ECT Does it get any duller than this?

DAN P

Are you assuming that repentance and baptism are works that did save people in the past?

Hi and Matt 3:2 , 6 they came confessing their sins , it that what you did ??

And in verse 7 John refused to Water Baptize the Pharisees and Sadducees , who has WARNED you of the WRATH TO COME , so what was that WRATH ??

In verse 8 the P AND S had to bring works that proved their REPENTANCE !!

In Acts 26:20 Repentance is called works , do you believe IT ??

dan p

andyc

Hi and Matt 3:2 , 6 they came confessing their sins , it that what you did ??

And in verse 7 John refused to Water Baptize the Pharisees and Sadducees , who has WARNED you of the WRATH TO COME , so what was that WRATH ??

In verse 8 the P AND S had to bring works that proved their REPENTANCE !!

In Acts 26:20 Repentance is called works , do you believe IT ??

dan p

Er, no. Repentance is a change of heart from sinner to saint.
Works show that a change of heart has taken place.

andyc

Hi and lets have a verse for the above , please ?

dan p

You don't need a verse, it should be too obvious. "Repentance" means "turn". If a person turns, they are heading in a different direction.
The direction is a righteous way of life rather than the old life of sin. Acts 26:17-19

DAN P

You don't need a verse, it should be too obvious. "Repentance" means "turn". If a person turns, they are heading in a different direction.
The direction is a righteous way of life rather than the old life of sin. Acts 26:17-19

Hi and in Acts 26:20 it reads that REPENTANCE MEANS WORKS , and repentance means a CHANGE OF MIND or a CHANGE OF DIRECTION or a 180 degree turn or what about a CHANGE OF HEART or EMOTIONS !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi . and what verse are you using and when does ANANIAS know what saved by grace mean , as Ananais only about water baptism and that is what Acts 22:12 says , and that was the LAW !!

Read Acts Acts 9:17 and 18 and see how Paul was BAPTIZED and was filled with HOLY Spirit POWER !!

I do not see the Greek word for WATER / HUDOR used here at all , do you and since Paul was the FIRST / PROTO saved by Grace no WATER / HUDOR was used !!

dan p

So you think the Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit under the dispensation of the law??

LA

DAN P

So you think the Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit under the dispensation of the law??

LA

Hi and NO !!

If you do not Paul was the first one saved by GRACE of God as Gal 1:15 and called by His Grace and was SEPARATED ( which is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE ) than who was ??

Paul was never baptized with water BUT was baptized with Holy Spirit power in Acts 17 says as the Greek article ( THE ) is not used and then means the POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT and if you do not know how important the Greek word THE is , check any Greek word and see !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and in Acts 26:20 it reads that REPENTANCE MEANS WORKS , and repentance means a CHANGE OF MIND or a CHANGE OF DIRECTION or a 180 degree turn or what about a CHANGE OF HEART or EMOTIONS !!

dan p

Acts 26:20 does not assume that repentance means works. Repentance is a response to grace, and the works are works of faith, not the law.

DAN P

Acts 26:20 does not assume that repentance means works. Repentance is a response to grace, and the works are works of faith, not the law.

Hi and Acts 26:20 says WORKS and where does it say GRACE ?

Does it say GRACE in Matt 3:8 , it does NOT !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and Acts 26:20 says WORKS and where does it say GRACE ?

Does it say GRACE in Matt 3:8 , it does NOT !!

dan p

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

What kind of works is Paul talking about here?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and NO !!

If you do not Paul was the first one saved by GRACE of God as Gal 1:15 and called by His Grace and was SEPARATED ( which is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE ) than who was ??

Paul was never baptized with water BUT was baptized with Holy Spirit power in Acts 17 says as the Greek article ( THE ) is not used and then means the POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT and if you do not know how important the Greek word THE is , check any Greek word and see !!

dan p

You really shoudn't try to teach anything from the Bible when you are not in His covenant of Grace--

---Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Paul--

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Truster

Hi and NO !!

dan p

There were others in Paul's family that were in Messiah before him.

In Messiah = saved.

DAN P

There were others in Paul's family that were in Messiah before him.

In Messiah = saved.

Hi and what is confusing to all , is Rom 16:7 , when Paul says that some were " in Christ " before Paul !!

When you read Rom 16:8-15 you can see all those who were " in Christ " and many say that verse 13 also is speaking about Paul's own mother !!

The B O C was not yet in operation so that these mention in Rom 7-15 COULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE B O C !~

dan p

Truster

Hi and what is confusing to all , is Rom 16:7 , when Paul says that some were " in Christ " before Paul !!

When you read Rom 16:8-15 you can see all those who were " in Christ " and many say that verse 13 also is speaking about Paul's own mother !!

The B O C was not yet in operation so that these mention in Rom 7-15 COULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE B O C !~

dan p

Where I live BOC means British Oxygen Company. I take it you mean something else. Either use words or don't bother replying.

DAN P

Where I live BOC means British Oxygen Company. I take it you mean something else. Either use words or don't bother replying.

Hi and B O C means the Body of Christ and you have a number of others you can complain to as I has the problem so get off your high horse !!

dan p

Truster

Hi and B O C means the Body of Christ and you have a number of others you can complain to as I has the problem so get off your high horse !!

dan p

In the original post I answered you weren't using such nonsense. If I see others are I don't venture a comment. It's not a high horse it's a delight in communication that we obviously don't share.

DAN P

In the original post I answered you weren't using such nonsense. If I see others are I don't venture a comment. It's not a high horse it's a delight in communication that we obviously don't share.

Hi and let's forget it and just do not reply to my posts , should I use the B O C again !!

dan p