Denying Facts

Right Divider

Body part

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That's a lot of lying. I explained some of the many ASSUMPTIONS that this dating method requires. You, in your childish manner, tried to belittle me for pointing out that FACT.

You're arguing with a child who doesn't understand the position he believes in

Arthur Brain

About as substantive as I'd expect. You were schooled by Alate One which is hardly surprising but you wouldn't listen and if you were honest you were never going to either. You're not interested in anything that contradicts your young earth belief. Science moves on regardless and rightly so.

Right Divider

Body part
About as substantive as I'd expect. You were schooled by Alate One which is hardly surprising but you wouldn't listen and if you were honest you were never going to either. You're not interested in anything that contradicts your young earth belief. Science moves on regardless and rightly so.

You guys are "true believers".

Oh quite the contrary... I will look at ANY and ALL facts. Let's start with the origin of earth's radioactive elements.

Arthur Brain

You guys are "true believers".

Oh quite the contrary... I will look at ANY and ALL facts. Let's start with the origin of earth's radioactive elements.

Really? So you'd question your belief that the earth is only ten thousand years old at any given point? Is there some sort of conspiracy going on in science where biology, physics and chemistry all point to an earth far older than that?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Is the basis of your question your underlying distrust of "experts"?

The basis of my question is the fact that folk like chair, Arthur Brain, and yourself, have absolutely nothing to offer in recommendation of the things you say on TOL, beyond your saying, in effect, "Other people--scientists, experts--have told us that such and such is the case, and we take their word for it, because they are scientists and experts." Well, your ship sinks right there, because you are at a dead end with this question: But why do you call those, "experts" and "scientists", whom you call, "experts" and "scientists"? Your word, above highlighted, supplies your answer: "Because we TRUST that they should be called 'experts' and 'scientists'!" But, so what? That's a useless response to critics who do not share in your TRUST. Notice that you've just admitted that the basis--the first principle--of your "scientific" worldview, is your "underlying trust" of certain people who are not you.

You amount to no more than sidewalk picketers holding up signs that read, "Trust Science! We Do!" You're abject posers regarding fundamental epistemological questions.

Notice that, so far, neither chair, nor Arthur Brain, nor yourself, has answered, or even tried to answer, or even tried to look like you're trying to answer the questions I asked:

When you claim that something is "measurable", on what do you imagine you're basing your claim?

Have you, personally, "measured" whatever you claim is "measurable", or are you just parroting someone else's claim that such and such is "measurable", and that they've "measured" it?

It's super funny that you reacted to my post with a post of your own--without answering, or even trying to answer, the questions I asked. Thank you.:)

Right Divider

Body part
Really? So you'd question your belief that the earth is only ten thousand years old at any given point?
Like I said... most of us in the US public school system were indoctrinated into the old earth dogma. So I've questioned things a lot and found that the facts support a young earth quite well. The models that are used to support billions of years are full of problems that most just sweep under the rug.

Is there some sort of conspiracy going on in science where biology, physics and chemistry all point to an earth far older than that?
Please lay out the facts from biology, physics and chemistry that lead you to believe that the earth is billions of years old.

Gary K

Banned
You pointed out nothing of the sort and you had it explained to you in detail. Alate One had the utmost patience in trying to break things down for you and others only to be met with the same, predictable tired garbage as response. It's no wonder she pretty much gave up on it in the end on here because there's only so long anyone can cope with ignorance.

And she had all the evidence for creation pointed out to her and she rejected all of it. just like you do. You guys are the deniers of fact. Alate also would claim Christianity and then dance away from it by denigrating the Bible and it's basic principles. Her arguments were deceitful and so was her claimed position of "loving Jesus" as she said the very book that prophesed His coming was just a musty old book written by a bunch of backwoods hicks. The very book that tells us about Jesus was to her nothing but a fairy tale, so how could she actually "love Jesus"? She couldn't for she rejected the very book He inspired to tell us about Himself.

7djengo7

Really? So you'd question your belief that the earth is only ten thousand years old at any given point?

Why would, or should, anybody question whether something that is true is true? Only imbeciles could say something like, "Although X is true, I'm not sure whether or not it is true, and I need to learn whether or not it is true." But, we already know that you despise, and continuously war against, logic and systematic coherence, and are given to fast fleeing away from any and all questioning regarding epistemology.

Is there some sort of conspiracy going on in science where biology, physics and chemistry all point to an earth far older than that?

There's some sort of conspiracy going on amongst God-despisers such as yourself to continue popularizing, as much as possible, the calling of nonsense and falsehood, "science", "biology", "physics", "chemistry", etc. Of course Darwin cheerleaders such as yourself claim that the earth is far older than 10,000 years--but that's merely your Darwinism speaking, and not science.

