Dumocracy rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

Thanks, G.

In the 2000 Census, there were 105,480,101 households. (Average household size is 2.59 people. Lots of small households in the US.) Source

So "running the numbers" gives us 10,548,010 judges.

According to OPM, the latest public number (2003) for federal employees (excluding Dept. of Defense who wouldn't be impacted by Enyart's "plan") is about 3,366,578.

So much for cutting the federal staff...
Since NONE of these judges would be paid federal employee's you can run all the numbers you like and you would still be wrong.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
All Hail the Volunteers for God and King!

All Hail the Volunteers for God and King!

Originally posted by Knight
Since NONE of these judges would be paid federal employee's you can run all the numbers you like and you would still be wrong.
Oh, right. They'll just volunteer to do it, all the while holding down Real Jobs...

Anyone who would volunteer for such a duty is not to be trusted by the households under his charge...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by BillyBob
Depends on what the 'perks' are....
Well, you have the opportunity to lord it over ten households, to constantly remind them that they had better behave, because The Judge™ is watching.

You also have the authority to put people to death on the testimony of two witnesses (scripture doesn't indicate any testimony for the defense, so I presume there is none.).

Upshot: don't hack off The Judge™. The life you save may be your own...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by BillyBob

I wanna be a Judge!

Oh :Tye: .....................
I'm afraid you can't put someone to death just for being alive...

That's what Marines are for...:chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald
Show me a Judge with zero cases and I'll show you a Judge who isn't working hard enough. Everybody has something to hide...
Judges don't look for cases. Cases come to them.

Drunk drivers present a danger to themselves and their surroundings. One doesn't have to look for them.

Adulterers and people engaging in homosexual acts or illegal drug use can only be caught if you go looking for them.
With the death penalty for those acts in place, there will be much fewer people with the stones to attempt to engage in such acts.

What's the point of a Godly Government™ if people simply go to greater lengths to avoid getting caught?

And they will, even if for no other reason than to tweak The Man's nose...
Because of the great fun of knowing that just having Biblical laws on the books tweaks the noses of people like you. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight

But Enyart's plan is still for a significant increase in the size and potential intrusiveness of government...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

The ShadowGov (conveniently?) never did publish their intended Criminal Justice System so we don't know how they indented things to work. Perhaps you could share what mechanism is proposed for bringing cases before the judges?

Because of the great fun of knowing that just having Biblical laws on the books tweaks the noses of people like you.
If your institution of Mosaic Law is dependent on the installation of an American monarch, don't hold your breath... :D

elected4ever

While you guys are waxing philosophical it might interest you to know that the US government was never intended to be a democracy. Why we use the term to describe our form of Government is beyond me.

Our government is a constitutional form of Government. Not that that matters because most people don't even know what the constitution says so how are they to respect it.

A democracy = communism and fascism A constitution = law. The principle is of was supposed to be, "equal justice under law."

Equal justice under law is an impossibility under a democracy. No minority rights would be secure under a democracy. A democracy = 4 wolves and a lamb taking a vote on what to have for dinner. On the other hand if there is 4 lambs and one wolf the lambs still lose. The one wolf is stronger than the 4 lambs. That is dictatorship. Both are obscene forms of government.

:shocked: :nono:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by elected4ever

While you guys are waxing philosophical it might interest you to know that the US government was never intended to be a democracy. Why we use the term to describe our form of Government is beyond me.
You are, of course, correct. We misspeak (misswrite?) because we humans are semantically sloppy.

Our government is a constitutional form of Government. Not that that matters because most people don't even know what the constitution says so how are they to respect it.
We are a constitutional republic.

A democracy = communism and fascism A constitution = law. The principle is of was supposed to be, "equal justice under law."
Communism is an economic system that eschews private ownership of resources. You could have a variety of different forms of government with a communist system.

Fascism is a governmental system that puts the state before the individual under the authority of a dictator with strict socioeconomic controls and suppression of opposition through terror and censorship.

A democracy, on the other hand is a form of government "by the masses" where, to varying degrees depending on the form of democracy, a portion of the public carries responsibility for voting to make decisions about issues of common interest.

Equal justice under law is an impossibility under a democracy. No minority rights would be secure under a democracy. A democracy = 4 wolves and a lamb taking a vote on what to have for dinner. On the other hand if there is 4 lambs and one wolf the lambs still lose. The one wolf is stronger than the 4 lambs. That is dictatorship. Both are obscene forms of government.

