll leave you alone; as I'm not trying to offend or upset you. Just thought you wanted to engage in conversation and that you already well knew of our difference of opinion in regard to all emotion whatsoever.

Your input on thought is new to me though and interesting .

peace

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Please don't take offence; none was meant.

I enjoy your posts; have for some time.

I thought you knew that.

You responded to a post of mine that was pretty old and got my attention. You asking me to not participate unless I agree, or at least insinuating such is a little odd and unnecessary.

I'm open to discussion, but no real discussion is one sided.

If I recall; it is your contention that one is spoken to by the Holy Spirit via verbatim scripture; so I'm asking for the scripture that brought you to the conclusion that thought processes lead to satan, and that all emotions are of the devil.

I'll leave you alone; as I'm not trying to offend or upset you. Just thought you wanted to engage in conversation and that you already well knew of our difference of opinion in regard to all emotion whatsoever.

Your input on thought is new to me though and interesting .

peace

I said
lol I'm not offended. But when you ask me to show you scriptures, and that is what the OP is all scriptures. It appears your trying a little guile. I enjoy a discussion. But without guile.

popsthebuilder

I said
lol I'm not offended. But when you ask me to show you scriptures, and that is what the OP is all scriptures. It appears your trying a little guile. I enjoy a discussion. But without guile.

No attempted deceit I assure you.

If you already posted scripture showing that thought leads to satan and all emotion too, then I evidently didn't get the same lesson from it that you did, and missed what must be to you, more obvious; so I'm asking you again to support your claim.

As far as guile is concerned; I'm a layman, and don't fancy myself an intellectual, and if you are meaning the more negative connotations such a word as guile brings to the forefront of thought, well then I'd have to ask that you support that too; not that I don't know deception is wrong, but that I am actually guilty of such.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No attempted deceit I assure you.

If you already posted scripture showing that thought leads to satan and all emotion too, then I evidently didn't get the same lesson from it that you did, and missed what must be to you, more obvious; so I'm asking you again to support your claim.

As far as guile is concerned; I'm a layman, and don't fancy myself an intellectual, and if you are meaning the more negative connotations such a word as guile brings to the forefront of thought, well then I'd have to ask that you support that too; not that I don't know deception is wrong, but that I am actually guilty of such.

I said
Again go read the OP and show me the problem your having with it. Did you read the one on Affections. You should find out the difference between emotions and affections. That will answer your questions.

popsthebuilder

I said
Again go read the OP and show me the problem your having with it. Did you read the one on Affections. You should find out the difference between emotions and affections. That will answer your questions.
We've already been over that.

I don't want to do over the same thing for no reason.

I asked for scripture about thought leading to satan.