David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever.

beameup

In that day Judah will be saved,
and Jerusalem will live in safety.
And this will be Jerusalem's name:
The LORD Is Our Righteousness.’

For this is what the LORD says: David
will have a descendant sitting on the
throne of Israel forever

And there will always be Levitical priests to offer
burnt offerings and grain offerings and sacrifices to me.”

Jeremiah 33:16-18

beloved57

throne of Israel forever

Fulfilled in Christ and His Body the Church.

beloved57

Where is the throne in Jerusalem Israel?
Has the name been changed to "The Lord our Righteousness"?
Are the Levitical priests offering sacrifices?

Don't know what you talking about, but all the promises of God are fulfilled in Christ 2 Cor 1:20
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us

Ben Masada

In that day Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will live in safety. And this will be Jerusalem's name: The LORD Is Our Righteousness. For this is what the LORD says: David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever. And there will always be Levitical priests to offer burnt offerings and grain offerings and sacrifices to me.” Jeremiah 33:16-18

As we all know, Israel aka the Ten Tribes was conquered by the Assyrians and taken to exile forever. (Psalm 78:67-70) Judah was taken to exile in Babylon for 70 years only and the Lord redeemed us to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Judah was the Tribe of David and it was redeemed for the sake of David to remain as a lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36) That's the descendant of David sitting on the throne of David today. I know the Temple will be rebuild but I have no hopes for the return of sacrifices. I really hope not. Moses' idea to add them proved to have been a mistake, considering that most troubles of Israel were due to sacrifices. Hence Prophet Jeremiah declared that HaShem Himself never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel.

beloved57

As we all know, Israel aka the Ten Tribes was conquered by the Assyrians and taken to exile forever. (Psalm 78:67-70) Judah was taken to exile in Babylon for 70 years only and the Lord redeemed us to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Judah was the Tribe of David and it was redeemed for the sake of David to remain as a lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36) That's the descendant of David sitting on the throne of David today. I know the Temple will be rebuild but I have no hopes for the return of sacrifices. I really hope not. Moses' idea to add them proved to have been a mistake, considering that most troubles of Israel were due to sacrifices. Hence Prophet Jeremiah declared that HaShem Himself never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel.

You believe in golden calf worship?

Cross Reference

throne of Israel forever

Excuse me. This is how it reads:

"In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually."
Jeremiah 33:16-18 (KJV) . . . . Says God Almighty!

beameup

Ought ye not to know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David forever, even to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt? - 2 Chronicles 13:5 KJV

And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD forever.
- 1 Kings 2:45 KJV

Cross Reference

Ought ye not to know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David forever, even to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt? - 2 Chronicles 13:5 KJV

And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD forever.
- 1 Kings 2:45 KJV

By the Glorified Jesus Christ, Beam. Jesus Christ, a descendant of David through Mary and the direct Descendant of God Almighty. That is Who He is and that is Who will ruler and reign for a thousand years with His multimembered body, with a rod of iron:

"And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain." Zechariah 14:16-17 (KJV)

Ben Masada

And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD forever. - 1 Kings 2:45 KJV

Yes, forever but, as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. Not forever without any thing attached. The promises of the Lord are conditional to man's loyalty to his covenant with the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

beameup

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
the sceptre of thy Kingdom is a right sceptre.

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness:
therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with
the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- Psalm 45:6-7

'God' is the Hebrew 'elohiym

beameup

Yes, forever but, as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. Not forever without any thing attached. The promises of the Lord are conditional to man's loyalty to his covenant with the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

This regathering of Jews in the Holy Land is taking place at this very moment, according to God's plan:
And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. - Jeremiah 23:3

This is God's eternal plan for Jews in the Holy Land:
And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. - Jeremiah 23:4
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a Righteous Branch, and a KING shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. - Jeremiah 23:5
In HIS days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is HIS NAME whereby HE shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. - Jeremiah 23:6

beloved57

This regathering of Jews in the Holy Land is taking place at this very moment, according to God's plan:
And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. - Jeremiah 23:3

This is God's eternal plan for Jews in the Holy Land:
And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. - Jeremiah 23:4
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a Righteous Branch, and a KING shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. - Jeremiah 23:5
In HIS days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is HIS NAME whereby HE shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. - Jeremiah 23:6

Rom 9:8
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Abrahams descendants Israel according to the flesh are not the children of promise or God!

beameup

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. - Romans 11:25-27

Cross Reference

Which is the reason for the God allowing the devil to tempt Christians as he did Jesus; to prove their allegiance. To test the Christian as He tested the faith of Abraham and the children of Israel under Moses. God will have a people proven loyal to Him and then the end will come.

beameup

The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David;
he will not turn from it; Of the fruit
of thy body will I set upon thy THRONE.

Psalm 132:11

The Son of David/God the Son, awaits at the right-hand of God the Father,
ready to reclaim the earth and sit upon David's throne.

beameup

Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season; then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

Jeremiah 33:20-22

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spam removed. You won't have anymore trouble with him spamming your thread.

beameup

My COVENANT will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto DAVID. HIS SEED shall endure forever, and his THRONE as the sun before me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
Psalm 89:34-37