Do you believe God Gives Visions and Dreams

Lowly one

Is this for now?

Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Are these people deceivers?
https://youtu.be/tqgO14gKNJ4

Right Divider

Body part
No, it is not for now.

Also, the context of Joel is totally and completely about the nation of Israel.

For example, note the verse right before 2:28

Joe 2:27 KJV And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
So the context of the 2:28 is after the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth.

DAN P

Is this for now?

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Are these people deceivers?
https://youtu.be/tqgO14gKNJ4

Hi and Acts 2:16-20 is a repeat of coming events predicted by Joel 2:28-32 and as RD said it is for Israel , ONLY , PERIOD !

dan p

Lon

Tough one. While I agree generally with the above, the Spirit does lead us and gives us direction having prepared and planned our spiritual contribution in the world for us Ephesians 2:10. It might not be given in the same sense that the prophets and apostles saw physical manifestations, but people are compelled by the Spirit to lead others' to Christ, to share the scriptures with another and etc. Planning is part of all believer's lives (or should be) and so we should follow the leading of the Spirit in the direction God has for us.

Right Divider

Body part
Tough one. While I agree generally with the above, the Spirit does lead us and gives us direction having prepared and planned our spiritual contribution in the world for us Ephesians 2:10. It might not be given in the same sense that the prophets and apostles saw physical manifestations, but people are compelled by the Spirit to lead others' to Christ, to share the scriptures with another and etc. Planning is part of all believer's lives (or should be) and so we should follow the leading of the Spirit in the direction God has for us.

Lon... being led by the Spirit in the body of Christ is NOT like what Joel is talking about.

Lon

Lon... being led by the Spirit in the body of Christ is NOT like what Joel is talking about.

Balance: it is important to discuss those gifts of the Spirit and how they might be the same/similar as well as how different these are for us. The reason is simply to be careful not to quench the work of the Spirit and what He does in our and others' lives. We need to encourage one another's spiritual gifts but be very clear that those who sensationalize "Laughing in the Spirit, Slain in the Spirit" movements of God, are doing so against scripture teaching and direction. Whatever God is doing in our lives, we don't want to put a damper on, in another, and yet, we want to be very clear with scriptures (as you and Dan P have given in thread) that we are discussing clearly why some supposed manifestations of the Spirit, today, are fabrications and not movements of the Spirit , etc. among other concerns. -Lon

Right Divider

Body part
Balance: it is important to discuss those gifts of the Spirit and how they might be the same/similar as well as how different these are for us. The reason is simply to be careful not to quench the work of the Spirit and what He does in our and others' lives. We need to encourage one another's spiritual gifts but be very clear that those who sensationalize "Laughing in the Spirit, Slain in the Spirit" movements of God, are doing so against scripture teaching and direction. Whatever God is doing in our lives, we don't want to put a damper on, in another, and yet, we want to be very clear with scriptures (as you and Dan P have given in thread) that we are discussing clearly why some supposed manifestations of the Spirit, today, are fabrications and not movements of the Spirit , etc. among other concerns. -Lon

Again... those things are completely different than what Joel is talking about.

Reactions: Lon

Lowly one

So you watch the link and all those people are lying? That’s a fraction of what God has revealed to people around the world. Do u guys believe we are in the endtimes?

2 Timothy
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

So demons are no longer on the earth and don’t need to be cast out? The children’s bread for Christians is deliverence. No longer any need for the gifts? Because we have the Bible now peiple say. But people didn’t have bibles for hundreds of years cause the Catholic Church.

If the gifts of the spirit and power of God was happening today how would you be able to discern it being real and from God?

Last edited:

Lowly one

Right DIVIDER,

it’s about Israel in the endtimes. Why has Israek been established again in the land supernaturally after 2000 yrs? To fulfill the endtimes. At the top of Joel 2 it talks about the things happening being worse than ever before in history. And signs and wonders abd turning dark in sky and all that stuff. Those things have not happened.

Lowly one

I assume that most here bekieve the power of God was only for the apostles and no more because we have Bible now? But the power of God was there happening before the apostles through history in the Bible not just during Jesus and after. If the Bible is only needed then what about the hundreds of years no one had a bible? Men who have not been given the Holy Spirit have put the Bible as everything as their relationship with God abd is why there are 100 thousand denominations. Cause it’s their flesh and carnal mind reading the Bible. I don’t blame them tho cause u can’t force Gid to give the Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Right DIVIDER,

it’s about Israel in the endtimes. Why has Israek been established again in the land supernaturally after 2000 yrs? To fulfill the endtimes.
What leads you to that Israel has "been established again in the land supernaturally after 2000 yrs"?

