Disprove My Claim?

BoyStan

The letter to the Romans is addressed to all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints(Rom1:7).
Any 'we','us' and 'you' in the letter applies to Christians (Rom1:8).
This reasoning applies to all the letters in the New Testament(Eph1:1).

Applying the truths of these references indiscriminately to anyone is an error.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You obviously refers to Jews. Please read verses in their context.

Prove that you are one of "the elect." How do we know that you are not one of "the un-elect," a child of the devil?

And give us a simple answer. Tell us the "good news."

BoyStan

Prove that you are one of "the elect." How do we know that you are not one of "the un-elect," a child of the devil?

I live by faith not by sight.

It is axiomatic that you cannot 'prove' spiritual truth.
Asking me to prove I am one of God's elect shows that
you have no intention of believing anything I say.

The word of faith is God's guarantee that I am one of his elect(Rom10:5-11).
There are many other scriptures that give me the assurance that I am
forloved, predestined, called, justified and glorified(Rom8:28:30).

You are free to check the scriptures if you have a Bible handy.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You obviously refers to Jews. Please read verses in their context.

You obviously have difficulty writing in English.

Which do you mean:

"You obviously refer to Jews"?

OR

"'You' obviously refers to Jews"?

Again, here is what you have written:

How was anyone supposed to know that, by your "any", you actually meant "only some, and not all instances of"?

Compare

with

[Only some, and not all instances of] 'we','us' and 'you' in the letter appl[y] to Christians (Rom1:8).

Please learn to write what you mean, if you wish readers to understand what you mean.

john w

Hall of Fame

Evasion. You side stepped the question. A Mormon, Catholic, could say that.

And I've forgotten more of the scriptures, than you know. You're not in my league.

And you're "There are many other scriptures that give me the assurance that I am
forloved, predestined, called, justified and glorified(Rom8:28:30" is a scam, as Calvinism does not receive it's "assurance" from the book, but from your "P," as in "TULIP." Ever heard of it? "Perseverance."

This is the fact, Jack: You Calvinists obtain your assurance from how much you "persevere," as your life style tells you so. Calvinism is just "warmed over" Catholicism, Mormonism, despite your denial.

BoyStan

Evasion. You side stepped the question. A Mormon, Catholic, could say that.

And I've forgotten more of the scriptures, than you know. You're not in my league.

And you're "There are many other scriptures that give me the assurance that I am
forloved, predestined, called, justified and glorified(Rom8:28:30" is a scam, as Calvinism does not receive it's "assurance" from the book, but from your "P," as in "TULIP." Ever heard of it? "Perseverance."

This is the fact, Jack: You Calvinists obtain your assurance from how much you "persevere," as your life style tells you so. Calvinism is just "warmed over" Catholicism, Mormonism, despite your denial.

I don't aspire to your league.
Whether you know I am elect or unelect is of no consequence.
I reject Catholicism and Mormonisn totally.

It's not how many scriptures you may know or have forgotten that is important.
Rather it is understanding the scriptures which is of vital importance.
It seems that you do not understand Rom10:5-11 and Rom8:28-30.

The tone of your remarks indicate that there is a root of bitterness in your heart.
You are consumed with hatred of so called Calvanism.

It is futile to explain or try to prove anything you may demand.
Your words prove to me that you are doing Satan's work!

BoyStan

You obviously have difficulty writing in English.

Which do you mean:

"You obviously refer to Jews"?

OR

"'You' obviously refers to Jews"?

Again, here is what you have written:

How was anyone supposed to know that, by your "any", you actually meant "only some, and not all instances of"?

Compare

with

Please learn to write what you mean, if you wish readers to understand what you mean.

Rom2:24 applies to Jews.

Interpret the New Testament letters in the context of those addressed.
If a letter is addressed to saints then its contents apply to saints!

Truster

It's not of any benefit or importance that you should prove to others. It is however of great importance and of much benefit that you prove to yourself. "Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure". It has been one of my greatests joys to contemplte these matters...

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?125242-AUTHENTICITY-OF-TRUST

Last edited:

BoyStan

It's not of any benefit or importance that you should prove to others. It is however of great importance and of much benefit that you prove to yourself. "Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure". It has been one of my greatests joys to contemplte these matters...

Thanks Truster. I too find great joy and assurance in making my calling and election sure.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?125242-AUTHENTICITY-OF-TRUST

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't aspire to your league.
Whether you know I am elect or unelect is of no consequence.
Catch that, TOL? His "good news" is he does not know if he is saved.

I reject Catholicism and Mormonisn totally.

No, you don't-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

It's not how many scriptures you may know or have forgotten that is important.
Rather it is understanding the scriptures which is of vital importance.
It seems that you do not understand Rom10:5-11 and Rom8:28-30.

Oh-we all did not know that. You missed your own "argument," Clavinist.
The tone of your remarks indicate that there is a root of bitterness in your heart.

