ECT Easter is a pagan holiday

ThreeAngels

The Easter holy day honors Easter, who is Astarte. This is another name for Beltis, the queen of heaven. The apostate children of Israel engaged in her worship as described in Jeremiah 7:17, 18 "Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

Interplanner

For many people, it is just a way to be thankful that the cold and dark of winter is over. They don't see any more in it than that.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Easter holy day honors Easter, who is Astarte. This is another name for Beltis, the queen of heaven. The apostate children of Israel engaged in her worship as described in Jeremiah 7:17, 18 "Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

On a wacky side note... Jehovahs Witnesses don't celebrate Easter either. Did you know that SDA and JW's are theological cousins? Charles Taze Russel even thanked and acknowledged the founders.

What did the Ressurection afford you ThreeAngles?

For me... it is the "seal" of the Eph. 1:13 reception and the promise of my eternal fate upon Faith in Jesus' work... Alone.

You know... Eph. 2:8f and Romans 4:4f?

You wouldn't see "Sabbath Keeping" and "If you Love me, keep My Commandments" being about "the seal"... would you? You know the commandments are now "Love your neighbor as yourself", because "greater Love hath no man then He lay down His life for His friends".., right?

Oh well... Happy Ressurection celebration day.

You can look to the "flesh" of the matter, or you can look to the "heart".

- EE

ThreeAngels

On a wacky side note... Jehovahs Witnesses don't celebrate Easter either. Did you know that SDA and JW's are theological cousins? Charles Taze Russel even thanked and acknowledged the founders.

What did the Ressurection afford you ThreeAngles?

For me... it is the "seal" of the Eph. 1:13 reception and the promise of my eternal fate upon Faith in Jesus' work... Alone.

You know... Eph. 2:8f and Romans 4:4f?

You wouldn't see "Sabbath Keeping" and "If you Love me, keep My Commandments" being about "the seal"... would you? You know the commandments are now "Love your neighbor as yourself", because "greater Love hath no man then He lay down His life for His friends".., right?

Oh well... Happy Ressurection celebration day.

You can look to the "flesh" of the matter, or you can look to the "heart".

- EE
The Apostle John says of the apostates of the church, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." 1John 2:19. This is the nature of apostasy ever since the time when Lucifer left Jehovah's side to raise a rebellion against His government. The same continues on the earth to our time. The fact that apostates defect from the true body does not mean that the body is also false. Judas did the same but that does not make the other 11 apostles all false too. The same principle applies to the SDA church. She is not to be measured by the offshoots that have left her communion.
The Sabbath is in part of the commandments of Jesus. The principle of supreme love to God is a summary of the first four commandments while love to neighbor as one's self sums up the last six commandments. This summary does not give any hint that the Decalogue which it represents is done away with.
Jesus has ordained a memorial of His resurrection and it is baptism. We are buried with Him by baptism and raised out of the watery grave, in likeness of His resurrection, to live in newness of life.

Last edited:

Truster

As pagan as pagan can be.

And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their elohims, and destroy the names of them out of that place. You must not worship Yah Veh your Elohim in their way.

Thus saith Yah Veh, Learn not the way of the heathen...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We celebrate the resurrection of our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday. And not because we have to, but because we rejoice in it.

Easter-2016-slide.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, what's pagan about cute little bunnies laying colored eggs?

Are you also going to tell me reindeer don't fly?

ThreeAngels

Hey, what's pagan about cute little bunnies laying colored eggs?

Are you also going to tell me reindeer don't fly?
For one there is no teaching from Christ or His apostles requiring Christians to use such in their worship. Historically, Pagans have used just these symbols in their services. I will give two links if you want to read more. A chapter on Easter from Hislop's book, The Two Babylons here https://philologos.org/__eb-ttb/sect32.htm and a link from the Guardian newspaper https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

ThreeAngels

Jesus has also ordained a memorial of His death and it is Passover. (1 Corinthians 11:26)
The memorial of Jesus' death which He left us was the Lord's supper. By partaking of the Lord's supper, the broken bread and the fruit of the vine, we show forth the Lord's death until He comes. "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come." 1Cor 11:26

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The memorial of Jesus' death which He left us was the Lord's supper. By partaking of the Lord's supper, the broken bread and the fruit of the vine, we show forth the Lord's death until He comes. "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come." 1Cor 11:26

What did the Lord have for supper?

Luke said, "And in the same way he took the cup after they had eaten saying, 'This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.'" (Luke 22:20 NET)

Why does Passover represent a new covenant?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

How often do we observe a memorial day?