Delmar's POD 5-9-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is, so far, the most evil post of the thread.
Underneath your avatar you post the contradictory claim of being both Christian and more left than right. Which is it? Are you a Christian or aren't you?

If you are a Christian then why do you think your opinion matters about such things? Who are you to make moral pronouncements about what God has called a crime, or don't you care about what God said in His word concerning justice? Are you aware that your salvation hinges directly upon God's idea of justice and that you undermine the very gospel message itself when you say such things; not to mention that you contribute to the destruction of not only these people who are killing themselves with their "lifestyle" but tearing apart the very fabric of civilized society as well?

I seriously don't understand why people who completely ignore God on such matters want to call themselves Christians? Is it that it somehow makes you feel better about yourself? Are you afraid to offend you mother or something if you drop the title "Christian"? I seriously don't get it! The God who, in accordance with the principles of justice, bought you with His own blood tells us explicitly what behavior is criminal as well as what should be done with convicted criminals and you don't even bother to find out what He says about the issue, or else you have found out and simply choose to ignore Him. It's just the nearest thing to insanity that I can think of at the moment. Do you seriously believe that you are more just than God? Are you wiser than He is? You figure God got most things pretty close to right but this executing homos stuff He just really missed the boat on, is that it? Please explain how you came to the conclusion that instead of submitting yourself to the counsel of God's word, it was better to tell God, "Thank you very much for the whole dying on the cross thing but you can take a hike when it comes to criminal justice stuff, there's no way I'm going to buy that nonsense! People with think I'm a religious zealot or something!"

Resting in Him,
Clete

:first:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1404378&postcount=16

Sozo

:sigh:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Delmar again.

Status
Not open for further replies.