Thanks for the psycho babble, Dr. Phil. And confirmed-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

Oh, I see-you have less bitterness in your heart, than I do, so you must be one of "the elect," eh?

You are consumed with hatred of so called Calvanism.

The old reliable "accusation of hate" technique. Weighty. Catholics employ that all the time, and those that are having their argument dismantled.
It is futile to explain or try to prove anything you may demand.

Translation:
miami-punter-flop.gif

Your words prove to me that you are doing Satan's work!

Why? Because I offended your made up satanic Calvinism? And further confirmayion-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

Your "posts" prove to TOL that you are a poser, child of the devil.

Check.

7djengo7

The letter to the Romans is addressed to all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints(Rom1:7).

Behold yourself in the act of contradicting your own claim--the very claim which you were asking others to disprove. Why did you need to farm out the task of disproving your claim, when you (as you have demonstrated) are quite capable of doing so, yourself? Referring to Romans 2:24, you wrote that

You obviously refers to Jews.

Yes, indeed, 'you' obviously does refer to Jews, in Romans 2:24, as you have so trenchantly observed, and, that being the case, what you claimed about how the word 'you' is used in Paul's Epistle to the Romans is manifestly false. Did you not notice that Romans 2:24 is part of Paul's Epistle to the Romans?

BoyStan

Behold yourself in the act of contradicting your own claim--the very claim which you were asking others to disprove. Why did you need to farm out the task of disproving your claim, when you (as you have demonstrated) are quite capable of doing so, yourself? Referring to Romans 2:24, you wrote that

Yes, indeed, 'you' obviously does refer to Jews, in Romans 2:24, as you have so trenchantly observed, and, that being the case, what you claimed about how the word 'you' is used in Paul's Epistle to the Romans is manifestly false. Did you not notice that Romans 2:24 is part of Paul's Epistle to the Romans?

The letter to the Romans was addressed to both Jewish and Gentile Christians who constituted
'all in Rome who are loved by God and called to belong to Jesus Christ'(Rom1:7).The section Rom1:18-3:20 is the argument to show scripturally that both Jews and Gentiles are under sin and the whole world is accountable to God(Rom3:19). The 'you' (Rom2:24) refers to the Jewish Christians (Rom1:7-8) in the church of Rome. Paul is arguing how both the Jews and Gentiles, who are now Christians(Rom1:7-8),were formerly under sin.

Last edited:

BoyStan

Catch that, TOL? His "good news" is he does not know if he is saved.

No, you don't-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

Oh-we all did not know that. You missed your own "argument," Clavinist.

Thanks for the psycho babble, Dr. Phil. And confirmed-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

Oh, I see-you have less bitterness in your heart, than I do, so you must be one of "the elect," eh?

The old reliable "accusation of hate" technique. Weighty. Catholics employ that all the time, and those that are having their argument dismantled.

Translation:
miami-punter-flop.gif

Why? Because I offended your made up satanic Calvinism? And further confirmayion-you talk like Mormons/Catholics-they talk like you, as you examine your life style, "how much fruit," how much "perseverance," you have, to determine if you are one of "the elect."

Your "posts" prove to TOL that you are a poser, child of the devil.

Check.

Satan is an accuser of the brethren. You are doing his work,'Your "posts" prove to TOL that you are a poser, child of the devil'.
Your accusation about,'made up satanic Calvinism', is an example of your doing the devil's work.

john w

Hall of Fame
Satan is an accuser of the brethren.

True. But you are not a brother of mine, so your point is quite moot, irrelevant, and Calvinism is from the pits of hell.

You are doing his work,'Your "posts" prove to TOL that you are a poser, child of the devil'.
Your accusation about,'made up satanic Calvinism', is an example of your doing the devil's work.

Nice copy'npaste, one line cliche, spam. Weighty. That's all you have in your holster?

7djengo7

The 'you' (Rom2:24) refers to the Jewish Christians (Rom1:7-8) in the church of Rome.

Now, you're vainly trying to do damage control by saying that, when you earlier said

You obviously refers to Jews.

what you really, really meant to say, instead of that, was that

'You' obviously refers to Jewish Christians.

So, Paul wasn't talking to Jews, accusing them of being the cause of God's name being blasphemed among the Gentiles? No, according to you; Paul was talking to a subset of Christians in Rome, accusing these Christians of being the cause of God's name being blasphemed among the Gentiles! And, not only that, but Paul used the phrase, "as it is written". What Scripture(s) would you say Paul was referring to, here, which have it recorded that a subset of first century Christians in Rome were the cause of God's name being blasphemed among the Gentiles?

The section Rom1:18-3:20 is the argument to show scripturally that both Jews and Gentiles are under sin and the whole world is accountable to God(Rom3:19).

Are you saying that Paul was telling Christians that Christians are under sin?