Delmar's POD 6-28-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ApologeticJedi said:
Offering $25k to suicide bombers who killing innocent Jews gives the right for any country to come and overthrow Saddam's rule.

There has not been murder of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Some innocent people have died, I agree ... but it was not murder.

[Please note how irrational Skeptic's thinking is. It isn't enough to say that innocent people have died due to blundering by Bush (which I probably would agree with), but his hatred of Bush compells him to use the word "murder", even when it is obvious that such a word does not belong in this context). And would he be able to admit (without prodding) that it is a poor choice of words ... of corse not! Irrational people can't tell when they've gone over the top, and will even defend that they haven't. ]

Every war results in collateral deaths. During WWII we bombed Bulgaria to bits to get at Hitler ... and it was the right course of action.

Whenever one country violates a treaty after their defeat, that is justification for a massive invasion. Whenever someone offers $25k to bomb the innocent, that justifies invasion. Plenty of justification was there, for multiple reasons, to launch a massive invasion.

Clearly you have a strong bias against Bush, therefore it is not surprising that your judgement on this matter is irrational. I have a bias against Bush as well, but I was able to divorce myself from it and admit when Bush does the right thing (though I believe he has grossly mismanaged this war - but I hve recognized that such doesn't mean that the war itself was unjustified).
:first: POD context

drbrumley

ApologeticJedi said:
Whenever one country violates a treaty after their defeat, that is justification for a massive invasion.

And what treaty is this? The false treaty after the 1991 Gulf War, where we had NO BUSINESS to be in the first place?

I tell you AJ, please stop listening to this garbage your being told and think for yourself once in awhile, it may do you some good.

The disinformation here is stunning.

drbrumley

Ok sure it is. :down: Some things were right in what he said, others were not. Hardly a POTD!

But suit yourself.

No offense meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.