Delmar's POD 8-10-14

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today's POD goes to Strpe for his masterful answer to this silly question.
Is a platonic gay relationship Biblically ok?

Is it OK to be a thief who never steals?
Is it OK to be a liar who never bears false witness?
Is it OK to be a murderer who never kills people?

Is it OK to be a moron who always asks sane qu...

Oh, wait. :doh:
:first: Post of the day!

shagster01

Or is it that a gay couple has no biblical reason to be denied marriage if they are platonic?

Posted from the TOL App!

S0ZO

Even if they are physically attracted to other men?
shag

I think understand your question.

Jesus defined those men who lust after a woman in his heart as an "adulterer". So why would it not also be true of a man who lusts after another man in his heart be a homosexual. Correct?

bybee

shag

I think understand your question.

Jesus defined those men who lust after a woman in his heart as an "adulterer". So why would it not also be true of a man who lusts after another man in his heart be a homosexual. Correct?

Lust may have many objects. It is lusting that is a sin.
Lust always puts self first.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you think Jesus referred to those men who lust after women as adulterers?

I think within the Hebew culture it was considered a given that men lusting after men is wicked. Why bother bringing up what everybody knows?

bybee

Why do you think Jesus referred to those men who lust after women as adulterers?

A man married a woman. Once married he had a moral obligation to cleave to his wife only. Sin begins in the mind. Therefore Christ warned the married man against allowing thoughts of other women to have free rein his mind.

S0ZO

A man married a woman. Once married he had a moral obligation to cleave to his wife only. Sin begins in the mind. Therefore Christ warned the married man against allowing thoughts of other women to have free rein his mind.
Sorry, but that is not why Jesus said that.

He said that because it is a sin to lust after a woman. In fact, it is committing adultery to do so.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:28

bybee

Sorry, but that is not why Jesus said that.

He said that because it is a sin to lust after a woman. In fact, it is committing adultery to do so.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:28

Agreed. He didn't just address himself to married men.