Creation vs. Evolution II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear All,

I miss everyone already from before, so I am starting this new thread. It isn't so lengthy and is easy to post at. Hey Alwight and Hedshaker, what floats your boats 2nite?? Miss you both!!
Looking forward to hearing from you! Much Love Coming Your Way!! Hey Greg Jennings and 6days; Yorzhik, Jose Fly, gcthomas, cross reference, etc. I didn't want all the work of a thread, but this one you can all post in and I will just pop in sometime and post. If I get ten pages behind, that will have to do. I can't always keep up with all of you because there are more than ten of you and only one me. That's why I got frustrated on my last original thread. Well, look forward to hearing from you all. I will understand if you don't want to post again.

Tons Of Love From God And Me & Cheerio, Mates!!

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :guitar: :singer: :singer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

alwight

Hi Michael,
the old thread may have run its course and this one probably needs something specific to kick it off imo.
People will need to subscribe to this thread or it may slip under their radar.
My last post on it was:

alwight said:
Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post

Jose... your prediction and guarantee failed. And you aren't scoring points with your 'theology'. God is omnipotent. He can do anything within His nature. God can not tell lies. Your argument that He 'could do the exact opposite' is incorrect and not scriptural.
Seems to me 6days that you put rather more faith in an ancient and arguably entirely man-made scripture than in any divine being.
Creationists seem to choose adherence to ancient scripture rather than have faith in a God that may simply have used Darwinian evolution as His preferred method.
Why do creationists put so much faith in ancient words rather than put their faith in God?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Creationists seem to choose adherence to ancient scripture rather than have faith in a God that may simply have used Darwinian evolution as His preferred method.
Why do creationists put so much faith in ancient words rather than put their faith in God?

Several reasons:
1. they were born into a particular faith.
2. maybe it is easier to let something else do your thinking for you?
3. for some it lets them rant and rave with some perceived force behind it.
4. the "why are we here" question gets answered with some finality despite the fact that the world is chaotic and stochastic.
5. it allows you to be part of a particular tribe/group/clan that will support you against THE OTHER.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are mine this rainy Saturday morning in Massachusetts.

alwight

God said it ( scripture ) I believe it ( faith ), and that settles it for me ( following ).
Any particular reason to believe one scripture over another or indeed over science?
Couldn't your scripture be partly allegorical and perhaps only the words of men?

dodge

Any particular reason to believe one scripture over another or indeed over science?
Couldn't your scripture be partly allegorical and perhaps only the words of men?

No scripture contradicts creation by God NONE.

If a person is NOT born again ,nor trust God, the whole bible is no more than men's words to them , sadly.

In the beginning of Genesis ( chapter 1 ) God explains to mankind how the world got here, which was through His creating the heavens and the earth.

Finally Christians are warned by scripture to put no trust in what men have to say concerning the things of God.

Col 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Peace

alwight

No scripture contradicts creation by God NONE.

If a person is NOT born again ,nor trust God, the whole bible is no more than men's words to them , sadly.

In the beginning of Genesis ( chapter 1 ) God explains to mankind how the world got here, which was through His creating the heavens and the earth.

Finally Christians are warned by scripture to put no trust in what men have to say concerning the things of God.

Col 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Peace
Can I presume that you think that the Earth is but a few thousand years old?

dodge

alwight;4684172]Can I presume that you think that the Earth is but a few thousand years old

You would be correct in assuming I believe the world is close to 6000 years old give or take a few hundred years.

I have heard the arguments for an old or re-created earth,but I believe those arguments are to make those making the arguments feel good about rejecting God.

alwight

You would be correct in assuming I believe the world is close to 6000 years old give or take a few hundred years.

I have heard the arguments for an old or re-created earth,but I believe those arguments are to make those making the arguments feel good about rejecting God.
Welcome creationist. :)

dodge

Jonahdog;4683806]Several reasons:
1. they were born into a particular faith.

I became a christian @ 27
2. maybe it is easier to let something else do your thinking for you?

Seems to me that is WHY the world is so screwed up. Everyone following everyone else.

