DHS draft document: White supremacists are greatest terror threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
artie callously characterizes those poor unfortunate brown children who were violently murdered as:
Just sad little morons...

they were little children, artie, not morons

And their parents were sad, after their children were murdered, after the light of their lives, their joy and delight and love was violently snatched away from them. Grief-stricken, to be more exact. Inconsolable.

Just because their parents' skin is different from yours doesn't mean they don't feel pain artie.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Your sickness is consuming you. Seek help.

Reporting you from now on.

Your inability to defend the irrationality and vicious hypocrisy that is your Nazi-leftard worldview against the truth and logic we level against it is consuming you. Seek to help yourself by actually trying to think for yourself (for a radical change of policy).

Of course, you're absolutely not about trying to think for yourself, which is why--as far as I've observed, at least--whenever you start a TOL thread, all you are able to do to create your opening post is to steal/paste-in a document written by somebody whom you allow to do your thinking for you. And, after you've done with that phase of your forum activity, everything you have left to post is entirely banal, predictable verbal expression of your raging emotion of hate against those who criticize, and point out the irrationality and hypocrisy of what you have pasted.

"Reporting you from now on."

That's you saying, "Help! Please, somebody--anybody, by any means necessary--silence that dissenter against my Nazi leftard worldview, because, as we all know, I have no hope of defending my worldview by having recourse to thinking rationally!"

That's you admitting you can't defend the stupidities you post on TOL.:)

(And, really now, "from now on"? As if you hadn't been doing so all along, you easily-triggered Nazi leftard! Spare me.)

7djengo7

As Christians, we must speak in one voice condemning Christian nationalism as a distortion of the gospel of Jesus and a threat to American democracy.

What (if anything) do "you" mean by your parroted phrase "Christian nationalism"?

If one wants to say that something is "a distortion of the gospel of Jesus", why would he or she want to turn around and call it "Christian"?

Shouldn't those whom you have just parroted have, instead, said, "As Christians, we must speak in one voice condemning [non-, or anti-Christian] nationalism...."?

Why do you consider use of the phrase, "Christians Against Christian Nationalism", to be somehow better for your cause than use of a phrase like, "Christians Against Non-Christian Nationalism", or "Christians Against Ant-Christian Nationlism"?

7djengo7

We must stand up to and speak out against Christian nationalism, especially when it inspires acts of violence and intimidation—including vandalism, bomb threats, arson, hate crimes, and attacks on houses of worship—against religious communities at home and abroad.

Would "you"* also like to say, "We must stand up to and speak out against Christian ANTI-nationalism, especially when it inspires acts of violence and intimidation..."? Or, would that somehow not be as appealing a thing for you (and for those who write your TOL posts for you) to say?

* I, of course, put the pronoun, "you", in parentheses, because I understand that--as you demonstrate--you are merely mindlessly, emotively repeating what has been handed you by some other source.

7djengo7

CACN_Logo_Oxblood+transparent+background.png

Christians Against Christian Nationalism

As Christians, our faith teaches us everyone is created in God’s image and commands us to love one another. As Americans, we value our system of government and the good that can be accomplished in our constitutional democracy. Today, we are concerned about a persistent threat to both our religious communities and our democracy — Christian nationalism.

Christian nationalism seeks to merge Christian and American identities, distorting both the Christian faith and America’s constitutional democracy. Christian nationalism demands Christianity be privileged by the State and implies that to be a good American, one must be Christian. It often overlaps with and provides cover for white supremacy and racial subjugation. We reject this damaging political ideology and invite our Christian brothers and sisters to join us in opposing this threat to our faith and to our nation.

As Christians, we are bound to Christ, not by citizenship, but by faith. We believe that:

People of all faiths and none have the right and responsibility to engage constructively in the public square.

Patriotism does not require us to minimize our religious convictions.

One’s religious affiliation, or lack thereof, should be irrelevant to one’s standing in the civic community.

Government should not prefer one religion over another or religion over nonreligion.

Religious instruction is best left to our houses of worship, other religious institutions and families.

America’s historic commitment to religious pluralism enables faith communities to live in civic harmony with one another without sacrificing our theological convictions.

Conflating religious authority with political authority is idolatrous and often leads to oppression of minority and other marginalized groups as well as the spiritual impoverishment of religion.

We must stand up to and speak out against Christian nationalism, especially when it inspires acts of violence and intimidation—including vandalism, bomb threats, arson, hate crimes, and attacks on houses of worship—against religious communities at home and abroad.

Whether we worship at a church, mosque, synagogue, or temple, America has no second-class faiths. All are equal under the U.S. Constitution. As Christians, we must speak in one voice condemning Christian nationalism as a distortion of the gospel of Jesus and a threat to American democracy.

My goodness that’s a lot of words.

….that you had to steal from somebody else in order to have something to post on TOL--and that you and all the rest of us know you'll never, ever be up to the intellectual challenge of having to try to rationally defend.:rotfl:

Arthur Brain

You sick little man. Arthur wasn't talking about the children. He was talking about white supremacists like you.

