Darwin Award nominee

Arthur Brain

The guy in the following link didn't succeed in eliminating himself from the gene pool, but his stupidity ranks high enough, or should that be low enough, to deserve a mention on the Darwin Awards.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/12...-who-cemented-microwave-oven-to-his-head.html

He's young and self admittedly irresponsible for the ill thought out prank, as were his friends. If that's a 'qualifier' for being removed from the gene pool then plenty of folk have 'passed' the bar on that score when they're that age or thereabouts.

Gary K

Banned
He's young and self admittedly irresponsible for the ill thought out prank, as were his friends. If that's a 'qualifier' for being removed from the gene pool then plenty of folk have 'passed' the bar on that score when they're that age or thereabouts.

Ill thought out? Not thought out at all. Anyone who puts that little thought into doing something that is potentially fatal is displaying a remarkably high level of not thinking.

Irresponsibility is not showing up for work once in a while, or maybe not paying a bill and buying a new toy instead. This guy did something that came within a hairsbreadth of killing him and put no more thought into that than a little kid might. The article says that his buddies had to feed a tube into him somehow so he could breath. It doesn't seem to have occurred to any of the 3 or more people involved in this stupid stunt that it needed to be carefully planned and a lot of thought was needed before hand. That is stupidity, not irresponsibility. And, yes, doing something like this is enough to remove someone from the gene pool. This guy came very close to doing just that.

If you have ever read the Darwin Awards you know a lot of other people have paid the ultimate price for doing things that they should have known, if they had applied at least a small amount of thought, had a good chance of killing them. It's like the guy in the following link. At the age of 31 he didn't know it wasn't a good idea to stand directly in front of the vending machine he is going blow up to apply the match to the cloud of explosive vapors he himself had put inside it.

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2017-02.html

Arthur Brain

Ill thought out? Not thought out at all. Anyone who puts that little thought into doing something that is potentially fatal is displaying a remarkably high level of not thinking.

Sometimes people who are drunk think it's a good idea to climb a tree. Well thought out? Hardly. Potentially lethal? Yes. Sure, this guy and his buddies were involved in a highly ill thought out prank but I doubt any of them thought it was potentially lethal from the get go until things started going wrong. They wouldn't be the first and they won't be the last. Do you think the young lad deserved to die for being so foolhardy? Chances are he won't be pulling similar stunts anymore and hopefully he has a long and productive life. I'd sooner that than read about his death in some book that takes humour in the deaths of people where most of us have been bloody stupid at some point in our life and lived to tell the tale...

Irresponsibility is not showing up for work once in a while, or maybe not paying a bill and buying a new toy instead. This guy did something that came within a hairsbreadth of killing him and put no more thought into that than a little kid might. The article says that his buddies had to feed a tube into him somehow so he could breath. It doesn't seem to have occurred to any of the 3 or more people involved in this stupid stunt that it needed to be carefully planned and a lot of thought was needed before hand. That is stupidity, not irresponsibility. And, yes, doing something like this is enough to remove someone from the gene pool. This guy came very close to doing just that.

Irresponsibility can cover a lot more than that and nobody's denying that what these guys tried was as stupid and dumb as it was irresponsible. I doubt the guy himself will tell you anything else after such a near death experience.

If you have ever read the Darwin Awards you know a lot of other people have paid the ultimate price for doing things that they should have known, if they had applied at least a small amount of thought, had a good chance of killing them. It's like the guy in the following link. At the age of 31 he didn't know it wasn't a good idea to stand directly in front of the vending machine he is going blow up to apply the match to the cloud of explosive vapors he himself had put inside it.

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2017-02.html

I know all about the Darwin awards and I'm not interested. Some of the ones I've read have been as much misfortune as stupidity and either way, I find it pretty sick to find humour or entertainment in people losing their lives for doing dumb things and if you do then that's up to you.