7djengo7

I love that you are saying that someone else (not you) "schooled" us. It's funny that you say, "You were schooled by Alate One", rather than, "You were schooled by me". Not sure why you'd imagine that Alate_One's pitiful performance has been in some degree better than yours, though; you've both failed equally dismally, if your goal was to present truth and logic, seeing as all you've presented has been nonsense, falsehood, anti-logic, and, of course, beaucoup stonewalling against the questions that we've asked you.

Now, what exactly do you mean by saying that a Darwinist cheerleader has "schooled" us, when we're obviously no closer to finding any merit in your billions-of-years-old earth fairytale after having been "schooled" than we were before?

Your billions-of-years-old-earth belief is in contradiction to our less-than-ten-thousand-years-old-earth belief, and vice versa; you're not interested in anything that contradicts your billions-of-years-old-earth belief, you shallow hypocrite.

"Science moves on..."

The nonsense and falsehood you call "science" is, indeed, always on the move--running away from the scrutiny and questioning leveled against it by truth and logic. Darwinist cheerleaders such as yourself are, in fact, its very legs in such flight.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is not a thread about COVID-19, Global warming, or any of these types of topics in particular. Just an observation that some people prefer to deny plain facts rather than argue their case in a more logical manner. There is room for discussion on how best to handle COVID-19, but there is no room for pretending that there isn't a problem.
Who are these people you refer to? Certainly not the people that are actually responding to you... that you refuse to engage in a rational discussion with.

Arthur Brain

And she had all the evidence for creation pointed out to her and she rejected all of it. just like you do. You guys are the deniers of fact. Alate also would claim Christianity and then dance away from it by denigrating the Bible and it's basic principles. Her arguments were deceitful and so was her claimed position of "loving Jesus" as she said the very book that prophesed His coming was just a musty old book written by a bunch of backwoods hicks. The very book that tells us about Jesus was to her nothing but a fairy tale, so how could she actually "love Jesus"? She couldn't for she rejected the very book He inspired to tell us about Himself.

Her arguments were solid and the one being deceitful here is you. It may come as a newsflash for you but fundamentalism and young earth creationism is not Christianity. Alate was candidly honest about her crisis of faith on here after formerly being a YEC herself and then realizing that the evidence couldn't support that. She's a professor of biology and she knows her stuff and was intellectually honest enough to acknowledge that science simply doesn't correspond with a young earth. Quote where she said that the Bible is "just a musty old book written by a bunch of backwood hicks" otherwise that's complete and utter lying on your part. It took courage for Alate to tackle concerns and retain her belief while discarding her former one. It takes none for you to talk about someone in the pathetic way you did here.

Arthur Brain

I love that you are saying that someone else (not you) "schooled" us. It's funny that you say, "You were schooled by Alate One", rather than, "You were schooled by me". Not sure why you'd imagine that Alate_One's pitiful performance has been in some degree better than yours, though; you've both failed equally dismally, if your goal was to present truth and logic, seeing as all you've presented has been nonsense, falsehood, anti-logic, and, of course, beaucoup stonewalling against the questions that we've asked you.

Now, what exactly do you mean by saying that a Darwinist cheerleader has "schooled" us, when we're obviously no closer to finding any merit in your billions-of-years-old earth fairytale after having been "schooled" than we were before?

Your billions-of-years-old-earth belief is in contradiction to our less-than-ten-thousand-years-old-earth belief, and vice versa; you're not interested in anything that contradicts your billions-of-years-old-earth belief, you shallow hypocrite.

"Science moves on..."

The nonsense and falsehood you call "science" is, indeed, always on the move--running away from the scrutiny and questioning leveled against it by truth and logic. Darwinist cheerleaders such as yourself are, in fact, its very legs in such flight.

Oh goody, another self impressed, rambling 7Djengo7 offering.

Alate teaches science and she schooled people on here who had nothing in rebuttal but the same tired tropes but others benefited from it.

Arthur Brain

Like I said... most of us in the US public school system were indoctrinated into the old earth dogma. So I've questioned things a lot and found that the facts support a young earth quite well. The models that are used to support billions of years are full of problems that most just sweep under the rug.

Please lay out the facts from biology, physics and chemistry that lead you to believe that the earth is billions of years old.

What problems? You don't think that the majority of accomplished scientists around the world would have discovered them as you supposedly have by now? That's as lame an argument as anything

No thanks on the latter. You've had detailed explanations already and it's abundantly apparent that you're not interested in anything that contravenes your young earth belief system. You should just be honest and admit that.