Emboldened, Democrats move to repeal the 1st and 15th amendments.

Arthur Brain

Interesting how Arthur Brain and The Barbarian are ignoring post #5 in this thread.

That Breitbart tripe? Might as well ask me to give credence to Qanon...although they'll probably be shutting up shop shortly after a few angry little messages of "No fair"! Well, hopefully anyway.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Interesting how Arthur Brain and The Barbarian are ignoring post #5 in this thread.

Perhaps the moderators could discourage the trolling that's been rampant lately and getting in the way of any productive discussions or conversations. I'd be glad to suggest a couple people for perma bans if you're interested. PM me

Hilltrot

Uh huh, deal with Trump being booted out of office, it'll go easier on ya in the long run.

Hey, I'll be fine. Cushy government job. Cushy government pension. Cushy house that's fully paid for. Tesla, so that I don't have to worry about gas prices. An estate where I can grow my own food in case everything goes under. Really, I'm fine.

Were you voting Biden just to make my life bad? That is sad. Because I'll be fine. I worry more about others though. Those less fortunate than me.

Hilltrot

Apparently Nancy Pelosi, in her letter to colleagues, plans to reintroduce last year's bill introducing reforms to the voting process.

Last year's H.R. 1 can be found here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...s/house-bill/1

That's the summary, which means nothing.

You should read the full bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1/text#toc-H11F25CADBCDC49EE9CB7E7E426476BFB

Check out 1302. If you believe in this bill, you either believe Biden has a few screws loose or should be in jail for 5 years . . . or you could be having problems reading.

Starting with 4201 and following would have prevented "Common Sense" and the "Federalist Papers" from being published. That is your attack on the first amendment.

Large portion of the bill are written to prevent states from verifying the identity of voters, removing voters who can be used for voter fraud, speaking out against voter fraud, etc. The federal government would come in and determine congressional districts for the state further eroding local control and allowing the federal government to dominate. When one's vote ceases to count because many votes were cast by non-existent, dead, or coerced votes, this erodes the 15th amendment.

Arthur Brain

Hey, I'll be fine. Cushy government job. Cushy government pension. Cushy house that's fully paid for. Tesla, so that I don't have to worry about gas prices. An estate where I can grow my own food in case everything goes under. Really, I'm fine.

Were you voting Biden just to make my life bad? That is sad. Because I'll be fine. I worry more about others though. Those less fortunate than me.

Hey, good for you and in terms of worrying about others then even more so. Good on you. I didn't vote for either candidate as I'm from the UK although had I lived in America I'd have certainly voted for Biden because Trump cares not a whit for anyone other than himself. It certainly wouldn't have been a vote to make anyone else's life bad. Anything but.

Gary K

Banned
Hey, good for you and in terms of worrying about others then even more so. Good on you. I didn't vote for either candidate as I'm from the UK although had I lived in America I'd have certainly voted for Biden because Trump cares not a whit for anyone other than himself. It certainly wouldn't have been a vote to make anyone else's life bad. Anything but.

Riiight. A guy with dementia, a long record of racist behavior, of molesting his own children, of outright fraud, of plagiarism, of bragging about his extensive voter fraud network, and so forth is to you a really good choice. I'd say you've long ago gone off the deep end.

Gary K

Banned
No need to. You're the one spouting garbage about other people wanting to murder babies and the like. Get a grip.

What a joke. You would vote for people who have made the murder of babies legal and keep it legal. The most vulnerable people on planet earth and you support it 100% or you wouldn't advocate for the Democrats. That makes you a supporter of murdering babies.

Arthur Brain

What a joke. You would vote for people who have made the murder of babies legal and keep it legal. The most vulnerable people on planet earth and you support it 100% or you wouldn't advocate for the Democrats. That makes you a supporter of murdering babies.

Yeah, cos Trump was gonna outlaw it...you are beyond reason.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It was made law through the Supreme Court and it can be reversed through the Supreme Court. That was what Trump was trying to do.

Actually, the abortion rate today is lower than it was before Roe v. Wade. And even if Roe v Wade was reversed, it wouldn't end abortion in America. So there is that.

Hilltrot

Actually, the abortion rate today is lower than it was before Roe v. Wade.

I know. You keep quoting that pro-abortion website like it's your Bible. Unfortunately, you still don't realize what happened in 1998 which caused those numbers to be completely worthless.

