Do you understand this metadata issue?

lighthouse99

i have been watching news for some time now, mostly Fox, and i feel i am still somewhat confused.

But this is what i say based on the info i have right now

I dont think we needed that program. Here's how it apparently works:

if the gov finds you suspicious somehow, or even if they don't, they can check out your phone calls. They dont listen in (but they could, i believe) but they track your calling habits. Example: you go to the grocery store every Friday, from which you call your home to check on your kids (who we hope are old enough to be left alone for a time). Every Sunday you go to X church or synagogue or whatever. Then on November 10, you called a gynecologist. On December 1, you call the gyn dr again. Then you call your Republican congressman 20 times in a month

Get it?

They find out a lot about you through meta data

Thank you Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for not going for that lame excuse that it helps w/ security

if it helped with security, San Bernardino wouldn't have happened, as that program was in place at that time

:shocked:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Metadata - data concerning data

Counting your posts here and the topics you post to without reading your actual posts can lead to plausible conclusions about your interests, hence, metadata.

AMR

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i have been watching news for some time now, mostly Fox, and i feel i am still somewhat confused.

But this is what i say based on the info i have right now

I dont think we needed that program. Here's how it apparently works:

if the gov finds you suspicious somehow, or even if they don't, they can check out your phone calls. They dont listen in (but they could, i believe) but they track your calling habits. Example: you go to the grocery store every Friday, from which you call your home to check on your kids (who we hope are old enough to be left alone for a time). Every Sunday you go to X church or synagogue or whatever. Then on November 10, you called a gynecologist. On December 1, you call the gyn dr again. Then you call your Republican congressman 20 times in a month

Get it?

They find out a lot about you through meta data

Thank you Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for not going for that lame excuse that it helps w/ security

if it helped with security, San Bernardino wouldn't have happened, as that program was in place at that time

You remind me of republicanchick

Mocking You

Did you know there are cameras inside your cable box and the government is watching you?