Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Dr. Michael Brown Interview on Bob Enyart Live

This is the show from Tuesday October 29th, 2013

Summary:

Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Brown on his article, What the Sex-Change Industry Doesn't Tell You. Dr. Brown is also the author of A Queer Thing Happened To America. After many years on air and opposing the homosexual agenda, both men have insightful anecdotes about what is going on in the culture and in the mind of homosexuals.

gcthomas

Rather than the 'insightful' anecdotes about what goes on inside homosexuals' heads, perhaps they could have invited a homosexual onto the show to give more reliable opinions?

gcthomas

Feel free to speak for them, as I'm quite certain you've spent many an hour around them.

Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. It's hard to know, since they are the same as the rest of us (no horns or serpent tails, etc!) and since I don't discuss sexuality whenever I meet new people, how can I know?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Rather than the 'insightful' anecdotes about what goes on inside homosexuals' heads, perhaps they could have invited a homosexual onto the show to give more reliable opinions?
Because homos are incapable of lying?

gcthomas

Because homos are incapable of lying?

You do write the most odd things, LH. And do you think Brown and Enyart actually know how homosexual people think? Given the rabid bigotry and gross assumptions based on their own religious positions, I think not.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You do write the most odd things, LH. And do you think Brown and Enyart actually know how homosexual people think? Given the rabid bigotry and gross assumptions based on their own religious positions, I think not.
I've never met Brown, but I do know Bob. And I used to watch his TV show when it aired here in IN. And back then I thought of him exactly as you do. I was convinced he was nothing more than a bigot akin to Fred Phelps. I felt that way for years, even at the time I joined TOL, at the behest of Jefferson here.

Then a moderator [who no longer participates, as he no longer has the time due to family obligations] suggested I watch a specific video of Bob ministering directly to a homosexual man. It was a collection of segments from a series of episodes of the show, that I did not see all those years ago [as I only watched a few episodes before I wrote Bob off], wherein Bob was on the phone with a man named Terry. In the beginning Bob came off as I remembered him and I had been raised that that approach could never work to bring a homosexual to Christ. I watched the entire video and learned I was very wrong.

As for the thought process of homosexuals, I know it well. I am closer to the whole thing than you might think. Not only did I grow up around very openly homosexual people [my mother's friends, whom she met either through her lesbian sister or through those she met through her sister], I also know many former homosexuals thanks to my father and his being one.

I have seen first hand the behaviors that many may not even associate with homosexuals that are present in each and every one of them. And the psychology they don't even recognize in themselves, but is clearly present if you pay attention and know what you're seeing.

gcthomas

I've never met Brown, but I do know Bob. And I used to watch his TV show when it aired here in IN. And back then I thought of him exactly as you do. I was convinced he was nothing more than a bigot akin to Fred Phelps. I felt that way for years, even at the time I joined TOL, at the behest of Jefferson here.

Then a moderator [who no longer participates, as he no longer has the time due to family obligations] suggested I watch a specific video of Bob ministering directly to a homosexual man. It was a collection of segments from a series of episodes of the show, that I did not see all those years ago [as I only watched a few episodes before I wrote Bob off], wherein Bob was on the phone with a man named Terry. In the beginning Bob came off as I remembered him and I had been raised that that approach could never work to bring a homosexual to Christ. I watched the entire video and learned I was very wrong.

As for the thought process of homosexuals, I know it well. I am closer to the whole thing than you might think. Not only did I grow up around very openly homosexual people [my mother's friends, whom she met either through her lesbian sister or through those she met through her sister], I also know many former homosexuals thanks to my father and his being one.

Thanks for the detailed answer.

I have seen first hand the behaviors that many may not even associate with homosexuals that are present in each and every one of them. And the psychology they don't even recognize in themselves, but is clearly present if you pay attention and know what you're seeing.

You must be careful not to project onto people the characteristics you are sure are there and are keen to see there. Those sorts of observations are not necessarily the most reliable, even amongst unreliable anectdotal evidences.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dr. Michael Brown Interview on Bob Enyart Live

This is the show from Tuesday October 29th, 2013

Summary:

Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Brown on his article, What the Sex-Change Industry Doesn't Tell You. Dr. Brown is also the author of A Queer Thing Happened To America. After many years on air and opposing the homosexual agenda, both men have insightful anecdotes about what is going on in the culture and in the mind of homosexuals.