At the top of Joel 2 it talks about the things happening being worse than ever before in history. And signs and wonders abd turning dark in sky and all that stuff. Those things have not happened.
Agree

Lon

So you watch the link and all those people are lying? That’s a fraction of what God has revealed to people around the world. Do u guys believe we are in the endtimes?

2 Timothy
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
The "Power" isn't anything but God. It isn't some false display of holiness or faked healing. It is the power of God that produces holiness and Christlikeness in the believer and his/her fellowship.

So demons are no longer on the earth and don’t need to be cast out?
For some, their eschatology believes that is correct (Satan bound).

The children’s bread for Christians is deliverence. No longer any need for the gifts? Because we have the Bible now peiple say. But people didn’t have bibles for hundreds of years cause the Catholic Church.
People still preached and taught. The RC wasn't the only church on the block, even during that time.

If the gifts of the spirit and power of God was happening today how would you be able to discern it being real and from God?
Leading to holiness rather than sensationalism. Leading to God, rather than lining men's pockets.

Lowly one

No there wasn’t other churches and no people did not have bibles. If there was a other church so few were there abd underground cause everyone knows Catholic Church ruled abd was reason for the reformation.

The Christian community is a mess. Are u serious about what makes me think Israel was established? Physical Israel is there again obviously.

I can understand why u don’t believe the power in the book of ACTS is no longer here because so many been Christians all their lives and never seen it. But everyone is so confident they got it figured out they don’t know there is a world out there where Gid has given his spirit to certain people as in Acts. Where Paul spoke of being baptized in the spirit that gives the power. So yea the Holy Spirit of Gid is the power

Right Divider

Body part
Are u serious about what makes me think Israel was established? Physical Israel is there again obviously.
You claimed that it was "established again in the land supernaturally".

Please support your claim.

Don't tell me... let me guess.... you got it in a dream.

Bob Carabbio

Is this for now?

ABSOLUTELY!!! The "Full Gospel" is for today,just as surely as it was for the church in the first century. God is RESTORING his Visible Church line upon line and precept upon precept, bringing it back from GROSS Spiritual Ignorance, practiced, and taught by Rome. The FIRST thing to be restored was SALVATION BY FAITH courtesy of Luther and others, The LATEST thing in the 20th century was the Pentecostal revival, followed by the Charismatic outpouring, restoring the GIFTS and OVERT ministries of the Holy Spirit to the visible church.

No, the Lord is not churning out new dreams, visions and scripture, agree that those trying to apply Joel to the church have taken the passage way out of context, that the passage is about the end of days and Israel. Try paying attention to the passage, as you read it. Also, if you haven't noticed, even the well meaning crackpots these days, claiming dreams and visions, are, first, always wrong, of those prophecies that did not come to pass, and most of the false prophecies involving the apocalypse, yet, according to scripture, and duh, folks:

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I believe those verses are also, by extrapolation, a warning of corrupt and deluded man adding to the word of God of scripture, period. As a matter of fact, this is why we have so many evil cult denominations, with their false doctrines.

Any of you that have studied the writings of the apostolic church fathers will have seen that, in their writings, they did not stray from the Bible, their writings, actually, clearly in the writing style and commentary style of man, writings not even structured with the precision of the word of God, that is, their writings clearly clumsy man, commenting on the Christian faith of scripture. Even they added nothing to scripture. And since that time, name one so-called prophet that has proven 100% reliable, such that their writings should be added to the Holy Bible, such that the canon of scripture should not have been closed. I would be delighted to see this new body of scripture, visions, dreams and all, that isn't a lot of bunk. (I won't hold my breath for anybody providing the name of a book that needs to be added to the Bible, or YouTube "prophets" that need to be the 13th plus apostles, having their technicolor dreams and visions they claim are of the Lord.) In my life, all I've ever seen are writings of man that uphold scripture, or phony baloney lies, false prophecy, not a single person I can think of, throughout history, that belongs in the Bible, post Revelation. Again, show us the books that need to be added to the Bible on Amazon, and, if not, explain what's happened with the Spirit pouring out all these new revelations the past couple thousand years, such that we should have an encyclopaedia of a Bible, if what you people are saying about Joel being for everybody is true.

But, if you insist, if you want to dream dreams and have visions, be a YouTube prophet, I would highly recommended eating a combo platter at the El Coyote Mexican Cafe. Guaranteed, by the next morning, you'll be telling everybody that, in the night, you were transported to Patmos.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Timothy 4:1-4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Ezekiel 13:6-7 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word. Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?