Dont Loose Salvation Because Of Bitter Envy

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Bitter envy
Heb 12:14-15
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
Acts 8:22-23
22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.
23 "For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity."
Eph 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
Luke 6:41-49
41 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?
42 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye.
43 "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44 "For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
49 "But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."
1 Pet 2:15-17
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
Matt 7:1-5
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
(NKJ)
XXX Bitter envy will destroy your walk. If there is any bitterness towards another dont talk to that person until you get rid of the bitterness. The devil will have you judging him and bearing false witness against him. And dont be deceived into thinking that someone elses boldness is pride. If they are bold enough to quote the Word of God that is the Holy Spirit leading them. Bitterness is an unclean spirit that is tormenting you. If you give into that unclean spirit the same spirit will also give you a good feeling. Because you feed him. Every time you give into an unclean spirit he gets alittle stronger. Every time you resist him he gets alittle weaker.

John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9-13
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
(NKJ)
xxx Many Christians will loose their salvation because of bitter envy.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Many Christians will loose their salvation because of gossip with a friend that is full of bitter envy.

1 Tim 5:13
13 And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are a lot in here that are full of bitter envy. You can tell it in their sarcasm. I have tried to warn them the more they give into it, the more spirituality they purge out of them.

Mark 4:24-25
24 Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
25 "For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."
(NKJ)

GusRowland

I struggle with bitterness and envy..I know it's wrong and because I am weak I fail to repent of it. I'm the oldest of 3 sisters. I'm raising the middle sister's children and she takes no responsibility for them. My folks and I have all responsibility outside of legal custody. My sister is a drug addict. She does not have the mental capacity anymore to raise children. So I have accepted the fact that I am going to raise her kids for a long time. What has me bitter is her lack of appreciation for all her family does for kids and herself. I am jealous of the fact that she can do all she wants with no regard for anyone but her. I envy the fact that she doesn't have to do anything but take care of herself. Due to my parents work schedules I am bound to this house and the kids. I can't visit the cpl friends I have..And various other things..I can't have a job to be able to support myself or even contribute to the house..This has me very bitter and seeing green...The flip side is I know God put me in this situation for a very good reason..I have the ability to start a business although slow going I am not flat broke..The kids are taken care of and I don't have a need for worry..But I struggle with my wants and God's plan. I fail to fully trust Him. And I fail to show my gratitude for what is given to me. I'm struggling with it..I don't repent because I'm held back by my bitterness..It's so easy to just be angry and hateful..I really need Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I struggle with bitterness and envy..I know it's wrong and because I am weak I fail to repent of it. I'm the oldest of 3 sisters. I'm raising the middle sister's children and she takes no responsibility for them. My folks and I have all responsibility outside of legal custody. My sister is a drug addict. She does not have the mental capacity anymore to raise children. So I have accepted the fact that I am going to raise her kids for a long time. What has me bitter is her lack of appreciation for all her family does for kids and herself. I am jealous of the fact that she can do all she wants with no regard for anyone but her. I envy the fact that she doesn't have to do anything but take care of herself. Due to my parents work schedules I am bound to this house and the kids. I can't visit the cpl friends I have..And various other things..I can't have a job to be able to support myself or even contribute to the house..This has me very bitter and seeing green...The flip side is I know God put me in this situation for a very good reason..I have the ability to start a business although slow going I am not flat broke..The kids are taken care of and I don't have a need for worry..But I struggle with my wants and God's plan. I fail to fully trust Him. And I fail to show my gratitude for what is given to me. I'm struggling with it..I don't repent because I'm held back by my bitterness..It's so easy to just be angry and hateful..I really need Jesus.

I said
Yes you do need Jesus. Because you fail to see the blessing in what God is doing for you. When God is teaching someone something the bitterness will keep them from recognizing the love of God. God is showing you all them unclean spirits in you. You are wanted to separate from them. God wants you to separate from them. You are resisting and that is what you are suppose to do. And after you have suffered awhile He will establish, strengthen and settle you. What you must hang on to is that good comes out of everything to those who love the Lord.

1 Pet 5:10
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
(NKJ)

James 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:3
3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:10
10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
(NKJ)

You just have to hold onto the fact that God is blessing you. Not your sister.

GusRowland

I said
Yes you do need Jesus. Because you fail to see the blessing in what God is doing for you. When God is teaching someone something the bitterness will keep them from recognizing the love of God. God is showing you all them unclean spirits in you. You are wanted to separate from them. God wants you to separate from them. You are resisting and that is what you are suppose to do. And after you have suffered awhile He will establish, strengthen and settle you. What you must hang on to is that good comes out of everything to those who love the Lord.

1 Pet 5:10
10But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
(NKJ)

James 4:7
7Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:3
3You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:10
10Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
(NKJ)

You just have to hold onto the fact that God is blessing you. Not your sister.
Thank you for these verses. :) You are right. I am glad I am aware of where I am wrong..But I also know that it doesn't mean anything if I don't correct it..Thank God for his grace and patience.

Sent from my Z716BL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for these verses. :) You are right. I am glad I am aware of where I am wrong..But I also know that it doesn't mean anything if I don't correct it..Thank God for his grace and patience.

I said
I'm glad you understand. Now go read the revelation I posted on the law of love. It will explain that you are walking in your love of Jesus by suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly.

GusRowland

I said
I'm glad you understand. Now go read the revelation I posted on love. It will explain that you are walking in your love of Jesus by suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly.
I'm sorry, which thread would that be? I do infact want to read it. Still learning to navigate this site/app..Thank you again!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Crucifying the flesh with ALL its emotions are the only way to get into the Spirit. Bitterness is an unclean spirit.

Gal 5:24-26
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have seen so many come defiled because of bitter envy. It always shows in the insults . Maybe I shouldn't play with them so much. But when the Spirit tells me not to cast my pearls before the swine. It just seems humorous to me.

oatmeal

So how does scripture define salvation? What is the difference between the gift of salvation/eternal life and fellowship? Did Jesus Christ die for all our sins or did he forget to die to pay for the sin of envy? Just as earthly birth is the beginning point with maturity to be learned, likewise being born again of God's incorruptible seed is the beginning point for maturing in Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So how does scripture define salvation? What is the difference between the gift of salvation/eternal life and fellowship? Did Jesus Christ die for all our sins or did he forget to die to pay for the sin of envy? Just as earthly birth is the beginning point with maturity to be learned, likewise being born again of God's incorruptible seed is the beginning point for maturing in Christ.

I said
The first thing you should know is that salvation is not a free gift. You must work out your salvation.

II Jn 1:8
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
Heb 5:8-9
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;