This is unintentionally hilarious.:rotfl:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You must be careful not to project onto people the characteristics you are sure are there and are keen to see there. Those sorts of observations are not necessarily the most reliable, even amongst unreliable anectdotal evidences.
When someone is acting like a selfish brat who hasn't learned to grow up and be an adult it's pretty obvious.

Christian Liberty

Michael Brown and Bob Enyart are both radical free-willers, so I don't really take them seriously.

Enyart doesn't even believe God knows the future. Michael Brown, like Dave Hunt, doesn't even believe God can save the damned, otherwise he wouldn't be loving.

What more do I need to say? In contrast to what they teach is the Bible

Mark 4:12, John 6:37-44, John 10:15-27 Romans 8:28-35 Romans 9:6-30 Isaiah 10:5-19

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Wow. I'm sorry that you as a child had to deal with such horrors.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Oooh! Hark at the name calling!

Handbags at dawn then, is it, LH?

:chuckle:
:AMR:

Enyart, like Dave Hunt, doesn't even believe God can save the damned, otherwise he wouldn't be loving.
Well, that's a basket full of lies.

Edit: to clear up any misunderstandings of my knowledge of what Bob believes, and to note that CL did edit his post to fix a mistake of his own, wherein he used Enyart's name by mistake, making my response moot.

Last edited:

Christian Liberty

I need to go back to the Battle Royal with Bob about Open Theism to show Lighthouse how Bob responded to knowing the future.

It is my understanding of OV, God does not know the future.

Correct.

@Lighthouse- Michael Brown actually did say that God isn't loving if he doesn't save everyone he can save. I heard him say it during a debate with a Calvinistic pastor on Long Island. I was actually there in person when he said it. Dave Hunt says the same thing when debating James White in their book "Debating Calvinism." Back when I heard/read those statements I was some sort of hybrid three-pointer, not even a real Calvinist, and I still thought that was like one of the most blasphemous things I had ever heard.

But... it was Michael Brown, not Enyart. Sorry about that.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I need to go back to the Battle Royal with Bob about Open Theism to show Lighthouse how Bob responded to knowing the future.

It is my understanding of OV, God does not know the future.
I am an open theist. I know the stance, and I know that Bob agrees with it. That was not the issue. His claiming that Bob does not believe God knows the future was not the portion I referred to as a basket of lies. My formatting of the quote may have misconstrued that to the unobservant who doesn't know that I am an open theist. CL knows I am, and therefore he understood my intention.

Correct.

@Lighthouse- Michael Brown actually did say that God isn't loving if he doesn't save everyone he can save. I heard him say it during a debate with a Calvinistic pastor on Long Island. I was actually there in person when he said it. Dave Hunt says the same thing when debating James White in their book "Debating Calvinism." Back when I heard/read those statements I was some sort of hybrid three-pointer, not even a real Calvinist, and I still thought that was like one of the most blasphemous things I had ever heard.

But... it was Michael Brown, not Enyart. Sorry about that.
That's fine, as I was not concerned with your accusations against Brown, since I don't know enough about him to know his positions on such things.

Christian Liberty

I am an open theist. I know the stance, and I know that Bob agrees with it. That was not the issue. His claiming that Bob does not believe God knows the future was not the portion I referred to as a basket of lies. My formatting of the quote may have misconstrued that to the unobservant who doesn't know that I am an open theist. CL knows I am, and therefore he understood my intention.

Yeah, I knew what you meant.

That's fine, as I was not concerned with your accusations against Brown, since I don't know enough about him to know his positions on such things.

You know Bob better than I do, of course. I don't know if Michael Brown really believes that God can't save those who are never saved, but he certainly said so. Dave Hunt uses the same argument in "Debating Calvinism."

I honestly can't help laughing at these people because their god is a total idiot. See here:

http://triablogue.blogspot.com/2007/11/why-arminian-god-is-not-just-pansy-but.html

Even the open theist god should be able to rearrange the stars, so if he really wnats everyone to be saved, why doesn't he?

That's yet another reason Calvinism is the only soteriology worth the time of day.