Crow's pick 6-6-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

POTD!:first: :crow2:

Originally posted by 1Way

Lighthouse - I'd be willing to bet you a paycheck that if your friend heard what you just said, he or she would say you are wrong and misrepresenting their view. Consider.
  1. Everyone from Omni-causal Calvinists and Open Viewers knows that it is wrong to rape someone. Everyone.
  2. Rape being absolutely wrong is a given for saved people or not saved people just as well.
  3. But you set as mutually incongruent, being saved, and yet still sinning.
It's still like I said, who many sins, or how bad of a sin does it take to loose your salvation in this dispensation? Paul says that once we are saved, several amazing things happens to us.
  • Indwelling Holy Spirit
  • Sealed for the day of redemption
  • Christ's righteousness is accounted to us
  • We are a new creature, in Christ
  • God is faithful, He cannot reject Himself, so we will not be denied by God(2Tim 2:13)
Instead, when we are not obedient to God, we suffer loss of spiritual reward, see 1Cor 3:9-15.

1Co 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

David was worse than your example, he was a two time capitol offender, murdered and committed adultery. Yet the bible says one of the most amazing statements about him, saying that God had a heart after David.
  • 1Sa 13:14 "But now your kingdom shall not continue. The LORD has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the LORD has commanded him [to be] commander over His people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you."

Ac 13:22 "And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after My [own] heart, who will do all My will.’
So, lighthouse, it is wrong to sin, everyone knows that, but you can sin, and sin terribly, and still be found in favor with God. Now, I could be wrong about your friend, they might be a universalist, or they might be nicer than God, I can not say, but I have a very hard time believing he or she just believes it's ok to sin. I say it like this, we can sin, not that it's ok, it is not, but we are free to sin and still be saved. In fact, I think that will be the case for the vast majority of the saints, some exceptions may apply for those who get saved and then die right afterward.

So please reconsider, today, we are saved by the righteousness of Christ, not by His righteousness and then some of mine, His was enough. And there is a big difference between it's ok to sin (approval), and you are free to sin (ability, but no approval) and remain saved.

CONTEXT

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Brilliant!

Very well said! You may well be the most eloquent writer on this site!

Keep it up! :thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow

I'd say that you're in the same league, Clete.
:up:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who said what? Or is what on 2nd? :confused:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure