ECT Demonic activity (or plain insanity) caught on video at charismatic church

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Danoh, just to clarify some of your long-winded posts ....... are you suggesting that there is no longer any demonic activity going on today?

andyc

In other words - as Musti put it - "you don't even understand what we believe."

I challenge you to find this accountability error you are asserting any MAD supposedly holds to, even in the first ten minutes of this video study "Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IM8KmnXAhY&app=desktop

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:6-8 towards ya.

When you say "we", who are you referring to? I believe there are actually tongue speaking madists in existence, although I've never met one.
If you're referring to the dispensationism itself, I'm fully aware of what you believe.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't want to be rude but you don't even understand what we believe, so your question doesn't make sense. I will say this. This issue is only about the purpose for the signs and wonders as seen in the book of Acts.

Historically speaking, it appears to be the case that speaking in tongues and other such "manifestations" largely decreased after the time of the apostles, and did not return in large practice until the Azusa Street Revival. Here is a link to the history section of Wikipedia's article on speaking in tongues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia#History

oatmeal

Is there such a thing as false "manifestations of the Spirit" today?

Yes, even as there are false apostles and prophets, there are also counterfeits of the manifestation of the spirit.

However, it is interesting to note that there are scriptural records that show the counterfeit in action, ie, false wisdom, false knowledge, lying signs and wonders, etc. but there is not a single record of speaking in tongues being counterfeited.

People can try to fake it, but basically, and I do say basically, speaking in tongues cannot be counterfeited.

That is to the extent that the others can be.

People can and do use what God gave for our good and use it wrongly.

Just like marriage, it can be done God's way or some other way that pollutes it

That does not make the concept of marriage evil or wrong, but unless we live it God's way, we are at the best shortchanging ourselves from the greatness of what it could be.

Same with being a Christian, some people do not live accordingly, that does not mean they are any less a Christian as far as being saved or having eternal life, but until they take their relationship with God our Father seriously, they will miss out on the great joys and victories in every day living that is available to those who walk the walk and talk the talk

Therefore, like any subject that God's word covers and instructs, we must be mindful to make sure we can tell the difference between truth and tradition, between right doctrine and man's imaginations, between men's opinions and God's words, between righteousness and error.

musterion

However, it is interesting to note that there are scriptural records that show the counterfeit in action, ie, false wisdom, false knowledge, lying signs and wonders, etc. but there is not a single record of speaking in tongues being counterfeited.

Debatable. Paul referenced tongues and unknown tongues. There is a distinction in the text. Some see that distinction and believe he was accounting for "tongues" that people faked at Corinth because, apparently, speaking in an actual language (the true and only sign gift) was so hotly desired by those who didn't have it but were willing to fake it. That, along with probable carnality of some who DID have the gift, would help explain all the chaotic disorder, the rivalries, the contention, etc. It sounded insane to those who did not believe--because there was often no actual language being spoken, just babbling into the air. Just like ever since Asuza Street.

People can try to fake it, but basically, and I do say basically, speaking in tongues cannot be counterfeited.

They ALL sound identical -- that is a MAJOR (I say insurmountable) problem that no Charismatic has ever adequately addressed.

But the bottom line is, they were a sign for the sign people (Jews) in the synagogue right next door to the church at Corinth. When God quit dealing with the sign people, the sign gifts were withdrawn (Paul eventually leaving Trophimus sick at Miletus instead of healing him, for example).