Date of Christ's Crucifixion & Resurrection

Samie

King Darius fasted the whole night when Daniel was thrown into the lion's den. David and his men fasted until even when he learned of Saul's death. Scriptures delineates fasting at daytime vis-a-vis fasting at nighttime. To fast day and night is fasting twice a day.

Samie

I have shown you that the way translators treated sabbatou smells of doctrinal bias. See Luke 18:12 and Mark 16:1

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have Scriptures that σαββάτου can mean week?

Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week (sabbaton), when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” (John 20:19)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christianity isn't supposed to be easy.

Actually it is much easier than secular ways. In the world, most of us set the goal to achieve high like finishing degree and obtaining PhD and etc.

Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow. And Jesus says His yoke is easy.

I don't have material blessings much but I am happy with following Jesus' ways.

just my two cents.

achduke

Fasting twice a day is not in scriptures.
Scriptures show full day fasts.
Est 4:16 "Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!"

Even Ester talks about fasting night and day

Samie

But back to topic.

Mark EXPLICITLY recorded that Jesus rose on a "σαββάτου". The Greek Old Testament attests that σαββάτου refers to "sabbath" and NEVER to "week". And Sunday that paschal week did not and cannot fall on any ceremonial sabbath. Hence, Greek Scriptures tell us that Jesus resurrected on a sabbath, and that could not possibly be on a Sunday.

Samie

Mark 16:9 Ἀναστὰς δὲ πρωῒ πρώτῃ σαββάτου ἐφάνη πρῶτον Μαρίᾳ τῇ Μαγδαληνῇ, [h]παρ’ ἧς ἐκβεβλήκει ἑπτὰ δαιμόνια.

πρωῒ πρώτῃ σαββάτου = early morning of the chief sabbath.

Why chief sabbath?

The Lord calls a ceremonial sabbath "your sabbath" while He refers to the weekly sabbath as "the Sabbath of the Lord". Between a ceremonial sabbath and the weekly sabbath, the chief sabbath is undoubtedly the weekly Sabbath, Saturday.

The Greek phrase "μιᾷ τῶν σαββάτων" which literally is "one of the sabbaths" is used in the resurrection verses. This tells us there was more than one sabbath that paschal week, and in that week there was that sabbath according to the commandment which is the weekly sabbath, Saturday.

Therefore Jesus resurrected Saturday, the chief sabbath.

genuineoriginal

Why would there be no fasting twice a day in Scriptures when the gospels record that Christ fasted forty days and forty nights? And that fasting was done in forty whole days!
Why would you think a single 40 day and night fast shows someone fasting twice a day?

genuineoriginal

Est 4:16 "Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!"

Even Ester talks about fasting night and day

Yes, one fast that lasted three days and nights.
Not two fasts in a single day.

genuineoriginal

But back to topic.

Mark EXPLICITLY recorded that Jesus rose on a "σαββάτου". The Greek Old Testament attests that σαββάτου refers to "sabbath" and NEVER to "week". And Sunday that paschal week did not and cannot fall on any ceremonial sabbath. Hence, Greek Scriptures tell us that Jesus resurrected on a sabbath, and that could not possibly be on a Sunday.

Once again, the verse states that Jesus met with Mary Magdalene early on the first day of the week, after He had risen.

But, if you really want to go there, we can discuss whether Mark 16:9-10 was really part of Mark when it was written or whether it was inserted later by a different author that didn't understand the difference between Sabbath and week.

Samie

Why would you think a single 40 day and night fast shows someone fasting twice a day?
I just did not think about it; Scriptures say it, here:

NKJ Matthew 4:2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.

That's fasting at daytime and fasting at nighttime each day for forty days. Why would it not be fasting twice a day? Just because I have shown you Scriptures on twice a day fasting and you have no Scriptures for your twice a week fasting?

"sabbatou" is not intended for "week" in Scriptures. Jesus resurrected πρωῒ πρώτῃ σαββάτου = early morning of the chief sabbath. That's Saturday.