ECT Does the love of God have to be in us?

Jamie Gigliotti

"But I know that you do not have the love of God within you." John 5:42

Must His love be in us?

If it is in us, won't it naturally overflow to those around us?

What good would a person's thoughts be about God's existence if our hearts and souls have not connected to and been filled with His love?

Last edited:

Truster

Must His love be in us?

Many today talk about the love of Elohim who a strangers to Elohim. The same people think His love is the same as the sentimental sloppy love that most people are familiar with.

Cross Reference

Many today talk about the love of Elohim who a strangers to Elohim. The same people think His love is the same as the sentimental sloppy love that most people are familiar with.

Elohim gave Jesus a Name higher than even His. Why do you suppose that?

oatmeal

Must His love be in us?

Yes, it must, if we are to manifest that love, we must have it to give.

It is in us, but unless we live by Biblical truths, that love of God in us remains stagnant, inert.

We must choose to do God's will because we love God, then that love will be known by others, but only to the degree or proportion that we are doing God's will, not our own.

False Prophet

Those who walk after the Spirit of God are the sons of God.
By sending his Son to be an offering for sin, God used a human life to destroy sin. 4 He did this so that we could be the kind of people the law correctly wants us to be. Now we do not live following our sinful selves, but we live following the Spirit. Ro 8
By this the children of God and the children of the Devil are manifest; those who do not do what is righteous are not of God.

Truster

Elohim is a plural Name for God. Don't play silly games you can't possibly win..

If you consider addressing the Eternal Almighty correctly as being a silly game then I really feel sorry for you. All you can do against the truth is to Google and whatever you find on the WWW you accept, but you cannot accept the truth.

If you are a true Christian, you are born of the Holy Spirit, and, therefore, the Spirit of God dwells in you, in which case, you have the love of God in you. Probably not a question requiring differential equations to resolve?

Cross Reference

If you consider addressing the Eternal Almighty correctly as being a silly game then I really feel sorry for you. All you can do against the truth is to Google and whatever you find on the WWW you accept, but you cannot accept the truth.

<another one> So what is the truth that can be supported from scripture otherwise, ditto R. Divider reply.

PureX

Many modern conservative Christians worship power, and authority, and guile. They despise love as weakness, and "sloppy emotionalism". They think and sound like fascists, instead of Christians, because they have identified themselves with fascist conservative politics. It's a sad thing to witness, but these are the times we are living in.

revpete

Many modern conservative Christians worship power, and authority, and guile. They despise love as weakness, and "sloppy emotionalism". They think and sound like fascists, instead of Christians, because they have identified themselves with fascist conservative politics. It's a sad thing to witness, but these are the times we are living in.

I agree. The agape love can only be manifested by The Holy Spirit in the believer. No agape love, no Holy Spirit, none of His.

Pete 👤

Jamie Gigliotti

How would you describe it?

I would say Jesus defined it by the sacrificial love He demonstrated at the Cross.

1 Corinthians 13 seems to be a pretty comprhensive defintion.

Jamie Gigliotti

Yes, it must, if we are to manifest that love, we must have it to give.

It is in us, but unless we live by Biblical truths, that love of God in us remains stagnant, inert.

We must choose to do God's will because we love God, then that love will be known by others, but only to the degree or proportion that we are doing God's will, not our own.
Your first statement is the point Jesus seemed to be making. If His love is inside of someone it will be noticeable by what a person says and does.

Someone can't give what they don't have.

Jamie Gigliotti

If you are a true Christian, you are born of the Holy Spirit, and, therefore, the Spirit of God dwells in you, in which case, you have the love of God in you. Probably not a question requiring differential equations to resolve?
So you agree that a 'true Christian' will demonstrate some evidence of that love being in them?

Jamie Gigliotti

It seems there are a lot of people who identify as Christian but do not have the love of God and Christ and their Spirit inside of them, sadly.

Jamie Gigliotti

Those who walk after the Spirit of God are the sons of God.
By sending his Son to be an offering for sin, God used a human life to destroy sin. 4 He did this so that we could be the kind of people the law correctly wants us to be. Now we do not live following our sinful selves, but we live following the Spirit. Ro 8
By this the children of God and the children of the Devil are manifest; those who do not do what is righteous are not of God.

That's what His word says.

Jamie Gigliotti

It's seems there is no one refuting that God's love by His grace needs to be in us, He himself in us and overflowing to others around us.

Praying we are in agreement on that, because that is what God is all about love. Proved at the Cross.

God's love and and grace be with you all!

So you agree that a 'true Christian' will demonstrate some evidence of that love being in them?

Yes, believe this absolutely, though people are at different places in development, being a Christian not being free of possibilities to sin, therefore a Christian can be unloving at times. Like your caveat "some evidence" for this reason. But I believe, and has been my experience, a Christian grows in sanctity over time, is led and disciplined by God, of course the Holy Spirit the power of God and not impotent in the life of a true Christian. (Scripture even speaks to the Lord's chastisement of His children in Hebrews 12. A true Christian learns and grows, one way or another.)

It's a fundamental question, to my mind, how anybody of the Spirit can fail to have evidence of the Spirit. From what I see there are many fake Christians, of some unrepentant religion they call Christianity, but showing no real signs of spiritual life, and you see this in lack of understanding of scripture, legalistic religious systems, as well as rancor, all over message boards. This is your proverbial "faith without works is dead," which has nothing to do with works salvation, rather a true Christian will show some evidence of being Spirit-filled. One preacher asked his congregation, "If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" If not, it's time to evaluate whether one is even saved.

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.