But a democratic republic is better suited for the kind of nation we have built than pretty much any other form of government other than, possibly, a benign despotism. Unfortunately history shows they do not stay benign for long...

elected4ever

Zakath
Communism is an economic system that eschews private ownership of resources. You could have a variety of different forms of government with a communist system.

e4e ---- Whether you know it or not. You own nothing in this country. It is owned by the Cooperate Federal Government. You own no wealth of any kind. Your wealth is owned by the Cooperate Federal Government and their subsidiary's called states. From your home to your money you are allowed their use as long as it meets the needs of the government to allow it. The wealth of the nation was stolen in 1934 and all you have now have are certificates of debt. A bunch of promissory notes on a privet bank that has no money of its own and has the right to obligate you for the debt that they incur. Communism

Zakath
Fascism is a governmental system that puts the state before the individual under the authority of a dictator with strict socioeconomic controls and suppression of opposition through terror and censorship.

e4e ----- Through the years the government has systematically taken away your civil rights. It is like putting a frog in a bucket of cold water. and terning on the heat so the water is heated gradually. The frog never tries to escape but he still gets cooked. He just never knew what was happening to him. The latest form of censer ship is in the travel industry under the guise of homeland security. But America says that is a good thing. If one is willing to give up a liberty for the sake of security, he deserves neither. Our news is managed and put in a context that directs your thinking to ward a desired effect. Even our news is managed. Fascism

Kath
A democracy, on the other hand is a form of government "by the masses" where, to varying degrees depending on the form of democracy, a portion of the public carries responsibility for voting to make decisions about issues of common interest.

EOE ------- On how many ballots do you see the words, "None of the above." In 1964 there were two men running for president, Lyndon Banes Johnson and Berry Goldwater. I knew Johnson because I lived in the state next door. I believed him to be a crook and I though that He was complicit in the death of John F Kennedy. Berry Goldwater was a free trader bent on selling America for the top dollar. Virtue was not an asset for ether man. This was my first election and was not pleased with the credentials of ether man. I was given the choice of evil and worse. This being my first election I was told that I had no choice but to vote for one of the two. The Democrat and Republican Parties control the election There is no None of the above option. The American public has no real choices but those who are run by the international financiers. Even Democracy is a hoax in this country.

Zakath
But a democratic republic is better suited for the kind of nation we have built than pretty much any other form of government other than, possibly, a benign despotism. Unfortunately history shows they do not stay benign for long...

e4e -------- How is the nation better suited when the nation we have built stands upon lies that prop up the traitorous actions of the government and purposely misleads the innocent. When one does stand for the truth they are ostracized and marginalized as a crack pot. I tell the truth of history and I am told that I am a conspiracy theorist. Even when evidence is given that presents the facts.

Our country has been stolen from us and we applaud the thief.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Whether you know it or not. You own nothing in this country. It is owned by the Cooperate Federal Government. You own no wealth of any kind. Your wealth is owned by the Cooperate Federal Government and their subsidiary's called states. From your home to your money you are allowed their use as long as it meets the needs of the government to allow it. The wealth of the nation was stolen in 1934 and all you have now have are certificates of debt. A bunch of promissory notes on a privet bank that has no money of its own and has the right to obligate you for the debt that they incur. Communism
That's not quite accurate. Land is held by fee simple grants from the states or federal governments. The fee is called a "real estate tax". If I cease to pay my real estate taxes, the government may try to collect their taxes by forcing the sale of the property to someone who promises to pay them. If the sale succeeds I can be evicted and the government gets their fee. It's similar to a feudal system where the monarch owned all the lands. There, when a feudal subject did not pay their "rents" they were evicted and the lands were awarded to someone else.

All other private property is my own, not the government's.

On the business side, the means of production are usually (though not always) owned by private owners or corporations. In a communistic society, there would be no private owners. In fascism, the government would own all means of production.

Through the years the government has systematically taken away your civil rights. It is like putting a frog in a bucket of cold water. and terning on the heat so the water is heated gradually. The frog never tries to escape but he still gets cooked. He just never knew what was happening to him. The latest form of censer ship is in the travel industry under the guise of homeland security. But America says that is a good thing. If one is willing to give up a liberty for the sake of security, he deserves neither. Our news is managed and put in a context that directs your thinking to ward a desired effect. Even our news is managed. Fascism
I would agree that things are not as libertarian as I would like them, but I find that control of the media benefits any government. The issue is whether any means of accessing real news exists. That is a question I'm not certain any of us has the answer to...

On how many ballots do you see the words, "None of the above." In 1964 there were two men running for president, Lyndon Banes Johnson and Berry Goldwater. I knew Johnson because I lived in the state next door. I believed him to be a crook and I though that He was complicit in the death of John F Kennedy. Berry Goldwater was a free trader bent on selling America for the top dollar. Virtue was not an asset for ether man. This was my first election and was not pleased with the credentials of ether man. I was given the choice of evil and worse. This being my first election I was told that I had no choice but to vote for one of the two. The Democrat and Republican Parties control the election There is no None of the above option. The American public has no real choices but those who are run by the international financiers. Even Democracy is a hoax in this country.
I live in a state, Viriginia, that has "write in" ballots. Those serve a similar purpose to "none of the above" with one good addition - you can write in the name of another candidate, not merely vote against all the official ones...

