Courtship vs. Dating

Zimfan

Originally posted by shilohproject
Yeah, I saw a photo of a black guy on the "About BJU" page. So there!:D

:chuckle: I bet if you asked the alumni of the school they'd say that some of their best friends are black.

P.S. I think I saw a hispanic woman on one page. That proves it, they can't be racially biased.

Tye Porter

Looks like "Courtship" beat out dating.
Way to go folks.
And congratulations for making the wise decision.
Christine....
Betrothal?
It's an ancient form of courting, with "arrangment" added for spice.
I know some messianic jews who still pracrice that.

Anywho, congratulations to the "Courtiers".

taoist

Zimfan;
So, since it seems everyone else has quit, does that mean that Taoist has won?

Elaine;
No, it does not. I would keep on discussing it with him, thought it seems likely that neither of us would have gotten anywhere, but first my sister took over, and then it seemed to sort of peter out.

taoist;
Courtship vs. dating? Universal applicability of homeschooling? The relative morality of BJU? I think we've gone there and done that already. I actually suggested letting you in on Crow's origins thread.

Yorzhik;
If I just had some time... I do know that ShadowMaid doesn't have any lately.

taoist;
I'm pretty sure that's got to be related to homeschooling. To save time looking back at my earlier comments, understand that I'm not opposed to homeschooling. But I don't believe either the resources or the best interests of our society would be well served by waning support for public schools.

Freak

My wife Elizabeth was a pagan when we met. We were friends, I then led her to Christ. After her salvation we dated for a few months which led to us getting engaged. I left for the mission field in Africa and on the day of my arriving back we got married at 11:30pm with only a handful of people present. We love each other and both of us serve Christ.

Regarding this issue of dating/courtship/etc.....I don't think we can be dogmatic.....we can only be guided by our conscience and Jesus.