Do not resist an evil person.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 5:38-40 NASB - "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.

Do not resist an evil person. I understand the first verse to deal with equity in judgment. Then we hear do not resist an evil person. Does this mean if you ever encounter an evil person not to resist him? We might think that the evil person is the person that we are to resist. How do we deal with this verse and apply it to our lives?

Truster

"Recompense to no man evil for evil. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith Yah Veh. —Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good".

The vengeance of The Almighty may be swift or it may seem slow but in either case, it is sure and can be trusted and waited upon.

Truster

PS Jacob

Forgiving someone who has sinned against you is a powerful weapon in prayer. You'll find reference to this in the Evangel of Mark.