ECT D'ism's doubts about the Davidic kingdom vs NT teaching

Danoh

Some people love compartmentalising. They must have a compartmentality. I love symphonizing. And the NT is very symphonic, also with Isaiah and all the way back to Genesis.

All amateurs go the harmonizing symphony route. And you are an expert amateur.

O wait, I keep forgetting - only you can talk of others in this way.

You hypocrite.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any Madist who truly and consistently knows his Mad, should be able to easily pick up on where anyone is coming from - without having to ask them.

Or as the first Madist put it...

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Does the Mad have the mind of Christ in Romans thru Philemon, or does he or she not?

We know all other TOLers do not.

Which is why they remain so clueless in their attempted judgement (discerment) of Mad.

What remains for the well grounded Mad, is, to paraphrase "Charlie" - "an intuitive synthesis of established Mid-Acts principles..." :)

Stop pretending you are MAD.

MAD is Mid Acts. You are End of Acts.

EOA which means not much of anything.

LA

Danoh

Stop pretending you are MAD.

MAD is Mid Acts. You are End of Acts.

EOA which means not much of anything.

LA

Let's see - I hold that Unbelieving Israel (including Paul) was concluded having continued in the UNcircumcision of heart of their forefathers and thus "under sin" with the Gentiles at the end of Acts 7, see also Romans 2&3.

And that a some point after that God saved Paul while in his UNcircumcised heart status, see Acts 9 & Acts 22.

And that Paul then began to share with Jew and Gentile alike "the gospel of the UNcircumcision" he was saved under, see Acts 9 & Galatians 1 & 2; and Acts 17 & 1 and 2 Thessalonians.

End of Acts?

Not me.

But you have an ax to grind :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

If you were really concerned about proving the Bible, why are you so opposed to the actual meaning of Mt24A and parallels about the Destruction of Jerusalem in the 1st century?

We can understand that the events described in Matthew 24 were in regard to a world wide judgment and that did not happen in the first century:

Here we can see that those from "all nations" will be judged when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left... Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"
(Mt.25:31-33, 41).​

Anyone with a knowledge of world history knows the events described there did not happen in the first century.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let's see - I hold that Unbelieving Israel (including Paul) was concluded having continued in the UNcircumcision of heart of their forefathers and thus "under sin" with the Gentiles at the end of Acts 7, see also Romans 2&3.

And that a some point after that God saved Paul while in his UNcircumcised heart status, see Acts 9 & Acts 22.

And that Paul then began to share with Jew and Gentile alike "the gospel of the UNcircumcision" he was saved under, see Acts 9 & Galatians 1 & 2; and Acts 17 & 1 and 2 Thessalonians.

End of Acts?

Not me.

But you have an ax to grind :chuckle:

Paul was saved under the one and only gospel first delivered to the saints.

It is impossible that God saved Paul under a gospel He was yet to deliver to Paul.

Further to that, Paul was of the circumcision.

LA

Danoh

It is impossible that God saved Paul under a gospel He was yet to deliver to Paul.

LA

That would be "In addition," not "Further to that..." :chuckle:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

The MAD idiots can give no scriptural rebutal to these facts.

If Paul was saved under a different gospel than was delivered to the saints at the first then he was cursed--

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

MAD curses Paul--

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

LA