Crow's Pick 2/4/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

:first:POTD God_Is_Truth! :thumb:

Originally posted by God_Is_Truth

i would like to share my understanding of what it means to be sealed by the holy spirit and why, based on that, i believe one cannot ever become unsealed.

first, the verses that speak of being sealed.

2 Corinthians 1
21Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Ephesians 1:13
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise

Ephesians 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

now from these verses it is abundantly clear that we are sealed by God, specifically the Holy Spirit. but what does it mean to be sealed? let us look at an analogy.

let us say that i have a jar here that i wish to seal shut. i do not want whatever is going in there to be let out so i take a lid and fasten it onto the lid, thereby sealing it. now if the jar is sealed, then it means that whatever is in there cannot get out. for if it can in any way get out, then it's not sealed at all. a seal cannot be broken by what is sealed. the only way a seal can be broken is if the one who sealed it, unseals it.

now looking back at the verses, it is clear that we are the ones sealed. we are in the jar, referencing the analogy. God, the Holy Spirit, is the one who has sealed us. he has put the lid on the jar and sealed it up. now given what was just stated earlier, since we are sealed, we are unable to un-seal ourselves. for if we could, it's not sealed to begin with. the only one who can un-seal us is God, because he is the one who sealed us to begin with.

thus, if we are to ever become unsealed, it would be because God has unsealed us, not because of anything we do ourselves.

now, do we see anywhere in scripture, even a hint of God suggesting that he will ever un-seal us? i do not see any whatsoever that come remotely close to this. thus, it seems clear to me, that once God has sealed you, he will never unseal you. and that even if you desire to be un-sealed, you cannot be. for if you ever were to be, it would have to be done by the will of God, and scripture gives no indication at all that this would ever come to pass.

that's my understanding as of present. thoughts? comments? questions?

:BRAVO:

CONTEXT:bannana:

Status
Not open for further replies.