And even if Roe v Wade was reversed, it wouldn't end abortion in America. So there is that.

You seem quite content with that. And you wonder why I call you Slayer of Babies.

The overturn would require there to be a debate at every state level. Instead of the attitude of "killing babies" is just something that happens which can't be changed, people will realize that it can change and it would actually be seriously debated instead of pushing it to some side issue "no-one" can do anything about like the murders in Chicago or the drug cartels in Mexico. People would no longer be able to hide their morality, because what is worse than killing a baby just because it is inconvenient?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Actually, the abortion rate today is lower than it was before Roe v. Wade.

You just don't think it's a good thing. For reasons we all understand. To you, it's just a political issue. To us, each abortion is a life being taken.

You keep quoting that pro-abortion website like it's your Bible.

The Bible, I take on faith. Statistics need evidence. The reason you're so easy to manipulate is that your leaders have you following them on faith. Even Breitbart, the lord of fake news, admits this much:
Abortion data obtained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for 2007-2016 showed the number of abortions in the U.S., the abortion rate, and the abortion ratio have all dropped to their lowest point since the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision in 1973.
...According to the study, “unintended pregnancy” is the primary factor leading to induced abortion.

About 66 percent of abortions were performed at eight weeks’ gestation or less, while 91 percent were conducted at 13 weeks’
“The use of the most effective forms of reversible contraception (i.e., intrauterine devices and hormonal implants) has recently increased among all women, and the use of contraception overall appears to be increasing among adolescents,” CDC stated.

However, pro-life leaders
state American women are increasingly identifying with their movement and choosing life over abortion.

“American mothers are increasingly choosing life for their children, as well as choosing to identify themselves with the pro-life cause and pro-life policies,” said Chuck Donovan, president of the Charlotte Lozier Institute. “This includes the broad protections for women and children being enacted at the state level such as strengthened health and safety standards for abortion facilities, limits on public funding of abortion, parental involvement laws, and increased informed consent.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ions-roe-wade/

Unfortunately, you still don't realize what happened in 1998 which caused those numbers to be completely worthless.

That's a testable belief. Let's take a look...

In 1998, 884,273 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC, representing a 2% decrease from the 900,171 legal induced abortions reported by the same 48 reporting areas for 1997.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5103a1.htm

Pretty much as it has been for decades. Each year the rate has declined. And as you learned, it began long before 1998.

Unfortunately, you are unable to process facts that don't fit into your programming. Even Breitbart recognizes the trends that have led to lower abortion rates. All you see is a poltical issue going away. But the lower rate means life.

You seem quite agitated by that. If you actually cared, you could be part of the movement that has been saving more and more lives. Join us? I can direct you to pro-life groups in your area, if you'd like to help. Just tell me your state and I can help.

Government won't do it. Changing hearts and minds will do it. And making medical care available to even the poorest woman will do it.

Hilltrot

48 reporting areas

You're right. We should leave out California in all of our statistics. In that case, Trump wins! Even the Popular vote!

And you agree with this because leaving California out of the statistics means nothing to you. It doesn't skew the data at all. There are so many problems with this data and the way it is presented. Voluntary reporting, important states being left out, etc.

Regardless your logic is silly. X is evil. However we shouldn't make X illegal because X is happening less often now.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In 1998, 884,273 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC, representing a 2% decrease from the 900,171 legal induced abortions reported by the same 48 reporting areas for 1997.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5103a1.htm

You're right. We should leave out California in all of our statistics.

You've confused "reporting areas" with "states." And we have 50 states, not 49. Thought you knew. Last time I looked, California was it's own reporting area.

Unfortunately, you are unable to process facts that don't fit into your programming. Even Breitbart recognizes the trends that have led to lower abortion rates. All you see is a poltical issue going away. But the lower rate means life.

You seem quite agitated by that. If you actually cared, you could be part of the movement that has been saving more and more lives. Join us? I can direct you to pro-life groups in your area, if you'd like to help. Just tell me your state and I can help.

Government won't do it. Changing hearts and minds will do it. And making medical care available to even the poorest woman will do it.

Regardless your logic is silly.

My inclination is to go with what works. What I and many other pro-life people are doing is working. Your obsession with government doing it for you, is a pointless fantasy. I see your committment to pro-life is all talk and no action. So be it. If you ever decide you really want to do something to save the unborn, let me know and I'll get you connected.