Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here.

Originally posted by Tovalep
Alright. I wish I had the time and bandwidth to review all thirty-one pages, but let's review aquamulier's case as she presented it. Maybe there's a way to have your cake and eat it too:

1) She loves women and finds them attractive
2) I did not notice her saying she has sexual relations with women

The first is perfectly fine. Love and aesthetic appeal are good and historically, women have been more attractive than men. Sex between two people of the same gender is wrong, just as sex between two people of different genders not married to each other is wrong. Jesus said that if a man lusts after a woman, it's as bad as adultery. If a man lusts after another man, by extension, it's as bad as sodomy.

However, two men or two women can live together, find each other attractive, and if NO lust is involved, I should think that this would be approved by God. Malchus of Nisibis in the 4th century went through this (albeit with a woman) and they lived happily everafter.

The point? We can give you all the data, but only you can look into your heart to see your motives, thoughts, and feelings.

God bless you, aquamulier, and may your situation end as happily as Malchus'.

Very good, Tovalep. I agree particularly with this part:

The first is perfectly fine. Love and aesthetic appeal are good and historically, women have been more attractive than men. Sex between two people of the same gender is wrong, just as sex between two people of different genders not married to each other is wrong. Jesus said that if a man lusts after a woman, it's as bad as adultery. If a man lusts after another man, by extension, it's as bad as sodomy.

I've tried to explain that to people before, but they just don't get it.

Good post and welcome to TOL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.