ECT Do I belong in the group or not? What is the purpose of the distinction made?

Clem

I've just watched a video by The Restored Church of God where a 'Improper Christian' was defined as someone who is wilfully or carelessly negligent and/or someone who nurses their favourite grudges.

Or, putting it another way, a 'Proper Christian' is one who persistently puts downward pressure on his or her own prejudices with a view to becoming ever more like Christ, and less prejudicial towards some people or groups of people (slower, and so more pertinently, to judge).

Or, putting it another way, as having no cherished prejudices, and being fanatical only about his or her deference, or obedience, to God out of understanding and respect.

Or, putting it yet another way, suspending judgment of others until one has walked 1,000 miles in their boots.

Can we sum this up as fully appreciating the meaning and value of the phrase "There, but for the grace of God, go I"?

If so, then I am such a person who belongs in this sub-group.

But, why shut out the unsure, but truly curious? -- or even 'Proper Muslims' (who deny only Christ's divinity (or do most Muslims deny more than just this)?

Why not shut out only those who might wish to come here purely to sneer (so as to avoid learning anything that might tempt them to become more interested in accepting the protection and guidance of our Saviour?

And, what other reasons might we have to act in support of this kind of barrier against the confused and/or unsure?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've just watched a video by The Restored Church of God where a 'Improper Christian' was defined as someone who is wilfully or carelessly negligent and/or someone who nurses their favourite grudges.

Or, putting it another way, a 'Proper Christian' is one who persistently puts downward pressure on his or her own prejudices with a view to becoming ever more like Christ, and less prejudicial towards some people or groups of people (slower, and so more pertinently, to judge).

Or, putting it another way, as having no cherished prejudices, and being fanatical only about his or her deference, or obedience, to God out of understanding and respect.

Or, putting it yet another way, suspending judgment of others until one has walked 1,000 miles in their boots.

Can we sum this up as fully appreciating the meaning and value of the phrase "There, but for the grace of God, go I"?

If so, then I am such a person who belongs in this sub-group.

But, why shut out the unsure, but truly curious? -- or even 'Proper Muslims' (who deny only Christ's divinity (or do most Muslims deny more than just this)?

Why not shut out only those who might wish to come here purely to sneer (so as to avoid learning anything that might tempt them to become more interested in accepting the protection and guidance of our Saviour?

And, what other reasons might we have to act in support of this kind of barrier against the confused and/or unsure?
Good questions, welcome to TOL !!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clem,

We have this separate forum for Exclusively Christian classical traditional doctrine only.
It is a sub-form where those that hold these views can discuss without having to deal with all the non-traditional-folk's rants and arguments against the traditional views.

All other non-traditional views can be discussed in the Religion Forum.
But the EFC forum is for traditional Christian views only.

We like it that way.

Clem

I can help/deal with the confused, the unsure and 'the rabble'--lol.
Shall I start another thread for such people?
I mean, there shouldn't too much flak in a group of this name?
Or shall I start such a thread and find out for myself how bad our local problem is--lol !!