3. for some it lets them rant and rave with some perceived force behind it.

Those who witness for Christ Jesus are instructed to be meek and humble NOT argumentative.

4. the "why are we here" question gets answered with some finality despite the fact that the world is chaotic and stochastic.

That is a good question to ask ! Where you spend eternity could depend on getting that answer right.

5. it allows you to be part of a particular tribe/group/clan that will support you against THE OTHER.

Christians are NOT against anyone else they want everyone to receive the good that God has prepared for them.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are mine this rainy Saturday morning in Massachusetts.

Folks are going to either believe God or Satan ! I prefer to seek TRUTH because lies in this world are plentiful !

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I became a christian @ 27

Seems to me that is WHY the world is so screwed up. Everyone following everyone else.

Those who witness for Christ Jesus are instructed to be meek and humble NOT argumentative.

That is a good question to ask ! Where you spend eternity could depend on getting that answer right.

Christians are NOT against anyone else they want everyone to receive the good that God has prepared for them.

Folks are going to either believe God or Satan ! I prefer to seek TRUTH because lies in this world are plentiful !

Dear Dodge,

Where have you been keeping yourself and why? You are quite bright about your answers. It's good to have someone like you post here. Why haven't you posted more often? Just wonderin'??

Michael

dodge

Dear Dodge,

Where have you been keeping yourself and why? You are quite bright about your answers. It's good to have someone like you post here. Why haven't you posted more often? Just wonderin'??

Michael

Thank you ! I have been on another christian forum where I am now banned for 3 days for quoting scripture.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear alwight,

Thanks for starting this thread off just marvelously. And thanks to Jonahdog for adding his two cents. I've missed you all!! Alwight, it looks like you've all smashed the champagne bottle off the bow of the ship!!

Thanks also to you, Jonahdog, for posting!! I noticed you too, brother. Yes, I know you're an atheist, right? If Dodge can find Jesus at 27, then an atheist can find Jesus at 40, right?? That's what I aim for.

God Bless You All & Cheerio!!

Michael

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Wow, are you sure you are in the right place here on TOL? It is full of "Christians" who do nothing but argue and revel in telling people they are going to hell.

dodge

Wow, are you sure you are in the right place here on TOL? It is full of "Christians" who do nothing but argue and revel in telling people they are going to hell.

Yes, I know. God gave us the truth to share and tells us to love other folks, sadly Satan seems to constantly make folks forget or ignore WHO they follow and are supposed to obey.

I believe as long as someone is breathing that there is hope, and that they will stop long enough to hear and listen to God.

It grieves me to think that the WAY and MEANS to follow and love God are revealed but folks are too caught up in themselves to share the love and forgiveness that God offers and provides.

God loves you.

It took me a long time and many trials to understand that God loves me in spite of me, and wants what is best for me.

Peace.

6days

alwight said:
Creationists seem to choose adherence to ancient scripture..
We put our faith in the inerrant Word of God, supported by history and science.

alwight said:
rather than have faith in a God that may simply have used Darwinian evolution
Would you trust a god who 'creates' through processes of death, pain, suffering and extinctions? ...Oh, wait...that is the god of Darwinists. Why put so much faith in a creator (Mutations)which is not supported by evidence?

6days

Yes, I know. God gave us the truth to share and tells us to love other folks, sadly Satan seems to constantly make folks forget or ignore WHO they follow and are supposed to obey.
53 posts in 8 years? Come on man... pick up the pace!!!! :)

alwight

We put our faith in the inerrant Word of God, supported by history and science.

Would you trust a god who 'creates' through processes of death, pain, suffering and extinctions? ...Oh, wait...that is the god of Darwinists. Why put so much faith in a creator (Mutations)which is not supported by evidence?
This is one reason I don't believe in gods and that the natural world is what it is because of Darwinian evolution, uncontrolled by any divine entity, no gods are responsible or to blame for its harsher reality.
I too might like the idea of a friendly heavenly father looking after us, but clearly that is not happening and we should just get on with it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.