ECT D'ists would have skipped and poo-poo'd the 'triumphal entry'

Interplanner

You almost sound "cryptic." Does your mind work that way naturally or do you purposely set out to come off as, rather obscure? Which is it? Or, is there some other reason unknown and well hidden from your intended audience?

Do you have equal value questions about the text? I see no point in 'figuring out' me.

All the MAD junkers I know immediate attack a person (not deal with the text), and then when you say that the Gospel is for all jews and non-jews, they say you are 'anti-Jewish.'

Interplanner

You almost sound "cryptic." Does your mind work that way naturally or do you purposely set out to come off as, rather obscure? Which is it? Or, is there some other reason unknown and well hidden from your intended audience?

Yes!!! It is 'cryptic'! It is the truth "in Christ" which is a mystery. The same as Eph 3, Rom 16. These things are not true in the Judaistic sense in the Law. They are true in Christ, and I hope you are in Christ before this is over.

SaulToPaul 2

If you believe 2P2P, you would not have attended the triumphant entry of Christ.

This seems to be quite a bit of leapage on your part, as those who abide by 2P2P would have no reason as yet to believe in 2P2P since Paul had not yet been chosen to reveal it. However, they may or may not have been among the faithful who believed Jesus is the Christ. How could you possibly know whether or not we would in light of Eph 1F and Jude 3:13 which seem conclusive to the contrary?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They were expecting him to reign for ever.
They should have literally expected it because the LORD promised it several times in scripture, both OT & NT.

Luke 1:32-33 KJV
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God [Father] shall give unto him [Son] the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

NOT the throne of His father the Lord God (heavenly father).
The throne of His father David (earthly father).
They are not the same throne.
Things that differ are not the same.

They could not see that a 'king' on a donkey's colt meant an unusual king, a kingdom made without human hands, etc.
OR .......

It was because the custom for a king or dignitary to come on a warhorse when they come in war, and come on a humble animal when they come in peace.

1 Kings 1:33-34 KJV
(33) The king also said unto them, Take with you the servants of your lord, and cause Solomon my son to ride upon mine own mule, and bring him down to Gihon:
(34) And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God save king Solomon.

Judges 5:9-10 KJV
(9) My heart is toward the governors of Israel, that offered themselves willingly among the people. Bless ye the LORD.
(10) Speak, ye that ride on white *****, ye that sit in judgment, and walk by the way.

Judges 10:3-4 KJV
(3) And after him arose Jair, a Gileadite, and judged Israel twenty and two years.
(4) And he had thirty sons that rode on thirty *** colts, and they had thirty cities, which are called Havothjair unto this day, which are in the land of Gilead.

Judges 12:13-14 KJV
(13) And after him Abdon the son of Hillel, a Pirathonite, judged Israel.
(14) And he had forty sons and thirty nephews, that rode on threescore and ten *** colts: and he judged Israel eight years.

2 Samuel 16:2 KJV
(2) And the king said unto Ziba, What meanest thou by these? And Ziba said, The ***** be for the king's household to ride on; and the bread and summer fruit for the young men to eat; and the wine, that such as be faint in the wilderness may drink.

Now ..... notice what Christ rides upon at His 2nd coming.

Revelation 19:11-16 KJV​
(11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.​
(12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.​
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.​
(14) And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.​
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.​
(16) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.​

whitestone

Let's just throw a dozen extraneous bible verses at this OK, and see if it goes away. If you believe 2P2P, you would not have attended the triumphant entry of Christ.

IN FACT, YOU WOULD HAVE STOPPED THE PARADE AND TOLD EVERYONE THAT THERE WAS REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE ANOTHER EPISODE OF ISRAEL AND THERE WILL BE; YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE D'IST AND SEVERAL CENTURIES LATER PEOPLE WILL REALLY BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT GOD GAVE US D'ISM, SO MUCH MORE CLEAR THAN THE GOSPEL!

you miss that he did say to them...so you don't hear us point to the stones that cry out,,,

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They should have literally expected it because the LORD promised it several times in scripture, both OT & NT.

(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God [Father] shall give unto him [Son] the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

OR .......

It was because the custom for a king or dignitary to come on a warhorse when they come in war, and come on a humble animal when they come in peace.

(33) The king also said unto them, Take with you the servants of your lord, and cause Solomon my son to ride upon mine own mule, and bring him down to Gihon:
(34) And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God save king Solomon.

(9) My heart is toward the governors of Israel, that offered themselves willingly among the people. Bless ye the LORD.
(10) Speak, ye that ride on white *****, ye that sit in judgment, and walk by the way.

(3) And after him arose Jair, a Gileadite, and judged Israel twenty and two years.
(4) And he had thirty sons that rode on thirty *** colts, and they had thirty cities, which are called Havothjair unto this day, which are in the land of Gilead.

(14) And he had forty sons and thirty nephews, that rode on threescore and ten *** colts: and he judged Israel eight years.

(2) And the king said unto Ziba, What meanest thou by these? And Ziba said, The ***** be for the king's household to ride on; and the bread and summer fruit for the young men to eat; and the wine, that such as be faint in the wilderness may drink.

(11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.​
(12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.​
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.​
(14) And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.​
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.​
(16) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.​

Jesus was identified as King of the Jews as He suffered on the cross.

Are you saying Jesus Christ was NOT "King of Kings" but only "King of the Jews" (only fit to ride an *** rather than a royal white horse?)

I am not sure of the point of your post, but I rejoice in the Scriptures fulfilled by Christ entering Jerusalem as King, riding an ***, which signifies His actual heavenly position as conquering warrior of God, as revealed in visions given to the Apostle John.

DAN P

Because they are looking for an actual muscular kingdom of David on a throne in Jerusalem, Dispensationalists would not have attended the parade. A guy on a young donkey? You've got to be kidding!

Hi and it is possible that only Jews were in attendance and IF there were Gentiles watching the Gentiles were thinking " those crazy Jews THINKING that they would be DELIVERED from Roman rule !!

If you try hard it is like the Jews , of PENTECOST believing , that you can be saved without Water Baptism !!

Abd IGNORE 1 cOR 11:1 and Col 1:25 and 26 OR that all will be Judged by Paul's gospel of Grace Rom 2:16 !!

dan p

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

OR .......

:thumb: Right on, Tam!

Interplanner

:thumb: Right on, Tam!

If anything disturbing public peace was meant by the ride on the colt, the Roman system was a signal from the Antonia tower to its troops that would have purged the area in about 5 minutes.

David calls him Lord so there's a throne of David being waited for that...predates David!

Anyway, its a bit late to be celebrating a "kingdom" by that time. It had already been much discussed and getting things accomplished.

There is no NT passage about a kingdom for Israel because the mission of the Gospel eclipses all that.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice that it is symbolism. It does not say rides into a certain city etc. He was seen in the vision, not a prediction with exact dates and places.

I would chuckle but this is so sad, I can't bring myself to do it.

I pray that your eyes be opened to the plain sense of scripture.