How sick-minded do you have to be to actually search for murdered children so you can post them online to 'own the libs?' What is wrong in your head that you would google for photos of murdered children for the purpose of using them as pawns in your sick little game?

Of course I wasn't but then...the guys a troll, so, same ole same ole...

;)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
US Christian nationalism is far from Christianity

TAKING AMERICA BACK FOR GOD: CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM IN THE UNITED STATES
By Andrew L. Whitehead and Samuel L. Perry

. . . Not a few self-professed religionist Trump supporters stood firm in their belief that this louche, unreligious TV star descended on a golden escalator to return American to a utopia when everyone was white, women served their husbands, and the Bible dictated morality and political decisions.

For them, returning America to greatness meant asserting "Christianity" and "Christian values" as the guiding principles of American life, rescuing them from the continual assault of modernity.

One of the key points in Andrew L. Whitehead and Samuel L. Perry's Taking America Back for God: Christian Nationalism in the United States is that the ideological framework of Trump's base, Christian nationalism, bears little resemblance to Christianity. Christian nationalism, argue the authors, works in a decidedly un-Christ-like manner by supporting policies that marginalize those who, through their beliefs or identity, don't conform to a biblically ordained order that reverences the traditional family, militarism, closed borders, and white, Protestant supremacy.

For the Christian nationalists, keeping refugees on the other side of a wall takes precedence over caring, feeding and seeking social justice for migrants, acts of love that many would associate with Christianity. Indeed, argue the authors, Christian nationalism is a "hollow and deceptive philosophy that depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world, rather than on Christ."

The key deceit of Christian nationalism is that it is about religion. Though a seeming religious passion underlies its claims, Whitehead and Perry argue that Christian nationalism merely uses the Bible to impose its conservative political agenda. By asserting that they are true followers of Christ in a country that is founded on Christian principles, adherents of Christian nationalism can brand their political opponents as both ungodly and un-American.

By playing the role of an oppressed minority, Christian nationalism adds moral strength to its position while hiding the truth that its ideology is aging out and driving young people away through its intolerance.

In other words, Christian nationalism is a political power broker masquerading as a religion. And the power wielded by the adherents of this movement is great. The authors find that no other factor better predicts a vote for Trump then adherence to the Christian nationalist ideology.

Arthur Brain

Your inability to defend the irrationality and vicious hypocrisy that is your Nazi-leftard worldview against the truth and logic we level against it is consuming you. Seek to help yourself by actually trying to think for yourself (for a radical change of policy).

Of course, you're absolutely not about trying to think for yourself, which is why--as far as I've observed, at least--whenever you start a TOL thread, all you are able to do to create your opening post is to steal/paste-in a document written by somebody whom you allow to do your thinking for you. And, after you've done with that phase of your forum activity, everything you have left to post is entirely banal, predictable verbal expression of your raging emotion of hate against those who criticize, and point out the irrationality and hypocrisy of what you have pasted.

"Reporting you from now on."

That's you saying, "Help! Please, somebody--anybody, by any means necessary--silence that dissenter against my Nazi leftard worldview, because, as we all know, I have no hope of defending my worldview by having recourse to thinking rationally!"

That's you admitting you can't defend the stupidities you post on TOL.:)

(And, really now, "from now on"? As if you hadn't been doing so all along, you easily-triggered Nazi leftard! Spare me.)

Oh goody, Captain snorefest has entered the fray with yet another insomnia curing post...

Only on the far right...

:dizzy:

7djengo7

What (if anything) do you mean by your parroted phrase "Christian nationalism"?
<NO ANSWER>
If one wants to say that something is "a distortion of the gospel of Jesus", why would he or she want to turn around and call it "Christian"?
<NO ANSWER>
Shouldn't those whom you have just parroted have, instead, said, "As Christians, we must speak in one voice condemning [non-, or anti-Christian] nationalism...."?
<NO ANSWER>
Why do you consider use of the phrase, "Christians Against Christian Nationalism", to be somehow better for your cause than use of a phrase like, "Christians Against Non-Christian Nationalism", or "Christians Against Ant-Christian Nationlism"?
<NO ANSWER>

7djengo7

I wouldn't even bother to read them...

You only say that because you're an airhead.

But, you're at least not dumb enough to fail to understand that you'd necessarily embarrass yourself further, were you to actually try to deal with what I have written. :)

You can't defend your stupidities, your Nazi leftard ravings--that is, the stupidities, the Nazi leftard ravings of those whom you let do your thinking for you, whose words you parrot on TOL.

7djengo7

Has your Xbox blown up again?

Ah, I see you're trying to project your proneness to throwing temper tantrums onto inanimate objects like Xbox's. The fact is, you're what's blown up, again. Although, your capacity for creating clever insults has not been damaged in the explosion, for, from the beginning, you've never even had any capacity for creating clever insults.

Arthur Brain

Ah, I see you're trying to project your proneness to throwing temper tantrums onto inanimate objects like Xbox's. The fact is, you're what's blown up, again. Although, your capacity for creating clever insults has not been damaged in the explosion, for, from the beginning, you've never even had any capacity for creating clever insults.

Well that was a fun read...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.