DACA - Dreamers

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Agreed with the exception of the children who broke no law, and were taken here. Do you think they should just be dropped off in mexico when they grew up here through no fault of their own? I say let them be taxpaying citizens, they didn't break the law, their parents did.

I agree with you. :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Money for the border wall, end chain migration and merit based migration or no DACA. The deadline is January 19th and Trump will start deporting. The law is already on the books so the demonrats better negotiate.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=2]Theodore Roosevelt > Quotes > Quotable Quote[/h] [h=1]“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”[/h]
Theodore Roosevelt

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I believe Trump will be impeached after the midterms. The democrats will not defend him even though Trump will have made them winners in the midterm elections. There is a price for Donald's arrogance.

Good example, he wants to save DACA, and build a wall. He hasn't allowed to his returns to be audited, because he launders Russian mafia money. He doesn't apologize for sexual assault, and he doesn't apologize for looking like a rapist.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Take them to an orphanage in Mexico.

I'll give you an example of where I'm coming from and how I'm assessing the situation.
Be warned ahead of time, this not about man over animals, but just the concept of what I see happening.

I lived in the country (rural).
We were constantly being dumped upon by town folks that had litters of puppies or kittens they didn't want to raise at their own house.
I love puppies and kittens!
No fault of the pups and kitties.
But I couldn't care for every stray that got dropped off at my house (feed, shelter, medical, etc, and time spent) and still be able to take proper care of my own because of the burden of time and expense due to the sheer quantity of them, no matter how much I love and adore puppies and kittens.
Drop off a stray at my home, and as heartbreaking as it is, it's going to the pet orphanage - the dog pound.

687474703a2f2f656469746f7269616c636172746f6f6e697374732e636f6d2f636172746f6f6e732f48616e6473502f323031372f48616e64735032303137303230325f6c6f772e6a7067

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State

Acting director for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Thomas Homan seems like he plans to keep his promise for the newly labeled “sanctuary state” California, and start focusing on immigration enforcement actions.

According to an anonymous source speaking to the San Francisco Chronicle, the agency is planning to conduct a large-scale sweep of the California’s San Francisco Bay Area, allegedly in the coming weeks.
Homan warned California’s Gov. Jerry Brown that his new sanctuary law would only encourage ICE “to conduct at-large arrests in local neighborhoods and at work sites, which will inevitably result in additional collateral arrests, instead of focusing on arrests at jails and prisons where transfers are safer for ICE officers and the community.”

“Immigration enforcement has been ongoing in California, with federal authorities carrying out enforcement activities like recently initialed payroll audits of one hundred 7-11 stores that quickly resulted in the arrest of 21 suspected illegal aliens. California was one of many states where these actions took place,” reports Breitbart. “ICE official Derek Benner pointed to the 7-11 enforcements as just the beginning of much more to come, according to the Associated Press.”

MAGA

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Here’s what Antonio Villaraigosa said on July 31, 2017 on MSNBC.

"I think we all agree that people that commit violent crimes ought to be deported. But going after the undocumented is not a crime strategy, when you look at the fact that the National Academy of Sciences in, I think it was November of 2015, the undocumented immigrants commit less crimes than the native born. That’s just a fact."

We decided to examine this last point as part of our Tracking The Truth series, which fact-checks claims in the 2018 California governor's race.

We interpreted Villaraigosa’s statement to mean undocumented people commit crimes at a lower rate than the native born.

But we wondered whether this was really a settled matter.

We set out on a fact check...

Villaraigosa said "undocumented immigrants commit less crimes than the native born."

He cited a 2015 study by the National Academy of Sciences that backs up this claim.

In a fact check last year, PolitiFact rated a similar claim Mostly True. It cited additional studies by scholars and partisan groups that show that the foreign-born population is less likely to commit crimes than the native-born.

It also found that researchers agree more data is needed to get a better understanding of immigration and crime. It said this was a needed clarification.

PolitiFact California agrees with these findings.

We rated Villaraigosa’s claim Mostly True.

http://www.politifact.com/californi...-true-undocumented-immigrants-less-likely-co/

As usual, Tucker is mostly lying.

Jerry Shugart

The Dems could have solved the immigration problem when they had total control under Obama. But instead of solving it they did nothing because the issue is a big part of their identity politics!

Divide and conquer is their motto!

They care nothing about the country because the only thing which interests them is power!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The DACA deadline isn't until March 6th, I think. Why are the dems shutting down the government foe illegal immigrants? Politics, resistance. They don't care about the health insurance for 9 million babies, paychecks for Federal employees and military or the American people. They are already losing the PR battle. 2018 doesn't look good for liberals.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The Dems could have solved the immigration problem when they had total control under Obama.

He could have. Instead, he focused on deporting the dangerous criminals first. Yes, that left the law-abiding DACA people alone, but it didn't really solve the problem. It left them at the risk of being deported in the future by someone like Trump.

Trump and many republicans don't really hate them, but it's a big part of their identity politics.

Divide and conquer is their motto!

It's just pragmatism. Nixon started pandering to the racists, and now, republicans can't win without them.

They care nothing about the country because the only thing which interests them is power!

As I said, it's just pragmatism. As you see, illegal immigrants tend to be more law-abiding than native-born Americans. But guys like Tucker lie about that, because they need to keep the racists voting republican. He might not even personally hate other races. For a lot of people like him, it's just business.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The root cause of the dispute about immigration, is that the countries from which many people want to emigrate, are censored-hole countries.

If they cleaned up their act, then there wouldn't be such pressure on immigration here in the US. That's not going to happen, but it will happen when we begin to welcome new states into the Union. When we annex new states, then it's not immigration anymore, and their current problems become our problems, which we will all help solve.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The root cause of the dispute about immigration, is that the countries from which many people want to emigrate, are censored-hole countries.

If they cleaned up their act, then there wouldn't be such pressure on immigration here in the US.

Ironically, Norway was one of those ****hole countries during the years that so many of them came to America. Poor and poorly-educated, the "Norskies" were treated badly, discriminated against, and mostly relegated to poverty and hard labor.

Nevertheless, they overcame these hardships, and their descendants are taking part in the American Dream.

That's not going to happen, but it will happen when we begin to welcome new states into the Union. When we annex new states, then it's not immigration anymore, and their current problems become our problems, which we will all help solve.

At the end of the Mexican War, President Polk was interested in annexing Mexico. That fell through, mainly because the prospect of that many free states entering the Union alarmed the slave states.

What a difference that would have made for the people of Mexico, who likely would have prospered as the inhabitants of the annexed areas of the Southwest prospered.