ECT D'ism has the Twots (pron.: toots)

john w

Hall of Fame
And Richard Rickover...

There is "one" thing you can count on D'ism: everything is two......

two heavens,

And even a Larry Mondello type can see, by paying attention to the details of the volume of the book, that there are three heavens.

Deuteronomy 10:14 KJV

14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

2 Corinthians 12:2 KJV

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Interplanner: You are being too literal.....The days of literalism are over....It all says the same thing....

Another clown, in a parade of clowns....

Interplanner

You said two just last week. The Messiah confirms the new covenant, the man of sin only claims certain powers and stirs up people in to folly. Read the summary of the RofD.

You can't just punch out your own treatment of Dan 9 without authority. It is way too complicated and you don't do Hebrew.

It is not futurist because there is no breaking the normal meaning of 70, of 70 weeks, of 70 coming after 69. There are no X000 year gaps.

Interplanner

Here are some of the exegetical reasons why it must be 1st century:
1, the 490 years. If you get an X0000 year gap, I get to give Hebrews to all believers.
2, the flood. The reason for drawing this parallel to the evil is to say that it was an unusually evil time again , as was the case in the 6th decade on all sides, but the Judaistic zealots should have known better.
3, the expression starts in Dan 8:13 as rebellion, which is described in the rest of ch 8. It is used again of course in 9. While Daniel prays for the country to turn around, instead it is going to self-destruct while Messiah will thrive.
4, I'm not bothering with chs 11, 12 on the guy because of the complications with intertestament events. I don't see any reason why the complete picture of 8-9 must be broken or 'wait' for the others. Jesus was obviously after the intertestament period, so they are out of the way. He was referring to the 1st century, to Judea, to that temple, to people who policed and punished regarding the sabbath. We know from Jesus' own claim to be Messiah, that Judaism took that to mean claiming to be god, which is why Paul mentions that about the soon-to-happen events in Judea and that temple.

Right Divider

Body part
You said two just last week. The Messiah confirms the new covenant, the man of sin only claims certain powers and stirs up people in to folly. Read the summary of the RofD.

You can't just punch out your own treatment of Dan 9 without authority. It is way too complicated and you don't do Hebrew.
:rotfl:

It is not futurist because there is no breaking the normal meaning of 70, of 70 weeks, of 70 coming after 69. There are no X000 year gaps.
Dan 9:24-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (9:25) Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. (9:26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. (9:27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The breaks are IN THERE, you just need to believe it.

I hope that your math is better than your grammar or reading skills.

SaulToPaul 2

Here are some of the exegetical reasons why it must be 1st century:
1, the 490 years. If you get an X0000 year gap, I get to give Hebrews to all believers.
2, the flood. The reason for drawing this parallel to the evil is to say that it was an unusually evil time again , as was the case in the 6th decade on all sides, but the Judaistic zealots should have known better.
3, the expression starts in Dan 8:13 as rebellion, which is described in the rest of ch 8. It is used again of course in 9. While Daniel prays for the country to turn around, instead it is going to self-destruct while Messiah will thrive.
4, I'm not bothering with chs 11, 12 on the guy because of the complications with intertestament events. I don't see any reason why the complete picture of 8-9 must be broken or 'wait' for the others. Jesus was obviously after the intertestament period, so they are out of the way. He was referring to the 1st century, to Judea, to that temple, to people who policed and punished regarding the sabbath. We know from Jesus' own claim to be Messiah, that Judaism took that to mean claiming to be god, which is why Paul mentions that about the soon-to-happen events in Judea and that temple.

What a mess...

Interplanner

:rotfl:

Dan 9:24-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (9:25) Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. (9:26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. (9:27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The breaks are IN THERE, you just need to believe it.

I hope that your math is better than your grammar or reading skills.

Yes, 70 follows 69, I know. the 490 are a unit. The piece is about what would happen in that generation of Messiah. I don't need it written out and highlighted but congrats on your skills. STP said there was another final week after 70.