Cradlers

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
'Hope I'm not being too . . . any-number-of-adjectives here, but for my own benefit, I'm curious who else besides those whom I know are, because they've admitted it publicly in at least one post I've read, "cradlers," or those raised Catholic. I'd consider the sacrament of confirmation sufficient for a yes.

Here are those who've publicly said they are:

GT
AMR
TulipBee
John W
Cabinetmaker
* Glorydaz

There are others who I suspect but who I can't confirm.

I'm just curious. Thanks.

I'm not, BTW, a cradler.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
'Hope I'm not being too . . . any-number-of-adjectives here, but for my own benefit, I'm curious who else besides those whom I know are, because they've admitted it publicly in at least one post I've read, "cradlers," or those raised Catholic. I'd consider the sacrament of confirmation sufficient for a yes.

GT
AMR
TulipBee
John W
Cabinetmaker

I'm not, BTW, a cradler.

Not one

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Truster

Swapping doctrines or changing cults is not being made regenerate. Many people have left Roman Catholicism because of disillusionment after scandals. This proves they trusted in man and when the men let them down, out they came.

Out of the frying pan...

Truster

Nobody who knows me ever does ask me, because they know they will hear the truth. The truth delivered factually is frightening.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Many years of Catholic indoctrination, through college. Basically gave it up during college---women and EtOH---some evangelical Bible study as a young adult. Then just did not give a rat's behind. Listening to Pastor Bob Enyart on the radio, in particular his insistence on Biblical literalism and the whole special creation 6000 years ago, man and dinosaurs lived together, Big Flood etc. made me conclude that the whole God-thing, whether Christian or not was just total nonsense.
So I will readily admit to being raised Catholic, then moving to the Protestant edge and finally thinking rationally.

Oh, and Truster is soooo much fun.

Truster

Many years of Catholic indoctrination, through college. Basically gave it up during college---women and EtOH---some evangelical Bible study as a young adult. Then just did not give a rat's behind. Listening to Pastor Bob Enyart on the radio, in particular his insistence on Biblical literalism and the whole special creation 6000 years ago, man and dinosaurs lived together, Big Flood etc. made me conclude that the whole God-thing, whether Christian or not was just total nonsense.
So I will readily admit to being raised Catholic, then moving to the Protestant edge and finally thinking rationally.

I thought it was a load of nonsense as well, until...

Truster

Until what?.
I thought it was real until rational thought took control.

What you had was the general revelation that Paul speaks of in Romans. That revelation leaves all men without excuse. That revelation is subject to the whims of humanity. It has the power to judge, condemn and destroy. It does not possess the power to save. The power to save is in the evangelism. You haven't received that but if you do you'll be fully and completely aware of it.

glassjester

Listening to Pastor Bob Enyart on the radio, in particular his insistence on Biblical literalism and the whole special creation 6000 years ago, man and dinosaurs lived together, Big Flood etc. made me conclude that the whole God-thing, whether Christian or not was just total nonsense.

You realize being Catholic does not necessarily mean believing in a young Earth, right?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for your story. :e4e:

I've struggled with my Christian faith, which I can't shake, for decades. After getting caught in a number of bear traps, I chose to pursue every angle with vigor, and found out that Catholicism is the very, very detailed answer to my question, but as far as nutshells go, it's all about the RESURRECTION. Even the Christian Bible itself says that if the Lord did not rise from the dead, then the whole thing is a sham with zero redeeming value of any kind. It's impossible to reject the RESURRECTION, and still find anything of use or constructive in the Christian faith.
False. :chuckle:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You realize being Catholic does not necessarily mean believing in a young Earth, right?
I've found that the Church discourages belief in a young earth, which I disagree with; but, when compared with the Lord's glorious RESURRECTION, how can I get too upset about it? :idunno: :)

jsanford108

GT
AMR
TulipBee
John W
Cabinetmaker
* Glorydaz

I'm not, BTW, a cradler.

I am not a cradle Catholic.

I was Baptist (southern) since birth pretty much. Then decided in college to find "truth." I began with basic philosophy and science. Utilizing Deacartes method of existence to thus prove God's existence. Then, the Bible being the most historically accurate archaic text, proving Christianity. I then decided that I would only exclusively believe what the Scriptures say. From there I took several theology classes. I read systematic theology, as well as other sources detailing exact doctrines.

I could not get past how nearly every Protestant doctrine did not fully agree with Scripture, or even went completely against it. It seemed there was no denomination with doctrine based solely on what I found in Scripture. Then, I happened to just research exactly what I derived from Scripture. To my (slight) surprise, it was a Catholic doctrine. Then I discovered that everything I believed, based solely on Scripture, was exactly as the Catholic's believed and taught.

A few years later, I was confirmed. I always had this sense of not being satisfied with my denomination and doctrines. After finding Catholicism, I finally felt full and satisfied. And I have grown in knowledge more than ever before.

I thank God for Catholicism every day.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

Cradlers

I apologize for my somewhat extensive story. I just love telling it. Especially coming from a denomination that is pretty anti-catholic. Combined with my unbiased analytical approach. (It also has additions of scientific research thrown in, due to education in biology, but that is a whole different topic). Thanks for the thread, friend.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL