Does bob b believe supernatural/paranormal events occur today?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gerald said:
Don't change the subject, you!

Either point me to a verifiable paranormal/supernatural/divine event that has occurred within the last 50 years or amscray! :sozo2:

I wonder how one could "verify" that something was a miracle. Seems to me that all of the miracles in scripture were denied by some of the people who had witnessed them. They just came up with other explanations.

Not wanting to believe in God is something not restricted to modern times.

BTW, how do you like my nurse?

She was helping me into my wheelchair when someone snapped a photo of us.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
bob b said:
Yes, she's a real nurse. Pretty too.

But not as pretty as my wife (in case she's listening in). :chuckle:

:chuckle:

Great picture!

fool

Hall of Fame
bob b said:

I always pictured you in a cowboy hat for some reason

Real Sorceror

EDIT: Wow, several people have given me some major negative responses for this post.
I honestly wasn't trying to disrespect bob b. It was a jest, and it seems my tone didn't carry over in the post.
If I offended anyone, it was completely unintential.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real Sorceror said:
All this time I've been beating an old man in a wheelchair? :shocked:
Great, now I have guilt. :(
Don't feel guilty... you haven't "beatin' " much of anything as far as I can tell.

Real Sorceror

Knight said:
Don't feel guilty... you haven't "beatin' " much of anything as far as I can tell.
All this time I've been getting my hat handed to me by an old guy in a wheelchair? :shocked:
Great, now I have shame. :chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
bob b said:
I wonder how one could "verify" that something was a miracle.
That is the problem of those who claim that they occur...
Seems to me that all of the miracles in scripture were denied by some of the people who had witnessed them. They just came up with other explanations.

Not wanting to believe in God is something not restricted to modern times.
You're putting the cart before the horse there.

First, it must be demonstrated that a given event is supernatural/paranormal/divine at all. Then and only then can one move on to analyze whether said event is the result of activity of the particular entity one venerates.
Looks like a nurse to me.
If you say so...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
billwald said:
Define "miracle." A highly improbable event? Like winning the lottery?
For the purpose of this thread, "miracle" is defined as "a verifiable event which is attributable only to supernatural/paranormal/divine agency".

Gerald

Resident Fiend
billwald said:
Then there has been none for the last couple thousand years that I know about.
And yet some folks around here insist that such things still happen, but at the same time refuse to point to any particular event.

Why do you suppose that is...? :think:

Last edited:

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gerald said:
And yet some folks around here insist that such things still happen, but at the same time refuse to point to any particular event.

Why do you suppose that is...? :think:

It is (except in the mind of Gerald), because some take the position that if God wanted to perform a miracle today He could, but that does not necessarily mean that He would leave evidence that could be trotted out and shown to those whose hearts are so hardened that they refuse to believe the obvious.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
bob b said:
It is (except in the mind of Gerald), because some take the position that if God wanted to perform a miracle today He could, but that does not necessarily mean that He would leave evidence that could be trotted out and shown to those whose hearts are so hardened that they refuse to believe the obvious.
"The obvious" here being defined as:

"There exists an undetectable entity responible for willing reality into existence, who loves Gerald and genuinely cares about what happens to him, and who is saddened when Gerald insists on rejecting him."

Does that about cover it, bob?

If "the obvious" is as obvious as you say, it should be readily evident no matter how hard my heart is. You know, like gravity?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Thread bumped for bowhunter, who claims to have examples demonstrating that supernatural/paranormal events do occur today.

He also claims that the Bible and philosophy are the only tools he needs to accomplish this; it will be most interesting to see how he gets around the verifiability problem.