e‘Transabled’? Healthy People Now Maiming Thmselves to Identify as Disabled

shagster01

Um, she doesnt even post the information, thats the reason for objected to no links, because she doesnt even cite an article, she assumes we all know what shes talking about.

Tambora posted the link for you though, since im not your secretary and you just made it clear, you are trolling as usual, you arent interested in this, you just wanted to whine for whinings sake.

We know this also since most likely this thread is the very first time ive ever posted a story without its link (ive been busy today) but you know that too, and are objecting just to whine, again also since the link was posted by tambora before you made this post.

Don't you ever get tired of being a troll and not having a legitimate discussions?

You spent a lot of energy on not providing your source. A lot more than just providing it. That's really bizarre. Hiding something?

In regards to the actual issue, they want attention. Handicapped people get attention. I remember breaking my leg and being on crutches when I was in grade school and getting all sorts of attention and special privileges (front of the line at lunch, seat to myself on the bus, etc...). I can see how that could be appealing and addictive to certain people.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You spent a lot of energy on not providing your source. A lot more than just providing it. That's really bizarre. Hiding something?

Or .....
You could look at the link I just posted.

See what i meant about the trolling, hes busy proving it. He is still objecting in the usual disingenuous way, long after it was posted - which is why i didnt provide it on his demand.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You spent a lot of energy on not providing your source.
And you have spent a lot of time complaining about no link being posted when I already posted one for you.

In regards to the actual issue, they want attention. Handicapped people get attention. I remember breaking my leg and being on crutches when I was in grade school and getting all sorts of attention and special privileges (front of the line at lunch, seat to myself on the bus, etc...). I can see how that could be appealing and addictive to certain people.
It's the courteous thing to do .... for folks that are REALLY disabled.

shagster01

See what i meant about the trolling, hes busy proving it. He still objecting in the usual disingenuous way, long after it was posted.

So I post on the topic, and this is all you pull? Seems like you don't want me to actually discuss anything.

So do you agree "Transabled" is about attention, or would you rather keep defending your lack of source instead?

Side note: the word "Transabled" was in my two year old phone's dictionary.

shagster01

And you have spent a lot of time complaining about no link being posted when I already posted one for you.

I followed your link. Thank you.

It's the courteous thing to do .... for folks that are REALLY disabled.

But this begs the question, what is disabled? Are you only disabled if it's through no fault of your own? I mean technically if a guy cuts off his own arm he is really disabled, right?

bybee

So I post on the topic, and this is all you pull? Seems like you don't want me to actually discuss anything.

So do you agree "Transabled" is about attention, or would you rather keep defending your lack of source instead?

Side note: the word "Transabled" was in my two year old phone's dictionary.

One may make a word for anything....but, a thing is what it is.
If someone presents with only one arm then that someone is handicapped.
I would consider someone who did such a grotesque thing - for whatever reason? to be mentally handicapped.
Yet, the California surfer gal who lost her left arm to a shark attack whilst surfing has not let the loss stop her. She still surfs and she just gave birth to a beautiful baby.
I am in awe of those who transcend their handicaps and make the most of all that they still possess.

shagster01

One may make a word for anything....but, a thing is what it is.
If someone presents with only one arm then that someone is handicapped.
I would consider someone who did such a grotesque thing - for whatever reason? to be mentally handicapped.
Yet, the California surfer gal who lost her left arm to a shark attack whilst surfing has not let the loss stop her. She still surfs and she just gave birth to a beautiful baby.
I am in awe of those who transcend their handicaps and make the most of all that they still possess.

I agree. There is no such thing as Transabled. Anyone who desires to be disabled already is... in the head.