One solution to a "two party system" is to build one or more viable alternate parties. The difficulty in America has been that we're generally too impatient or too lazy to spend the decades and resources needed to change the system. It's so much less taxing (no pun intended) to sit around and gripe. :(

How is the nation better suited when the nation we have built stands upon lies that prop up the traitorous actions of the government and purposely misleads the innocent. When one does stand for the truth they are ostracized and marginalized as a crack pot. I tell the truth of history and I am told that I am a conspiracy theorist. Even when evidence is given that presents the facts.
Perhaps what labels you as a "conspiracy theorist" is the idea that you use theories about conspiracies to explain the movements of history. If the shoe fits, wear it proudly. But I wouldn't complain about it. :D

Our country has been stolen from us and we applaud the thief.
And "the thief" would be whom, in your view?

elected4ever

Zakath
That's not quite accurate. Land is held by fee simple grants from the states or federal governments. The fee is called a "real estate tax". If I cease to pay my real estate taxes, the government may try to collect their taxes by forcing the sale of the property to someone who promises to pay them. If the sale succeeds I can be evicted and the government gets their fee. It's similar to a feudal system where the monarch owned all the lands. There, when a feudal subject did not pay their "rents" they were evicted and the lands were awarded to someone else.

e4e ----- Suppose you explain where the state got the authority to to tax your property or your income? There is no constitutional bases for ether. If they have such a right then it must be from another source. Can you tell me what that is?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Then Judges will most likely have very little to do, because the number of people who would actually report anything is very small, because busybodies and tattletales make up a very small percentage of the population.
With the death penalty for those acts in place, there will be much fewer people with the stones to attempt to engage in such acts.
The death penalty only has teeth if you can quarantee that scofflaws will be caught. See above comment about busybodies and tattletales.
Because of the great fun of knowing that just having Biblical laws on the books tweaks the noses of people like you.
Why should I care what Biblical laws are on the books? The chances of me getting caught are practicaly nil. And I'm certainly not going to report someone for what they do behind closed doors, as that would require getting to know my neighbors, something I don't do now.

So, tell me: are you in the habit of knocking on your neighbors' doors to see how they're doing? Do you go introduce yourself when someone new moves in, and ask them about themselves? If so, you are rare, because most people don't do that anymore.

And that is where your system fails, because most people Mind Their Own Business. Most people ignore anything that doesn't involve physical injury to persons or property. Those that don't are generally considered busybodies, and are usually not tolerated for very long.

So, if all you want to be smug and say "Ha ha, we Christians are Large and In Charge and you Filthy Heathens™ aren't", if that makes you feel big and important, that's wonderful.

But all the Biblical law in the world is for naught without proactive enforcement.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Suppose you explain where the state got the authority to to tax your property or your income?
State income tax and property taxes are based on state constitutions and the accompanying state legal codes. The actual citations would vary from state to state.

State constitutions were generally drafted by elected representatives of the people and are amendable as necessary.

State laws are generally written by state legislatures, signed by a governor and then implemented by the state law enforcement agencies.

Local laws, regulating the levying and collection of taxes are based on both state and local ordinances.

The federal income tax authority is based in the 16th Amendment to the Constitution.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald
Then Judges will most likely have very little to do...
Therefore, thank you for finally admitting that these part-time judges will not be eating up 90% of the federal budget. You're learning. I'm proud of you. :D

Why should I care what Biblical laws are on the books?
You tell me. You're the one who throws a hissy fit on this forum every time someone merely mentions the word "theonomy."

But all the Biblical law in the world is for naught without proactive enforcement.
The absence of any public gay "pride" parades alone would be worth it.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Therefore, thank you for finally admitting that these part-time judges will not be eating up 90% of the federal budget.
The costs involved have never particularly concerned me.
You tell me. You're the one who throws a hissy fit on this forum every time someone merely mentions the word "theonomy."
That's because the only way it can be effectively enforced is with intrusive police action or informers and snitches. What's the point of having it if you won't enforce it? Trust me, under your regime, adulterers, homosexuals and drug users will be too smart and too careful to get caught. Those that aren't are best removed from the gene pool anyway...

Please, Jefferson, think of all those poor snitches caught spying on me, littering my front yard with their bloody noses and broken limbs.

How can you, in good conscience, consign people to such a fate? Have you no heart? :chuckle:

The absence of any public gay "pride" parades alone would be worth it.
I gather you get a lot of those where you live? Tromping right down the street in front of your house or place of business?

And I suppose you don't have any axe to grind with public Hare Krishna, Muslim or Secular Humanist "pride" parades...?

You might want to consider moving...
:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.