Did Jesus describe the Big Bang Theory 2000 years ago?

Truth Hunter

Turbo said:
The parables are about the kingdom of heaven, not the natural universe.

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: [jesus]“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” Matthew 13:31-32​

The mustard seed represents the nation of Israel from which the kindgdom of heaven/God will be built.

These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: [jesus]"Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"[/jesus] Matthew 10:5-7​

Did Jesus mean that the creation of the universe was at hand? :nono:

Another parable He spoke to them: [jesus]“The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.”[/jesus] Matthew 13:33​

This parable reiterates a point made in the previous one: that the kingdom/Israel was to eventually spread the Truth to the Gentile nations as well.

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.Isaiah 42:6-7​

These parables have absolutely nothing to do with the "Big Bang" or Creation.

I concede to the truth. I hope I didn't mislead or confuse anyone, but if you can't talk about weak biblical ideas here where can you?

Justin (Wiccan)

Truth Hunter said:
I concede to the truth. I hope I didn't mislead or confuse anyone, but if you can't talk about weak biblical ideas here where can you?

Weak Biblical ideas ... no problem. However, it might be less confusing if you say "I can see a parallel here," rather than "This is what it means."

Justin (Wiccan)

Truth Hunter said:

I wouldn't even say it was bad on your part. Heck, I'd darn well better not--you would not be the first person in this conversation to have seen a good eisegetical connection and said "Hey, this is so cool!" :chuckle:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Truth Hunter said:
:up:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
theo_victis said:
That was a quick thread. Usually someone holds on to there position no matter what, especially here.

WOW! this has never been done here!
It happens now and then. ;)

Truth Hunter

theo_victis said:
That was a quick thread. Usually someone holds on to there position no matter what, especially here.

WOW! this has never been done here!

I'm true to my name. Sharing ideas is one thing, but holding onto a lie or a fallacy, after the truth has been revealled is worse than the original mistake.

Justin (Wiccan)

Truth Hunter said:
I'm true to my name. Sharing ideas is one thing, but holding onto a lie or a fallacy, after the truth has been revealled is worse than the original mistake.

Drat! I can't plus-rep you again, and this post definitely deserves it!

theo_victis

I commend you for this. I totally agree with you!

Drat! I can't plus-rep you again, and this post definitely deserves it!

I ran into the same problem!