Do Atheist Really Exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublemaker

For one thing I didn't think much about God when I was young. But as I got older I started thinking and reading about how everything began. No I am not perfect I have at times started to think is there really a God. Then I know how foolish of me to even go there.
Just think about how complex the human body is. Could that really have happen by chance, from pond scum?
As for the atheist how do you think everything began?
I guess I am very naive I have never talked to an atheist.
I feel very sorry for them.
Look at nature, birds lock their feet around a tree branch to take a nap so they can't fall off. They have a perfect designer.
Look at all the different animals, mammals,insects did this just happen?
I just think everyone deep down MUST believe in a creator.
If you don't, you have to have a huge void in your life. How lonely you must be.

Punisher1984

It is very hard for me to believe anyone could not believe we have a creator.

It's not hard for me - when I look at the world I see nothing but causality in action. If there was a "creator" of some kind and it gave a damn about us I'd expect to see a very different world (one without plagues, overpopulation, religious fanatics, etc...).

I just think they are all lying, and if they are not lying don't they have a surprise coming!!

1. Why would we lie? What do we have to gain from denying the existence of something we *really* know to exist? It's as stupid as denying gravity.

2. How do you know that we have *anything* coming? Has it occured to you that you may actually be the one in for a surprise?

touched

i wuz

i wuz

Would you be surprised if spider told you she is also a member of a few atheist boards? And at these boards, posters who claim to be Christian -- come to ridicule, critisize and verbally abuse atheists? Would you be surprised to hear that at the atheist boards there is endless debate about whether to treat theists respectfully or return the abuse?

Does spider strike you as someone who is out to sass Christians? I see her as a very calm and repectful lass who likes to debate and express her view point.

i use to be an athiest that pretended to be a christian and harrassed other athiests to make them hate christian so iwouln't loose my friends then i realized hey thats what the devil does so God must be real cause you cant have one without the other

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i use to be an athiest that pretended to be a christian and harrassed other athiests to make them hate christian so iwouln't loose my friends

You must get really bored ... seriously.

Punisher1984

i use to be an athiest that pretended to be a christian and harrassed other athiests to make them hate christian so iwouln't loose my friends then i realized hey thats what the devil does so God must be real cause you cant have one without the other

What???

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
2. How do you know that we have *anything* coming? Has it occured to you that you may actually be the one in for a surprise?

:nono: Not possible; if you are right then we won't be anything.....Much less surprised. :idunno:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:confused:

Last edited:

Punisher1984

:nono: Not possible; if you are right then we won't be anything.....Much less surprised. :idunno:

This position assumes a false dichotomy - that Christianity and Atheism are the only competing schools of though. How do you know that you won't end up before Osiris to have your heart weighed against a feather, take up a job in the kingdom of Hades or be reborn as a cow?

Since you make a positive claim concerning the afterlife, you must point out why your claim is real and all other afterlife claims are false. Since I make a negative claim regarding an afterlife (no reason to believe it's real), the same burden doesn't apply to me as I have nothing to prove.

Troublemaker

It's not hard for me - when I look at the world I see nothing but causality in action. If there was a "creator" of some kind and it gave a damn about us I'd expect to see a very different world (one without plagues, overpopulation, religious fanatics, etc...).

1. Why would we lie? What do we have to gain from denying the existence of something we *really* know to exist? It's as stupid as denying gravity.

Do you think you would become a believer if God performed miracles.
Read the New Testament Jesus did all kinds of Miracles and he was
killed. Do you think we would be any different.

1) I think you are a very unhappy person and you are looking for someone to blame and hate. You can lash out at God.
I am sorry for your pain.

2) Because I believe what God has told us and we will ALL be judged.
He has left so much for us if we open our eyes and hearts to him.
How about finding sea shells on the tops of mountains. (from Noah's flood)

fool

Hall of Fame
For one thing I didn't think much about God when I was young. But as I got older I started thinking and reading about how everything began.
How did everything begin?

No I am not perfect I have at times started to think is there really a God. Then I know how foolish of me to even go there.
There's nothing wrong with examining your beliefs and perceptions, this can only cause growth.

Just think about how complex the human body is. Could that really have happen by chance, from pond scum?

Do you look at a snow flake and think it impossible that it was formed by chance from water vapor?

As for the atheist how do you think everything began?
I'm still looking into it.
Hope to have it all figured out by this weekend :chuckle:

I guess I am very naive I have never talked to an atheist.
There's lots of different kinds, not all good, I'll be happy to talk with you about my Atheism.

I feel very sorry for them.
They'll be fine, feel sorry for the helpless and weak, maybe even do something.

Look at nature, birds lock their feet around a tree branch to take a nap so they can't fall off. They have a perfect designer.
That would be cool, I can't do that, was my designer not as perfect?

Look at all the different animals, mammals,insects did this just happen?
Been happening for quite some time, humans just showed up recently.

I just think everyone deep down MUST believe in a creator.
Does God believe someone made him?

If you don't, you have to have a huge void in your life.
I wish I had a void, a little empty space is good for new projects.

How lonely you must be.
We've got you to keep us company.
You and the six billion other people on the planet.
But they're not all logged on to TOL with a cool handle like Troublemaker.

Welcome to the forum.

Punisher1984

Do you think you would become a believer if God performed miracles.

Define "miracle" - such things as "faith healing" or "prophecies" are commonly reported and can be easily faked, so I rule out reports of such things automatically

Read the New Testament Jesus did all kinds of Miracles and he was killed.

Assuming of course that the NT is actually a reliable historical document - a claim that's all too easy to dispute...

1) I think you are a very unhappy person and you are looking for someone to blame and hate. You can lash out at God. I am sorry for your pain.

1. I'm not in pain - in fact, I'm happier now than I ever was as a Christian.

2. How do I blame an entity I have no reason to believe exists for my troubles? That's like you blaming Thor for striking your pet cat with lightning!

2) Because I believe what God has told us and we will ALL be judged.

According to what? Blind obedience to an ideal? Application of reason in life? The ability to bake cakes? What?!?

He has left so much for us if we open our eyes and hearts to him. How about finding sea shells on the tops of mountains. (from Noah's flood)

Yeah... Those shells were found in rocks dating back to the earlier geological periods (cambrain, ordivician, devaronian, etc...) that were lifted by collision of techtonic plates - producing thrust folds that formed the mountains.

There's no need for a global flood to explain the shells - plate techtonics does a well enough job explaining that phenomena.

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Do Theists really exist?

Do Theists really exist?

With so much doubt among the faithful -- so many lapsed Catholics and Mellow Mormons, I would not be surprised to learn that most so-called theists waiver much of the time.

Personally, I have no problem with accepting that I do not know how life began. I really question the sincerity of those who claim to know for sure.

spider

:rolleyes: Sure you did.

Quincy

I don't see how I could believe in a supernatural deity that I can find no substantial evidence for. But I can believe in a culmination of sensation, feeling, and emotions that equal a natural spirituality. I just think people read to deeply into it.

peace

icilian fenner

Yes, they do believe in their own god-less theology ... and they waste their time, without realizing it, by coming to boards like this instead of going to sites where everyone thinks like them.

If you want intellectual stimulation, you go to adversarial situations.

A thousand yes-men won't explain to me the other point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.