docrob57 put your money where your mouth is.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
docrob57, has continually stated that I am going to hell. docrob57 states that I am going to hell because I believe that my future is not settled in advance.

One of the many examples...
docrob57 said:
I have stated that I do not beleive that OVers are saved
Yet docrob57 has failed to give ONE SINGLE shred of biblical evidence to back up his claim.

When I ask Docrob to substantiate his claims the best he has done is re-assert that I am going to hell. Not once has he attempted to make a biblically substantiated argument to back-up his wild assertion.

I therefore assert that docrob57 is a divisive brother brother and should repent and apologize to me (and others).

The Bible says....

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

Yet Docrob believes only Calvinists can go to heaven.

Docrob, what gospel do you preach that supersedes the gospel that Paul preached? Docrob where in the Bible does it state that even if you have accepted God's gift of salvation you are not saved?

Tell me Docrob, I really think you owe it to all of us.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Docrob, what must one do to be saved?
Nothing! except be lucky enough to be one of the elect!

(sorry for answering for docrob. :noid: )

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Nothing! except be lucky enough to be one of the elect!

(sorry for answering for docrob. :noid: )
I know you are just sorta having fun but what then must one do to become part of the elect?

What does the Bible say?

RayOfLight

I asked made the following question for all those who hold to his opinions when I started the topic "are open theists heretics". Yet, I now ask for docrob in particular to answer these now.

Steve Gregg asks:

How do you define the word 'heretic'? What must a person believe to be a heretic, or to not be one? Where did you derive your definition, or how do you justify it? If Boyd (and all Open Theists) is not really a heretic, but actually is a brother in Christ, don't you fear that you may be guilty of calling "unclean" what God calls "clean," and, thus, sinfully dividing the body of Christ? Greg Boyd (and many Open Theists) are followers of Christ, as near as I can tell. Do you know otherwise?

Thanks docrob, as I trust that you, a person with integrety, will carefully consider and answer these questions.

swanca99

Knight said:
I know you are just sorta having fun but what then must one do to become part of the elect?

What does the Bible say?

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." - Acts 16:31

"...give diligence to make your calling and election sure..." - 2 Peter 1: 1-12

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very good Swanca...
swanca99 said:
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." - Acts 16:31
And what to believe?

...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9

Peter had a lot of nerve telling us we had anything to do with our own election eh?

That verse must drive you Calvinists nuts! :chuckle:

swanca99

Thanks, Knight.

Knight said:

Actually, I am a Calvinist.

This passage is one indication that things aren't really all that cut and dry.

And I'm very thankful for this passage, especially when speaking with a non-Christian who has had too much exposure to Calvinism.

Last edited:

Machaira

Knight said:

Why would it? What Peter takes many verses to say, Paul say in two.

Phi 2:12 . . . work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,
Phi 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Knight said:
"...Peter had a lot of nerve telling us we had anything to do with our own election eh?

He doesn't say we had anything to do with our own election. He is saying that if you think you're elect then act like it. Peter is only reminding them to exercise what God has already 'granted' them, (vs. 3), which is the same point Paul makes in Philippians. Allow me to highlight the pertinent points in your passage.

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness . . .

2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith . . .

2Pe 1:8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing . . .

2Pe 1:10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

2Pe 1:12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities . . .

2Pe 1:13 I think it right, as long as I am in this body, to stir you up by way of reminder . . .

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
docrob57, has continually stated that I am going to hell. docrob57 states that I am going to hell because I believe that my future is not settled in advance.

One of the many examples...Yet docrob57 has failed to give ONE SINGLE shred of biblical evidence to back up his claim.

When I ask Docrob to substantiate his claims the best he has done is re-assert that I am going to hell. Not once has he attempted to make a biblically substantiated argument to back-up his wild assertion.

I therefore assert that docrob57 is a divisive brother brother and should repent and apologize to me (and others).

The Bible says....

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

Docrob, what gospel do you preach that supersedes the gospel that Paul preached? Docrob where in the Bible does it state that even if you have accepted God's gift of salvation you are not saved?

I'm not docrob57 . . .

I believe what "The Bible says" . . . Romans 10:8-11 is gospel in the simplest of terms.

And rounding it out . . .

12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:12-13

That is all I wanted to add :)

RayOfLight

Machaira,

Concerning Phil. 2:12-13.

First, man operates on three levels, spirit, soul, and body. The spirit is that which is conscious of God. The soul is that which is conscious of self, and the body is that which is related to the physical world.

1 Thess 5:23 - Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When man is born again, or born of the Spirit, this life of God and birth takes place in the spirit of man.

John 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Rom 8:16 - The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

From this point, then should Phi 2:12-13 be understood. In all actuality, this passage comes into play for the believer rather than something that applies to those dead in tresspasses, which the context verifies, and this salvation spoken of here is the salvation of the Christian's soul. This is co-operative and relational, with God who takes the initiative. Paul here is saying what God has done "in" you, work it "out" of you, meaning, let what God has done on the inside of you, in your spirit which is God recreating you and imparting His uncreated life in that new creation

Jas 1:21 - Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

1 Pet 1:9 - ...receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.

Machaira

RayOfLight said:
Machaira,

Concerning Phil. 2:12-13.

In all actuality, this passage comes into play for the believer . . .

That's exactly right.

RayOfLight said:
This is co-operative and relational, with God who takes the initiative. Paul here is saying what God has done "in" you, work it "out" of you, meaning, let what God has done on the inside of you, in your spirit which is God recreating you and imparting His uncreated life in that new creation

You're starting to sound like a good Calvinist.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Machaira said:
He is saying that if you think you're elect then act like it.
Do they have a choice? :think:

Is the future open enough for the elect to act, or not act, as God wishes?

Kimberlyann

Knight said:

One of the many examples...Yet docrob57 has failed to give ONE SINGLE shred of biblical evidence to back up his claim.

The Bible says....

“No man can say that Christ is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” I Cor. 12:3

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us, that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in the present world.” Titus 2:11, 12

Machaira

Knight said:
Do they have a choice? :think:

Can you still sin after regeneration? Yes? I think you have your answer.

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness . . .

2Pe 1:12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have.